How long is Tsukihime?

xGreyHound

I recently read Tsukihime and I'd say most routes span around 10 days (give or take 1 or 2). As for the duration of each one, of the existing 5, I'd say the average would be 6-7 hours of reading ( though my friends tell me I tend to read a bit faster than them).  Nevertheless, they are not very long and if you spend most of the day reading them, I'd say you could wrap up the VN in about 2 days (with university assignments to make and classes to attend, it took me about 5 days).

9 minutes ago, InvictusCobra said:

I recently read Tsukihime and I'd say most routes span around 10 days (give or take 1 or 2). As for the duration of each one, of the existing 5, I'd say the average would be 6-7 hours of reading ( though my friends tell me I tend to read a bit faster than them).  Nevertheless, they are not very long and if you spend most of the day reading them, I'd say you could wrap up the VN in about 2 days (with university assignments to make and classes to attend, it took me about 5 days).

It just feels really short. 

Just now, xGreyHound said:

It just feels really short. 

Because it technically is, when compared to most Type-Moon works. Keep in mind that it was the group's first official release (don't quote me on that, as I'm not actually sure) and they did want to make an extra route and round out the game with 6 routes (a Yumizuka Satsuki route, to be precise), however they had to scrap it due to them needing to have Tsukihime finished by the next Comiket.  Given that it was their debut, I assume they did not have that many resources at their disposal and as such, the game is much shorter than F/SN. It features only a few unique CGs per route, has 10 music tracks total and no voices. Try not to look at it as a product like F/SN, but as a product made by an "indie amateur" team :) 

1 minute ago, InvictusCobra said:

Because it technically is, when compared to most Type-Moon works. Keep in mind that it was the group's first official release (don't quote me on that, as I'm not actually sure) and they did want to make an extra route and round out the game with 6 routes (a Yumizuka Satsuki route, to be precise), however they had to scrap it due to them needing to have Tsukihime finished by the next Comiket.  Given that it was their debut, I assume they did not have that many resources at their disposal and as such, the game is much shorter than F/SN. It features only a few unique CGs per route, has 10 music tracks total and no voices. Try not to look at it as a product like F/SN, but as a product made by an "indie amateur" team :) 

It's a masterpiece none the less, Rebirth will hopefully be F/SN length I hope. I just like my stories longer, especially RPG games but that is off topic. And I think Tsukihime is their first work. :P

BTW, what are the other Nasuverse VN's? If you happen to know.

Well, in terms of release order you have Tsukihime, the Tsukihime PLUS fandisc, Kagetsu Tooya (haven't read that one, but I think it's an ensemble of different scenarios, with some being side stories and others forming somewhat of a sequel to Tsukihime), Melty Blood (a fighting game with a story mode in VN format) although the newer iterations have relinquished the VN format for a simple "arcade mode" more typical to fighting games, then F/SN, then Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (haven't read that one yet, but I'm told it's a sort of mix between alternate universe and sequel to Fate/Stay Night). Then comes Mahoustukai no Yoru, the origin tale of Aoko Aozaki (Shiki's "Sensei" from Tsukihime; haven't read it and it is not fully translated as far as I know).  Other than that, you have the two Fate/Extra games (they're spinoffs that can be classified as a "Persona clone with Fate clothing"), but the second one isn't translated and they're PSP games. Then there's Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Apocrypha and all those non Visual Novel series (besides Zero, I've only seen Carnival Phantasm so I can't really comment on those).

For more detailed info, there's always the VNDB page:P

1 hour ago, InvictusCobra said:

Well, in terms of release order you have Tsukihime, the Tsukihime PLUS fandisc, Kagetsu Tooya (haven't read that one, but I think it's an ensemble of different scenarios, with some being side stories and others forming somewhat of a sequel to Tsukihime), Melty Blood (a fighting game with a story mode in VN format) although the newer iterations have relinquished the VN format for a simple "arcade mode" more typical to fighting games, then F/SN, then Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (haven't read that one yet, but I'm told it's a sort of mix between alternate universe and sequel to Fate/Stay Night). Then comes Mahoustukai no Yoru, the origin tale of Aoko Aozaki (Shiki's "Sensei" from Tsukihime; haven't read it and it is not fully translated as far as I know).  Other than that, you have the two Fate/Extra games (they're spinoffs that can be classified as a "Persona clone with Fate clothing"), but the second one isn't translated and they're PSP games. Then there's Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/Apocrypha and all those non Visual Novel series (besides Zero, I've only seen Carnival Phantasm so I can't really comment on those).

For more detailed info, there's always the VNDB page:P

Alright thanks again