Good slice of life anime?

I've been browsing for a good slice of life/mature anime for a while now, something like Honey & Clover (i watched a few eps of Nodame Cantabile and its actually very similar to h&c) but aside of that, can't seem to find much, i've read recommendations but they're not really what you would call a "good" mature slice of life, i have watched a few others but they don't leave a big impact on me like 5cps/H&C did.

so do you guys know of any good SoL/mature anime with a similar atmosphere or story like H&C/Nodame Cantabile or one that left an impact on you? (it doesn't really matter if it has a bit of drama, comedy or other genre thrown into it) :lol:

I think when people refer to "mature" slice of life to you they probably mean "not something that has to do with a high-school and/or a club and all the usual comedy elements". Since, for example, Honey&Clover is in a college, not a high-school.

Stuff like Aria, or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Or the recent Gin no Saji.

But tbh while not maybe being as "mature", stuff like Lucky Star or Yuru Yuri is really good SoL.

I think when people refer to "mature" slice of life to you they probably mean "not something that has to do with a high-school and/or a club and all the usual comedy elements". Since, for example, Honey&Clover is in a college, not a high-school.

Stuff like Aria, or Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. Or the recent Gin no Saji.

But tbh while not maybe being as "mature", stuff like Lucky Star or Yuru Yuri is really good SoL.

when I think mature sol, I think anything that isn't nothing but zomgpantyshot. entertaining, heartwarming, and most importantly only the correct amount of fan service (if any at all.)

Usagi Drop. If you haven't watched that yet, watch it. NOW. (I haven't seen the whole thing but what I have seen is enough to recommend it always when asked for SoL)

Otherwise, Acchi Kocchi was a good SoL but its not what you're looking for, based on your first post. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru might have what you're looking for but its not exactly slice of life.

Usagi Drop

Hanasaku Iroha (I'm currently watching this one and I love it, a lil of everything in it.)

Sakratsou no Pet (Think that counts as SoL)

Ano hana (Prepare tissues)

Clannad And Clannad After story(Prepare an aresanal of tissues)

Amagami SS

These are the ones I can think up off the top of my head, which for me means they must've impacted me, and they did I love the SoL genre it's probably my favorite genre.

For those of you who mentioned Usagi drop, if you havent watched "Listen girls I'm your father" it's a lot like usagi drop but it has a different taste. It's a little more comedic and in my book it was pretty good. Animes like "Listen girls..." and usagi drop make me want to adopt a little girl lol. Can18 year olds adopt little girls xD??

For those of you who mentioned Usagi drop, if you havent watched "Listen girls I'm your father" it's a lot like usagi drop but it has a different taste. It's a little more comedic and in my book it was pretty good. Animes like "Listen girls..." and usagi drop make me want to adopt a little girl lol. Can18 year olds adopt little girls xD??

Yeah I've seen Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!, I liked it, but not as much as Usagi Drop. Still really good.

Another SoL that I haven't seen all the way through that might be worth looking into is Ano Natsu. Its made by the same company(?) that produced Ano Hana and from what I can gather so far after watching the first 4 episodes is that the focus is on how the main characters relationships with each other grow. It's certainly on the more mature side of SoL in my opinion.

Another SoL that I haven't seen all the way through that might be worth looking into is Ano Natsu. Its made by the same company(?) that produced Ano Hana and from what I can gather so far after watching the first 4 episodes is that the focus is on how the main characters relationships with each other grow. It's certainly on the more mature side of SoL in my opinion.

Ano Natsu de Matteru? There's a lot of comedy in that one if I recall, and the heroine is an alien lol. Pretty good. I fell in love with the nudist *^*

Ano Natsu de Matteru? There's a lot of comedy in that one if I recall, and the heroine is an alien lol. Pretty good. I fell in love with the nudist *^*

this anime is pretty choice. more drama than i'm generally a fan of, but the condom scene touched my heart.