Visual Novel Reader Problem

Aseret

Hi there, 

I'm using VNR (Visual Novel Reader)'s community contributed subtitles/danmaku in order to play the game Black Wolves Saga. 

I'm having no problems and able to see the subs fine. HOWEVER, some lines from the characters simply do not show up - despite them being translated in the system. 

For instance, in the prologue of the game, the moment Guillan appears and starts talking, there are no subs for his lines. Then there are subs for the descriptions following. And this repeats with Arles have selective lines that are not subbed thereafter. 

When I looked into VNR by going to menu --> subtitle editor. And here it shows all the translations in these long boxes, including the missing translated lines (but it's hard to keep going back to that for every line lol). The subs are definitely in the system, they're just selectively not showing up. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd really appreciate it, thank you!!

Suggestion: Use a different text hooker and translation (unlike ITH and ITHVNR, it is difficult to utilize multiple text threads in VNR, so it likely isn't picking up all the lines)

Second Suggestion: There might not be subtitles for all lines in the first place (I don't use the 'translations', so I honestly don't know)

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

Suggestion: Use a different text hooker and translation (unlike ITH and ITHVNR, it is difficult to utilize multiple text threads in VNR, so it likely isn't picking up all the lines)

Second Suggestion: There might not be subtitles for all lines in the first place (I don't use the 'translations', so I honestly don't know)

It's actual translations by real (and wonderful) people - not the machine generated translations. VNR enables people to translate games themselves by inputting subtitles to the line. All the lines in this prologue are translated (and I can see that when I go the subtitle editor menu which opens a new window - with each person-translated line in boxes). However, it's tedious to go back and forth to this box for each line, just so I can see each line's translation.  

TL;DR Basically, the lines are subtitled (not machine-translated, so VNR is the only one that has these real subtitles). It's just that VNR is not showing selective translated lines that have already been submitted and encoded within its system. LOL I honestly don't know why VNR is doing this

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this was posted AGES ago but I don'y supposed either of you figured out what was going on? I just started subbing a visual novel and I'm having the same issue. My subs are fine for the prologue but as soon as the first choice comes up, some subs decide they don't wanna show up, despite the fact that they show up when I go into the Subtitle Editor section.