What are some visual novels you've been interested in for a while but still haven't checked out yet?

NowItsAngeTime

• I've been interested in Kana Little Sister/Welcome Home Kana since apparently it was one of the older popular feelsy visual novels
  • I generally like Overdrive stuff (besides Go Go Nippon which I havent read yet) but I still have Chou Dengeki Stryker to go through and Bokuten is right around the corner
  • Would still like to try a YuzuSoft VN sometime
  • Kinda interested in that Fata Morgana thats super popular among a particular crowsd.

• Same here on Overdrive stuff; I really like stories about musicians, so KiraKira and Deardrops should be right up my alley.
  • Kindred Spirits. It's always at the front of my non-existent list, except for brief moments where something else piques my interest at just the right time, and I end up playing that "something else" instead.

For me, I've had to put of alot of VNs due to dev work, so the list has piled up. A few notable ones are;

• Fata morgana
  • The Grisaia series
  • Corpse party series
  • Daganronpa series (That's how it's spelt right?)
  • Sharin no Kuni
  • Aiyoku no Eustia
  • Clannad
  • Steins;gate series
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!

That's about it for the most part. The list goes on and on, but it can't release my heavy load on you guys soo soon yet. :yumiko:

11 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

Aside from continuing the Grisaia series, the biggest one for me is Pigeon Blood, which I stumbled across one day playing the random VN game on vndb I so frequently play. It's yaoi horror with fine-as art and, supposedly, some really messed up ends. 

first time seeing the avatar aaron. it looks great. :mare:

• steigns;gate
  • steigns;gate 0
  • maji de watashi ni koishina sai A series.
  • Enigma

i have so much to read. >.< im a terrible procrastinator.

Irotoridori no Sekai
Subarashiki Hibi
Happymaher
Little Bastards Busters
Forest

The first 3 I'm kind of putting off because I want to get my Japanese to a better level before reading them. I'd rather not ruin the experience by having to look words up and whatnot. Or maybe I'll wait for the translations. LB is probably the next one I'll read, I think I might be a Keyfag so this should help me determine that. Forest was the next one on my list for like a year now, but I keep finding other VNs to read instead for some reason.

Edited by Barktooth

There are actually a lot but a few of the biggest ones are: Tokyo Babel and Ayakashibito, Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, Root Double, Muv-Luv, the entire Infinity series, and Sharin no Kuni.

This may seem dumb but the main reason I've been sort of putting those off is that I'm kinda worried about how they may end, as I prefer my endings to be on a positive note.

In Sharin no Kuni's case, the fact that it has both a Linear Plot and Multiple Endings tag on VNDB is kinda offputting.

5 minutes ago, Kabu said:

There are actually a lot but a few of the biggest ones are: Tokyo Babel and Ayakashibito, Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head, Root Double, Muv-Luv, the entire Infinity series, and Sharin no Kuni.

This may seem dumb but the main reason I've been sort of putting those off is that I'm kinda worried about how they may end, as I prefer my endings to be on a positive note.

In Sharin no Kuni's case, the fact that it has both a Linear Plot and Multiple Endings tag on VNDB is kinda offputting.

In Sharin's case, the main plot's ending is exactly the same, only thing thats different is the epilogue of who MC ends up with.

I do have a wishlist that goes on for pages and pages, but there is a few special games in there that I showed some serious interest in, but never actually played yet:

Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o. I bought the special edition of this game last year, on release, because of my love for their previous games like Kono oozora and the fandisk but still haven't played it. At the time I wasn't sure if my JP was good enough to read such a long title in JP, and since then I just haven't gotten around to it. I really do want to play this soon though, as it's just sitting on my shelf atm. (The special edition box looks awesome though, so I do like just looking at it too :sacchan: )

Hatsuyuki Sakura Another VN I have, but still haven't actually started yet. Heard many great things about it, (including spoilers x_X), but I can't handle playing too many nakige/ utsuge in a row, so I have to start this when my feels can handle it. I also had the same issue with this that I had with Miagete Goran, as it's a pretty long game, and I wasn't sure if I could get through it all in the past. Nowadays it's just a combination of me being busy IRL and a little lazyness that stops me from reading these.

Sakura no Uta I have had people recommend me this left and right, so it's been building up in my mind as something I have to read in my mind. Also read a couple of reviews that seemed to praise it quite a lot, so I have been meaning to read this, but still haven't gotten around to it yet. Soon though!

I would add in ChusinGura here, but that's a game I'm actually reading now, and it's great. When I started university and began studying Japanese history on the side of my Japanese language studies, I decided that I would read ChuSinGura once I felt I knew enough about the time period. I did stall it for a little while, but now I'm actually reading it in the source language, and it's great.

If you ask me, I'd interested in some untranslated VN like Irotoridori, Baldr Sky, Gin'iro Haruka, and Aiyoku no Eustia although it's more my incapability to read Japanese language at this moment though (Those four were quite good according to some review that I'd read). As for translated one, I still didn't check Steins Gate 0 yet to be honest although I knew it was quite well liked here. For more example from translated one, perhaps both of Enigma and MYTH as well. Also ChuSingura 46 as well because of my technical problem That's all I could share for now here.

On 12/11/2016 at 6:12 PM, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Fate/Stay Night also, though I don't know where I can buy it, and even then, financial reasons.

You literally can't buy the Realta Nua version from Type Moon anymore.  It's not possible.  That's the best version available, soooo, yeah.

The Steampunk series, ef, Majikoi S and the As, and Ayakashibito.  They're all sitting on my computer, but I'm too busy to get to reading them  : /

Mainly Aiyoku no Eustia and Yosuga no Sora for which I still had slim hopes that the fan translations get finished.

I'm also thinking about giving Liar-Soft's Steampunk series a retry. In retrospect I might have given up a bit to soon on it. When I tried Shikkoku no Sharnoth I actually liked the music and the overall setting and atmosphere, just the episodic story-structure was kinda lackluster. Maybe I should try one of the higher rated titles of the series a try, considering that Shikkoku no Sharnoth is supposed to be the weakest one. Though Mary was a pretty nice girl as a protagonist. We'll see...

21 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Welp. Looks like I'll never get the chance to try Fate/Stay Night for the rest of my life. I missed the chance a long time ago.

That's one response.  I'd argue that it's too good to miss, if you like fantasy, mythology and chuuni.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Mainly Aiyoku no Eustia and Yosuga no Sora for which I still had slim hopes that the fan translations get finished.

You too, eh?  I'm hoping that YnS will get TL'd eventually, but odds are I'll learn Japanese first  :(