What are some visual novels you've been interested in for a while but still haven't checked out yet?

NowItsAngeTime

Long list: (no specific order)

Spoiler

Soukoku no Arterial

Amairo*Islenauts

Devils Devel Concept

'&' - Sora no Mukou de Sakimasu you ni -

Baldr Sky Dive

Material Brave

Akatsuki no Goei

Fortissimo

Hatsuyuki Sakura

Hello Lady!

Clover Day's

Irotoridori no Sekai

Dekinai Watashi, ga Kurikaesu

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

Koi de wa Naku

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

White Album 2

AstralAir no Shiroki Towa

PRIMAL HEARTS

Subarashiki Hibi

Evenicle

Evolimit

Mayoeru Futari to Sekai no Subete

Astraythem

Natsuzora no Perseus

Shukufuku no Kane no Oto wa, Sakurairo no Kaze to Tomo ni

Mirai Nostalgia

Happymaher

Gensou no Idea

Sorcery Jokers

Himawari no Kyoukai to Nagai Natsuyasumi

Minamijuujisei Renka

Harumade, Kururu.

Natsukumo Yururu

World Election

Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o

Koihime Sengoku

Sakura no Mori Dreamers

Lamunation!

Semiramis no Tenbin

Baka Moe Heart ni Ai o Komete!

Tojita Sekai no Tori Colony

Gleam Garden no Shoujo -witch in gleamgarden-

Prima Stella

Sora no Tsukurikata -Under the Same Sky, Over the Rainbow-

Signalist Stars!!

Gin'Iro, Haruka

Lovesick Puppies -Bokura wa Koi Suru Tame ni Umaretekita-

Natsuiro Recipe

Short list:

Hatsuyuki Sakura - Want to read this one since a long time. Will surely read it in 2017!

Subarashiki Hibi - Waiting for the translation. I'm sure my japanese wouldn't be enough to apreciate it.

Baldr Sky Dive 1 and 2 - Waiting for the translation, but if there is nothing at the end of 2017, I'll read it in japanese.

Soukoku no Arterial - Really want to play it, but I fear it ends up like Kamidori and me never finishing it...

Akatsuki Works VNs

Harumade, Kururu and Natsukumo Yururu - The hard science is calling for me!

Steins;Gate 0 - No PS4 or Vita..........

Edited by Riku

1 minute ago, Kawasumi said:

wise. I wish people would realize this more.

Well, I guess people do realise, but learning a language (and Japanese at that) can be a daunting task, especially if you never have cared to learn one besides your mother tongue (but that, today, can be pretty rare).

I'm the type that laughs at the plebs demanding Spanish translations for everything and anything. If I had done that, I could have never played tonnes of good games.

But then again, I have been learning English since age 6, and then did some Latin in high school. I like learning new words and expressions. Grammar is trickier.

In the case of Hatsuyuki Sakura, and other untranslated VNs, I don't delude myself. It will take years of practise to get a level good enough to understand it fluidly. I have a big Japanese primer in anime though (but, as people always say, due to the nature of the medium, I know far better how women talk).

Just now, Fred the Barber said:

Me too... though only somewhat recently, since someone whose taste I respect was talking about how good it was, and that intensified when I later noticed that it's ridiculously highly rated on VNDB for being untranslated.

I have heard a lot of people praise it to be one of the best if not the best SOL VN out there

I have a really big list of vns to read, but in the moment i'm in a marathon of long unknown vns, i already playing W.L.O., but i don't know if i will be alive to read all these things.

• Hello, World (A nitro game, with hard sci-fi, genre shift and tagged as utsuge)
  • France Shoujo (I read in somewhere that this is one of the most, if not the most long vn that exist, the mystery and the number of ends(48) are intringing me too)
  • Steel (This is the one that i know like 0 of the game, but look like a action anime of 2000 and has a single end)
  • Izayoi no Fortuna ( A more romance focused to break the pace)
  • Shoujo to Sekai to Okashi no Ken (sci-fi metaficition with a loli that can turn candy into a sword, it's separated in 3 games, at first i will be only playing the principal that is already very long)

I was keeping a eye on Higurashi: When They Cry. Now a couple of questions:

1. Steam has 4 chapters. Is this the complete Hou arc?

2. Is the Steam version uncensored or should i get them from the official site?

3. In the official MangaGamer site, there's also Question Arc Hou. When shold i play this?

That is all, just no spoilers plz:)

Edited by G3n3raL86

5 hours ago, G3n3raL86 said:

1. Steam has 4 chapters. Is this the complete Hou arc?

2. Is the Steam version uncensored or should i get them from the official site?

3. In the official MangaGamer site, there's also Question Arc Hou. When shold i play this?

Haven't played it myself, but yes, it is.  Link to the Hou Steam bundle, which contains all 4 chapters.

There's no censorship.  Both Steam and MangaGamer's versions are identical.

Buy directly from MangaGamer if you want to support them and 07th Expansion.  Buying from Steam will give Valve their cut for putting it on their store, so MG and 07th Expansion will get less money.

20 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Haven't played it myself, but yes, it is.  Link to the Hou Steam bundle, which contains all 4 chapters.

There's no censorship.  Both Steam and MangaGamer's versions are identical.

Buy directly from MangaGamer if you want to support them and 07th Expansion.  Buying from Steam will give Valve their cut for putting it on their store, so MG and 07th Expansion will get less money.

If i buy them from MangaGamer, will i get a Steam key or they are seperate?

4 minutes ago, G3n3raL86 said:

If i buy them from MangaGamer, will i get a Steam key or they are seperate?

They used to offer Steam keys with the games that had Steam versions, but they don't do that anymore because people started scamming them for the keys, unfortunately.  It's why they had payment processor issues a while back and couldn't sell anything.

Va-11 Hall-A - Seems pretty interesting but I haven't bought it yet because of other stuff on my wishlist.

Tokyo Babel- Been interested in this for a while now. I might buy it soon while it's on sale.

Root Double- I might buy this one after Tokyo Babel. Maybe sometime next year.

Steins;gate- Pretty highly-rated. Amazing visuals and interesting story. Been meaning to buy it for some time but I lack funds.

Along the Edge - A pretty unique looking vn that has both French and English translations. I don't speak French, but I'd love to learn it. Plus, it's otome-ish but big on the story.