Key's 2nd announcement - Rewrite New Project

Satsuki

10 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Well that was fast after their last announcement. I wonder what Rewrite project they're doing? A sequel or a spin-off?

teamAeca is the developerĀ of AB Operation Wars and that whatever LB card game, so I guess this will be another one of those too.

Edited by Satsuki

Uh, I really don't get the extreme pessimism over here... Key just released Harmonia a while ago, a Japanese VN that was released in English beforeĀ Japanese. If you don't call that making something new, I don't know what is.Ā Why is everyone pretending Key doesn't make anything original at all anymore

2 minutes ago, babiker said:

Uh, I really don't get the extreme pessimism over here... Key just released Harmonia a while ago, a Japanese VN that was released in English beforeĀ Japanese. If you don't call that making something new, I don't know what is.Ā Why is everyone pretending Key doesn't make anything original at all anymore

Not sure, Rewrite is my favorite Key VN, and it's one of my top 3 VNs, so more Rewrite is great for me.

15 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I guess they decided to join Frontwing in completely giving up on making new titles in favor of milking their pre-existing names to death

Ā 

...what? We have a new game by Key literally on the same page and Frontwing has released at least 4 completely original novels during the last two years.Ā 

25 minutes ago, Satsuki said:

What I mean is that are they making a fandisc or sequel or what (although I'm pretty sure it's going to be a mobile game).

More info Soonā„¢

Ā 

20 minutes ago, babiker said:

Key just released Harmonia a while ago, a Japanese VN that was released in English beforeĀ Japanese. If you don't call that making something new, I don't know what is.Ā Why is everyone pretending Key doesn't make anything original at all anymore

Ā 

12 minutes ago, novurdim said:

...what? We have a new game by Key literally on the same page and Frontwing has released at least 4 completely original novels during the last two years.Ā 

Yeah no kidding, it should be re-titled:

"Fuwanovel - Make Visual Novels Popular in the West So We Can Bitch and Moan About Them!"

List of Front Wing VN released since 2011 that weren't Grisaia related:

2011 - Sengoku Tenshi Djibril

2012 - Pure Girl

2014- Innocent Girl

2015 - Yuki Koi Melt

2015 - Hatsuru Koto Naki Mirai Yori

2015 - Himawari

2016 - Island

2016 - Corona Blossom

Edited by Nier

I expect some sort of spin-off. Key has never done fullĀ on sequels. I don't want more of the same but they have already announced a new title, which seems to be a big one, so there's not much more we can ask for really.

Also what's with Japanese website devs fucking up countdowns so that they change based on your timezone?

Spoiler

868d61ae94fa4d08ad1f1d5c066d0010.png

Ā 

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

I expect some sort of spin-off. Key has never done fullĀ on sequels. I don't want more of the same but they have already announced a new title, which seems to be a big one, so there's not much more we can ask for really.

Also what's with Japanese website devs fucking up countdowns so that they change based on your timezone?

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

868d61ae94fa4d08ad1f1d5c066d0010.png

Ā 

Because Japan likes to rewrite whether or not the outside world exists.

Ā 

Seriously though, everyone who says Key "isn't making anything new" and such, they literally just announced a new game before this. I'm like, dead from fuwanovel 90% of the timeĀ and follow VN stuff even less, yet I'm aware.

Oh, and second announcement is in this title, even if you're not aware you could go look for what the first was :amane:

Ā 

Edited by Ceris

Well, my newly non sleep deprivedĀ brain now recognizes that I was a bit hasty to try and claim that nothing original comes out of Key or Fronting. Having said that, like I have with the announcements with the new Grisaia series, I still question the point of creating another vn set in the Rewrite universe.Ā 

I don't know maybe they will make it work, well will see when there is actual info released.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Ceris said:

Because Japan likes to rewrite whether or not the outside world exists.

Ā 

Seriously though, everyone who says Key "isn't making anything new" and such, they literally just announced a new game before this. I'm like, dead from fuwanovel 90% of the timeĀ and follow VN stuff even less, yet I'm aware.

Oh, and second announcement is in this title, even if you're not aware you could go look for what the first was :amane:

Ā 

ermergawd, wild Ceris appears to defend the only VN he ever read:pyaa:

I assumed 'first' announcement was another Rewrite before this second oneĀ :holo:Ā 

1 hour ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Well, my newly non sleep deprivedĀ brain now recognizes that I was a bit hasty to try and claim that nothing original comes out of Key or Fronting. Having said that, like I have with the announcements with the new Grisaia series, I still question the point of creating another vn set in the Rewrite universe.Ā 

I don't know maybe they will make it work, well will see when there is actual info released.Ā 

Ā 

Even if it's from the same franchise or the same universe it can still be original, just look at Ć¢ge, all their games from the past 15 years have been from the same universe.