Jump to content

The fantastic ChuSingura46+1 is getting a well deserved sequel... in Japan


Recommended Posts

Hmm, not sure what to think about this. What else can a sequel do? They already finished the story, just inventing a new threat in the same time is a pretty "eh" basis for making a game like this, one which was entirely driven by its carefully-woven story. The fandisc is just a piece of crap, so excluding whatever one line of "story" that had in it. If it ends up like the fandisc and not the original I'll be so disappointed. One of the best things about the original was the lack of sex scenes, so they didn't really get in the way or get forced in and fuck up the characters or the story. The fandisc was nothing *but* that.

I guess time will tell. Plix don't fuck it up inre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelebek1 said:

Hmm, not sure what to think about this. What else can a sequel do? They already finished the story, just inventing a new threat in the same time is a pretty "eh" basis for making a game like this, one which was entirely driven by its carefully-woven story. The fandisc is just a piece of crap, so excluding whatever one line of "story" that had in it. If it ends up like the fandisc and not the original I'll be so disappointed. One of the best things about the original was the lack of sex scenes, so they didn't really get in the way or get forced in and fuck up the characters or the story. The fandisc was nothing *but* that.

I guess time will tell. Plix don't fuck it up inre.

Wait, it's placed during the Bakumatsu (the civil war immediately before the Meiji restoration), it should have completely new characters.

Edited by WinterfuryZX
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Wait, it's placed during the Bakumatsu (the civil war immediately before the Meiji restoration), it should have completely new characters.

Yeah, I see that now. Many of the characters in the image looked like old ones, but on closer inspection I guess they are different. OP said it was a sequel, but doesn't look like it if it was set in an earlier time and all the characters are different. Only thing that could remain the same is the MC in that case, but I don't think that'd work too well. I thought the MC was pretty good in Chuushingura though, wasn't a massive idiot not thinking, or a completely pointless weakling, which make up the majority of MCs in settings like this I find. Again, just hope they don't screw things up and make it too different to the original, cause the original was great. More of that in a different setting, yes pls.

A new Koihime Musou, a new Chuushingura and Eushully's game in 2017, I'm going to be busy.

Edited by Kelebek1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kelebek1 said:

Yeah, I see that now. Many of the characters in the image looked like old ones, but on closer inspection I guess they are different. OP said it was a sequel, but doesn't look like it if it was set in an earlier time and all the characters are different. Only thing that could remain the same is the MC in that case, but I don't think that'd work too well. I thought the MC was pretty good in Chuushingura though, wasn't a massive idiot not thinking, or a completely pointless weakling, which make up the majority of MCs in settings like this I find. Again, just hope they don't screw things up and make it too different to the original, cause the original was great. More of that in a different setting, yes pls.

A new Koihime Musou, a new Chuushingura and Eushully's game in 2017, I'm going to be busy.

It looks like it is focused on the Shinsengumi... the most romanticized group of the Bakumatsu era immediately before the Meiji Restoration (the event where the Tokugawa Shogunate handed political power back to the Emperor, the clans gave up their authority, and the han system was disassembled).  The three most romanticized eras in Japanese historical fantasy are the Sengoku era (late fifteenth to early seventeenth centuries), the Edo period (end of the Sengoku era to the mid-nineteenth century), and the Bakumatsu period (the era of social and political unrest immediately prior to the Meiji Restoration in the mid 1860's, in which Shogunate loyalists, anti-foreign han, Imperial nationalists, and a dozen other ideological factions eventually formed two opposing factions and started a civil war between the Shogunate and those desiring a restoration of Imperial authority). 

Chusingura is based in the Edo Period, as an example... whereas the Sengoku Hime and Sengoku Koihime series are based in the Sengoku Era.  Hakuoki and Kikan Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier are based in the Bakumatsu era, both of them focusing on the Shinsengumi (albeit with fantasy elements).  Most jidaigeki Japanese TV dramas are based in the Edo period, incidentally. 

