Jump to content

Fault Milestone Series


Recommended Posts

Ok, please post spoilers in tags.. As I've yet to finish the two novels that have been released.

 

I am In love with the artwork in this series! The characters are likeable, (Ritona best girl imo). The one thing that stands out is the complete lack of fan art. Especially of the "yuri" kind. I mean seriously. Nothing exists. 

Calling yuri-fags. Find me Fault Yuri. 

Asside that, I've just gotten to a part in ms1 where (edit, anyone know how to do spoiler tags?!) 

Discuss!, Please don't spoil me, Im really enjoying this so far. 

 

 

Edited by Hakamichi_Sajaki
Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of the series so far, it is the only sekai project kickstarter that I was fully proud to be a part of..... although I am ashamed that I put the least amount of money behind it. 

I absolutely adore Rune as I'm a particularly big fan of the type of backstory her character has, and because she is just lovably earnest. 

The lack of fan art does worry me quite abit, is it a sign the the vn isn't selling very well?

Edited by Soulless Watcher
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Big fan of the series so far, it is the only sekai project kickstarter that I was fully proud to be a part of..... although I am ashamed that I put the least amount of money behind it. 

I absolutely adore Rune as I'm a particularly big fan of the type of backstory her character has, and because she is just lovably earnest. 

The lack of fan art does worry me quite abit, is it a sign the the vn isn't selling very well?

Sekai Project has an Artbook for sale on their store for 15 bucks:

https://sekaiproject.com/shop/fault-patreon-artbook-vol-1/

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's not a sign that the VN isn't doing very well, AFAIK it made its kickstarter and then some, and has quite the following. I'm just a Yuri hording pervert who wants to see Ritona get it on with Selphine.

~~~

And just finished the first part! 

Spoiler

oh shit! what is Melano?! 

I really am in love with the art in this VN. Onto the second!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm a big fan of the series myself. It's one of those doujin titles that you can actually buy without regret. I wish, guys from "Alice in Dissonance" would stop drawing Patreon's art and release the new games. More than a year has passed since last milestone, still no prequel or sequel news on the horizon. I liked the tech demo, but I'm waiting for the main dish.

On 12/10/2016 at 3:41 AM, Hakamichi_Sajaki said:

Especially of the "yuri" kind. I mean seriously. Nothing exists. 

Because nothing is really set in stone for the romantic relationship. While there's one implied scene in milestone 2, I don't see this series as true yuri. But it's one of those rare cases where I would love to be wrong :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yorikbad said:

Well, I'm a big fan of the series myself. It's one of those doujin titles that you can actually buy without regret. I wish, guys from "Alice in Dissonance" would stop drawing Patreon's art and release the new games. More than a year has passed since last milestone, still no prequel or sequel news on the horizon. I liked the tech demo, but I'm waiting for the main dish.

Well according to the Patreon goals they arn't reaching the ideal amount of money required to keep up their standards of quality for Silence of the Pendant and I have heard Side Below of Milestone two had to undergo extensive rewrites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Well according to the Patreon goals they arn't reaching the ideal amount of money required to keep up their standards of quality for Silence of the Pendant and I have heard Side Below of Milestone two had to undergo extensive rewrites. 

Sauce on what you've heard? 

 

I'd support them if I could, But Im a Neet weeb. And even they have bills. I bought their games. (no yohohoho here) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hakamichi_Sajaki said:

Sauce on what you've heard? 

 

I'd support them if I could, But Im a Neet weeb. And even they have bills. I bought their games. (no yohohoho here) 

Can't seem to find it, so it could have been a complete fever dream of mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Well it seems like the next installment will be the SILENCE OF THE PEDANT which will be out in nearly half a year (sigh), June 20th. 

I was under the impression that it would just be a "short story", but going by the site it seems to be at least as big as the previous installments of the series. The art looks fantastic and dat tagline "DAMN YOUR LEGACY" , can't wait. 

Here's de link for the website. 

http://projectwritten.com/fault/en/stp/

Link to post
Share on other sites

The author said on twitter a while back that StP would be about twice the length of the previous installments.

Anyways, I love Fault's combination of stunning visuals and the world view (plus the fact that story is respectable).

I'm guessing the story probably will be more involved and psychological than the other episodes, seeing as its Ritona's whole backstory. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Chronopolis
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

What a nice trailer.

That aside, I did wonder though if the developer would finish it here or continuing it with fault 3. While logically they would continue it to part 3, personally I would say that it's okay if they end it at side 2 below so that we didn't need to wait for new parts anymore. Also hopefully we can see more on Melano and her cadres in this installment, seeing that the trailer did imply the inevitable showdown between her and Selphine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like there are way too many loose ends to just wrap everything up in Side: Below without making it seem rushed. I'm pretty sure there will be at least one more sequel, which we'll probably have to wait a long time for (though hopefully not as long, since the delays in this case mainly seem to have been caused by engine issues).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the pacing so far seems like AiD were originally planning on wrapping things up somewhere around maybe milestone 4 or 5. Which I would be totally fine with, if they manage to get back to their original schedule of one release every year or two. What AiD is especially good at imo is telling small emotional moral tales and tying them into the character arcs of their main cast. Rushing to wrap up the central conflict in one chapter or two would probably take away the space for them to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

If you say that it's possible that the developer manage to be on track for the release in the future now that the situation seems to be stabilized (Especially after they deal with the engine problem and their separation with Sekai), I guess it's okay to have them write until fifth part. Although of course it's remain to see whether they can do that or not, and more importantly whether they'll be able to pick up their old pace or not because to me five years waiting is too long for the wait between parts (I know that it's the external problem that might be cause of it, but I still want to say it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Noira said:

i heard the first game is alright but a lot of people are saying that the second one is really good.

Pretty much this. You can basically see the first game as an extended prologue that introduces the world and the main characters. I'd say, the first half of the first half of the first game is a bit boring because of numerous infodumps, but it gets pretty good in the later half when it gets to the main intrigue of the game. The second game has better pacing, and they improved on some other things, so it's a really good experience from start to finish. I personally liked how they used the visual effects to make the experience feel more cinematic, and the ending was also pretty powerful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

Pretty much this. You can basically see the first game as an extended prologue that introduces the world and the main characters. I'd say, the first half of the first half of the first game is a bit boring because of numerous infodumps, but it gets pretty good in the later half when it gets to the main intrigue of the game. The second game has better pacing, and they improved on some other things, so it's a really good experience from start to finish. I personally liked how they used the visual effects to make the experience feel more cinematic, and the ending was also pretty powerful.

 

Thanks for the answer, I'm going to grab a copy since it's on sale, Too bad there's no voice acting (Accordingly to steam)

12 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

and the ending was also pretty powerful.

 

Looking forward for it :Chocola:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

Late to bump this, but at last we finally have the Steam store page for side below. Also we have the release month that was announced back at Indie Live Expo, and it'll be at September later so let's see if we can really see it's released at that month or not (The screen capture from the video that show side below release month).

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...