Now here's a question.

Naoe

Date A Live and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance are my guilty pleasures because I've enjoyed those very much. I've heard that the latter was very poorly received in the west, and the former was bashed for its mediocre premise with Kurumi being its only saving grace.

And Black Bullet too, though I've only read the light novel. I like it for its dark story and Mr. Joker impersonator Kagetane, but nearly everyone hates it for being an "Attack on Titan ripoff" and lolis.

Edited by KonpekiUmi

2 hours ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Date A Live and Serei Tsukai no Blade Dance are my guilty pleasures because I've enjoyed those very much. I've heard that the latter was very poorly received in the west, and the former was bashed for its mediocre premise with Kurumi being its only saving grace.

And Black Bullet too, though I've only read the light novel. I like it for its dark story and Mr. Joker impersonator Kagetane, but nearly everyone hates it for being an "Attack on Titan ripoff" and lolis.

lolis? i cant believe this how could you hate that? xD Anyway I never seen those animes. maybe ill check them out sometime.

29 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Date A Live and Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance are my guilty pleasures because I've enjoyed those very much. I've heard that the latter was very poorly received in the west, and the former was bashed for its mediocre premise with Kurumi being its only saving grace.

Those three are also favorites of mine, I also enjoyed Charlotte that granted isn't completely hated it still has a shit to of people who think poorly of it.

Yosuga no Sora. There's barely anything wrong with it in my eyes. The drama was never complicated enough for me to feel like it was overdone, the incest was handled very well, they actually incorporate the sex into the plot, and I like how they use the omnibus format to shed light on other arcs, rather than have them not be connected at all. It easily gets an 8/10 from me. 

Edited by pik3rob

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

Kanokon. There are only two kinds of people - those who liked it and those who pretend to hate it with a burning passion :makina:

I'm going to assume that's mostly because of your love of kitsune, but I have to say, out of all ecchi harems I've watched, Kanokon was the only one that I thought was actually decently written (not that I would know), and wasn't just endlessly recycled blueballing gags with girls wanting the mc's D for no reason.

For me, it's Ponyo. I don't know about casual watchers, but I think most serious anime/Miyazaki fans don't like it. I personally think it's the purest example of what's great about his style, and it's my favourite of his films because of that.

Edited by john 'mr. customer' smith

My favorite anime and manga of all times is Fairy Tail, haven't seen others like it.

Also liked a lot Rakudai Kishi no Calvalry, the fighting system was awesome, and the main character has the same name than my favorite Saint Seiya character (Ikki). I pray to all gods that a 2nd season comes soon, since the light novel is pretty advanced).

Also Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance was similar and also liked it.