Anyway, the Chusingura FD (Bushi no Kodou) covers that year that is sort of glossed over in the final route of the original game.  It also provides extended endings for several characters and an extra ending for another.  Based on what I saw, I can't see them reusing the Chusingura protag for the new game, considering what happened in the FD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clephas said:

It looks like it is focused on the Shinsengumi... the most romanticized group of the Bakumatsu era immediately before the Meiji Restoration (the event where the Tokugawa Shogunate handed political power back to the Emperor, the clans gave up their authority, and the han system was disassembled).  The three most romanticized eras in Japanese historical fantasy are the Sengoku era (late fifteenth to early seventeenth centuries), the Edo period (end of the Sengoku era to the mid-nineteenth century), and the Bakumatsu period (the era of social and political unrest immediately prior to the Meiji Restoration in the mid 1860's, in which Shogunate loyalists, anti-foreign han, Imperial nationalists, and a dozen other ideological factions eventually formed two opposing factions and started a civil war between the Shogunate and those desiring a restoration of Imperial authority). 

Chusingura is based in the Edo Period, as an example... whereas the Sengoku Hime and Sengoku Koihime series are based in the Sengoku Era.  Hakuoki and Kikan Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier are based in the Bakumatsu era, both of them focusing on the Shinsengumi (albeit with fantasy elements).  Most jidaigeki Japanese TV dramas are based in the Edo period, incidentally. 

Anyway, the Chusingura FD (Bushi no Kodou) covers that year that is sort of glossed over in the final route of the original game.  It also provides extended endings for several characters and an extra ending for another.  Based on what I saw, I can't see them reusing the Chusingura protag for the new game, considering what happened in the FD.

Yeah really hoping for the next one not to have Suguha as the MC.

His story after all can be considered as 'over' with how things going on in the FD, heck, its one of the major point in FD so would be kinda weird if they decide to reuse him

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jade said:

Yeah really hoping for the next one not to have Suguha as the MC.

His story after all can be considered as 'over' with how things going on in the FD, heck, its one of the major point in FD so would be kinda weird if they decide to reuse him

Suguha's story was completed in the FD, so it would be in serious bad taste to bring him back for another round... but who can tell with otaku media?

Edit: Understand, I'm fond of historical fantasy... but a large part of Chusingura's impact for me came from the degree to which Suguha's character evolved along the way.  Thus, it is in serious bad taste to even consider resurrecting him for a new story, since he's lost most of the immaturity that made his personal side of the story so interesting...

Edited by Clephas
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Suguha's story was completed in the FD, so it would be in serious bad taste to bring him back for another round... but who can tell with otaku media?

Edit: Understand, I'm fond of historical fantasy... but a large part of Chusingura's impact for me came from the degree to which Suguha's character evolved along the way.  Thus, it is in serious bad taste to even consider resurrecting him for a new story, since he's lost most of the immaturity that made his personal side of the story so interesting...

SO TRUE.

It's really amazing to see how Suguha character develop route by route not only in personality but also in skill.

In fact Suguha is one of the reason why ChuSinGura is so wonderful imo. I completely agree that bringing him in in this new VN would ruin it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, having played both CSG and BnK I don't see how this will be a sequel to the CSG franchise.

Unless they go full retard we hopefully won't have to see the old Suguha or the other CSG chars play a significant role in this game.

 

Of course we know how the four main Shinsengumi look because of BnK, but that's it.

There's nothing really spoiled because of BnK either as Japanese know those Samurai stories anyways.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelebek1 said:

Can someone post the story of the fandisc? I tried, but I can't get through that crap. Would like to know what actually happened since everyone here is mentioning it.

 

Sure.

 

Spoiler

After the events of the main game the chars start living on some island.

Suguha needs to produce a heir so his line doesnt go extinct, also he needs to go back to the future (tm) to not fuck up space-time

He's undecisive, so all the side chars have sex with him in order to get pregnant

In-between that you get told what happened during the one-year hole before the final showdown in CSG

 

You went to the Shinsengumi Era because you fucked up space time by having the CSG survive and such things

Basically you have to protect Katsura Kogorou from being killed by the Shinsengumi, so history goes as it should

In the end you, Kuranosuke, Yasubee and Fuwa fight Hijikata, Kondou, Okita and Saitou from the Shinsengumi teaching them some life lesson etc.

