Anyone use Twitter or other social media often?

NowItsAngeTime

I have:

• Facebook, which part of me wishes I didn't have but another part of me is too lazy to care. Plus I can annoy people with shit puns.
  • Twitter. I have no idea how to use it, but stalking seeing what others have to say is fun :sachi:
  • Tumblr, which is almost exclusively made up of grindcore and powerviolence fans.

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

Social media is evil, a toxic waste pool poisoning the waters of society with endless drivel and false information.  May Twitter and Facebook be cursed to a hell full of computer viruses.

I used to hold this view because that's what happens when you get involved with niche forums in your early adolescence, but I totally disagree now. I don't post much on Facebook, but it is a great tool to keep in contact with friends. I still regularly interact with my good friends from high school through a group chat in Facebook. I also can keep in contact with friends I made abroad (Japan) for when I comeback. It really is a useful tool that keeps friends connected despite physical separation.

So yeah, I use Facebook. But I hardly post on it. I mostly just use it for pms and group chats. 

4 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I used to hold this view because that's what happens when you get involved with niche forums in your early adolescence, but I totally disagree now. I don't post much on Facebook, but it is a great tool to keep in contact with friends. I still regularly interact with my good friends from high school through a group chat in Facebook. I also can keep in contact with friends I made abroad (Japan) for when I comeback. It really is a useful tool that keeps friends connected despite physical separation.

So yeah, I use Facebook. But I hardly post on it. I mostly just use it for pms and group chats. 

I don't trust Facebook in particular with my personal information... that company is too reliant on selling people's info for its cash.

On a more serious note, social media has basically become a method for people to self-isolate from opposing opinions, which is one of the primary reasons I hate it in a more general sense...  while I'm not fond of social and peer pressure, I did like it when I didn't have to worry about racist politicians obtaining political power on the federal level... 

3 minutes ago, gunter said:

i have a facebook , wich i use to post some drawings and talk with graffiti / yoyo friends, and an instagram account ,on wich i post random pics (often sketches  murals and street bombing pics )  ,i'll leave the link here just in case you wanna check https://www.instagram.com/watashiwaquerdesu/

me and a friend dabbled with graffiti a long time ago... good times

you also spelled which wrong.....

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

On a more serious note, social media has basically become a method for people to self-isolate from opposing opinions, which is one of the primary reasons I hate it in a more general sense...  while I'm not fond of social and peer pressure, I did like it when I didn't have to worry about racist politicians obtaining political power on the federal level... 

Just because its being used widely for nefarious and asinine ends doesn't mean I won't use if it suits me. You just gotta not let the circle-jerk get to your head.

Something like twitter doesn't work as a primary community, usually (how can you discuss/debate with tweets?). But it's nice to connect and share.

Edited by Chronopolis