Dark Themed VN's

xGreyHound

Well, depending on what you mean by "dark", things may vary. From what I'd consider dark, you could check out any of these three: Kikokugai , Hanachirasu and Saya no Uta (each of these probably take around 8-10 hours of reading). Something that's dark in a more wider sense (dark due to being sad, tragic and not containing that many positive moments) you have The House in Fata Morgana, which is basically a set of greek tragedies one after the other and its also a longer VN (around 35 hours of reading). It doesn't feature gore in visual terms for the most part, but in some of the stories it can have some pretty gruesome scenes.

I have no idea what you are talking about Asonn :sachi:

Well, there sadly isn't many translated games like these, so if you can't read Japanese, I don't have a very long list. Untranslated games that are pretty great though:

Nikuniku (Lots of guro, but the game also has a pretty nice story.)

Tokage no Shippo Kiri (A strange, but fantastic game if you like dark themed stuff. A really good and mind bending psychological game.)

Maggot Baits (Crazy as hell. Good story, lots of gore. A little longer than the previous ones, and also harder to read, but probably one of the better games in this genre.)

Ryakudatsusha no Inen (Playing it right now, so I'm not 100% done yet, but so far it hasn't been as dark as the previous games. Still, it has plenty of gore, and some fantastic art.)

Guro Dere (Absolutely absurd game, but it's hilarious. Humoristic guro, doesn't get much better than that, lol.)

Rettou Kan (Straight up guro nukige. If you just want dark H content, this is literally the best thing ever. If you need a story connected to it, and not just brutal H content, stay the hell away from this.)

Sukui no Serenade (From the makers of Nikuniku. It's a seriously twisted game, though I haven't played it all yet, so I can't say too much about it atm. It seems great though.)

Dasaku and a few other games from Cyclet also have lots of gore, though I haven't played those yet, so I can't comment on whether they are good or not at the moment.

If you want purely translated games, the people above already mentioned some. You also have Euphoria, which has some gore, though it's rather minimal compared to the stuff I have mentioned so far. There is also Dustmania, though that is simply a short guro nukige. No real merrit beyond gory H scenes.

If it was just dark themes, I could name about fifty VNs, but you wanted death/violence/guro...

Midori no Umi (Depends on the path, but can be pretty horrifying... anything by this company is going to be dark though)

End Sleep (seriously recommend this one as a murder mystery...)

The Secret Game series (survival battle royale)

Nanairo Reincarnation and Akeiro Kaikitan (though a lot of these games are comedic or simply melancholic, they have a few major guro moments)

Tokyo Necro (extremely high reading difficulty, but it has some serious guro moments due to the zombie thing)

Higurashi maybe, because it was quite well known that there will be murder after some light hearted scenes albeit not quite graphic (The writer was same as Umineko for more info). Speaking about Kara no Shoujo, may as well recommend Pianissimo there from same company (Innocent Grey). Other than my recommendations, I think all of the recommendations above were good enough imo. Oh, and perhaps you could try MYTH as well. Have fun.

21 hours ago, Benji Price said:

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

6 hours ago, Okarin said:

Euphoria

20 hours ago, InvictusCobra said:

All good and English translated choices.

As far as untranslated stuff goes, pretty much any denpa game is going to have a lot of gore in it. JisatsuSubaHibiKusarihime, and Sayonara o Oshiete are some of the most highly-regarded ones. Dasaku looks interesting as well.