 

Then you need to chose Yasubee, Emoshichi, Kuranosuke, Chikara or Ichigaku

You go to your world with them for one day, visit some places, have sex, she goes back

The girl gets pregnant, your line is saved, everyone continues living happily in the Edo-Era, except you go back to your time.

 

There are also two Bonus Scenarios:

One tells the story of the person who cuts off Yasubee's head after she commits Sudoku

In the other you dont get killed by Shinpachi during ch3, she bears your child, you go back.

If you are a fan of Shinpachi you should definitely play her story.

 

 

 

Edited by Ningen
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nier said:

What are the chances of ever getting the Fandisc in english?

Well, Nextninja only did the English version after they already did a mobile port of the Jap Game.

And there is no mobile port of Bushi no Kodou...

 

Also the game has more sex scenes than the original game.

Though most of them probably aren't as crucial to the story as the ones in CSG and Nextninja had no problem cutting everything in CSG :Kappa:

It may be called a fandisc, but I still clocked over 40h in Bushi no Kodou, so even a cut version should still be long enough.

 

In the end it probably depends on how well the English version of CSG sold.

No idea on those numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ningen said:

 

Sure.

 

  Hide contents

After the events of the main game the chars start living on some island.

Suguha needs to produce a heir so his line doesnt go extinct, also he needs to go back to the future (tm) to not fuck up space-time

He's undecisive, so all the side chars have sex with him in order to get pregnant

In-between that you get told what happened during the one-year hole before the final showdown in CSG

 

You went to the Shinsengumi Era because you fucked up space time by having the CSG survive and such things

Basically you have to protect Katsura Kogorou from being killed by the Shinsengumi, so history goes as it should

In the end you, Kuranosuke, Yasubee and Fuwa fight Hijikata, Kondou, Okita and Saitou from the Shinsengumi teaching them some life lesson etc.

 

Then you need to chose Yasubee, Emoshichi, Kuranosuke, Chikara or Ichigaku

You go to your world with them for one day, visit some places, have sex, she goes back

The girl gets pregnant, your line is saved, everyone continues living happily in the Edo-Era, except you go back to your time.

 

There are also two Bonus Scenarios:

One tells the story of the person who cuts off Yasubee's head after she commits Sudoku

In the other you dont get killed by Shinpachi during ch3, she bears your child, you go back.

If you are a fan of Shinpachi you should definitely play her story.

 

 

 

Thanks. I don't really like Shinpachi so not very interesting in that. >:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, according to Steamspy a lot of people have the game.  But since the pay portions were released as DLC add-ons to the base game, there's no way at all of seeing how many people actually shelled out money for the game.  Let's assume the real figure is quarter of Steamspy's estimate, and further assume ten percent of that number paid for the DLC.  That works out to about five thousand copies.  What's that mean?  How accurate is that guesstimate?  No way to tell for sure.  But there's a decent chance the game sold reasonably well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Well, according to Steamspy a lot of people have the game.

That's because as soon as people downloaded free chapter 1 it adds ChuSingura46+1 in their Steam library irregardless of whether or not people actually later on go on to purchase the paying Chapter 2-5 which are sold as DLC.

Edited by Nier
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Nier said:

That's because as soon as people downloaded free chapter 1 it adds ChuSingura46+1 in their Steam library irregardless of whether or not people actually later on go on to purchase the paying Chapter 2-5 which are sold as DLC.

Which is literally what I just said?  My point was that we have no way of knowing for sure how many people paid for it, but it's not unreasonable a relatively large number (by VN standards) of people might have paid for at least some of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nandemonai said:

Which is literally what I just said?  My point was that we have no way of knowing for sure how many people paid for it, but it's not unreasonable a relatively large number (by VN standards) of people might have paid for at least some of the game.

I don't think so, people like free stuff and since it didn't cost them anything to download it they did, now going ahead and paying 36 Bucks for the full games, that's a whole other story. And who exactly this release is catering to? The western VN fandom knows already that the game has cut content and censored text (such as the zoophiliac Shogun of the japanese version becomes an innocent rittre girr in the english version) so most of them won't even touch it and the general public who doesn't care for Visual Novels would rather spend their money on the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield games.

Edited by Nier
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...