Looking for an anime

7 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

Well, I'm looking for an true love anime (call me a pussy but I find them quite interesting) I'm not talking about already in love, I want something where they meet then fall in love, any suggestions?

Neo Genesis Evangelion? Tsukihime would count under that but just play the game, Plastic Memories, Orange, Guilty Crown(Maybe), Sankarea(Maybe), Your Lie in April(A-1, "shudder"), the monogatari series has some romance but it's not huge on it and Yona of the Dawn(Haven't watched). Then we have the ROM-COM section, Nisekoi, Toradora, Oriemo, My Teen Romantic Comedy, and just about 40% of anime ever made. 

3 minutes ago, andzalot55 said:

I enjoyed Plastic Memories. Not a top rated love anime like Clannad though but it's enjoyable.

I don't doubt that you did, but everyone has a different sensitivity to drama (I can tolerate almost none these days) and the opening poster didn't elaborate on how much drama he can tolerate.

EDIT: To the opening poster, I have a thread looking for relatively drama-less romantic anime here:

Although I don't list the ones I've already seen, there are plenty recommended in there too.

Here are my top picks:

Nodame Cantabile: A nice show about people in the music world (classical). If you really don't like classical music (common practice period) I probably wouldn't watch this show. However, if you don't mind, the show is really amazing.

Golden Time: People in university doing semi-realistic things. I think this might be one of the better romances I've watched, although I watched it quite a long time ago.

Nagi no Asukara: A pretty stereotypical high school romance show, although there are some fantasy elements and things like that. I would say that it's definitely above average though. Gets rather dramatic at times. Some of the fantasy elements makes for some really dramatic scenes and storylines.

Sukitte Ii na yo: Another pretty good high school romance show. A outgoing guy meets a shy girl. 

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, if you need anymore I can probably find some.

2 hours ago, Polycentric said:

Here are my top picks:

Nodame Cantabile: A nice show about people in the music world (classical). If you really don't like classical music (common practice period) I probably wouldn't watch this show. However, if you don't mind, the show is really amazing.

Golden Time: People in university doing semi-realistic things. I think this might be one of the better romances I've watched, although I watched it quite a long time ago.

Nice rec. I second these. Specially Golden time

Kimi ni Todoke, Special A Class (2008), Kimi no na wa (movie)

39 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I seriously second Ore Monogatari. I'm currently in the middle of it myself, and it's such a lovely romance comedy. :sachi:

thanks, maybe i will beat you to the end... very unlikely but not an impossible feat

35 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Amagami

Gosick

Working!

You can look here https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Utamaruno?status=3&tag=

All anime there has love confession and/or kiss. Though i need to delete some of them...

thanks i have more than enough anime to get me to christmas and possibly beyond

I'm going to suggest two anime that most people wouldn't really call romance anime:  Crest/Banner of the Stars and Spice and Wolf.  They both feature extremely well-fleshed out characters, more so than usual.  I'll also recommend Koi Kaze because it is an extremely non-fetishized take on forbidden romance.

The best romcom in existence is Kimagure Orange Road, from which all modern romcom derive. It's already 30 years old but as fresh as the first day.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1087/Kimagure_Orange☆Road

To keep with the oldies, there's another classic anime called Touch which revolves around baseball and really heavy drama, with the death of one of the protagonists, and a pretty bitter romance triangle. This anime has been known to upset some people while being a masterpiece for others.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1065/Touch

After Kimagure, the next big stop is Love Hina, that created the modern harem genre (though Rumiko Takahashi used lots of characters with complicated relationships before, such as in Ranma 1/2).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/189/Love_Hina

Edited by Okarin