Tayutama 2 -You're the Only One- on Steam

Veshurik

3 minutes ago, ArgentstR said:

You could check out this twitter thread:

Thanks. Looks like the translation isn't horrible it just NEEDS a native English speaker to run an editing pass over it. Though it might also need a translator to clarify some parts of it as well. If it's cheap enough I might be willing to get it, but by cheap enough I'm talking $5 tops in its current state. I know it a long VN, but I can't justify more than that in its current state. Are English editors really that expensive though? Hell someone who is still in middle school could make this drastically more readable.

57 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

If you're saying the translation is so bad it's not worth paying more than $5 for, and also saying that middle schoolers could do a better job... Why are you saying the translation isn't horrible?

Translation and English editing are 2 different things. The translations for the more part are correct. The real problem here is the English editing. There are just so many problems with it that it detracts from the experience. The biggest issues with them are the characters feel like they have no personality, the sentences are awkward, grammar issues, and conversations don't flow well. By conversation don't flow well look at the below example.

It doesn't feel like they are talking to each other at all. It feels like each line of dialogue was translated without taking the previous line into consideration. This segment even shows all of the other issues I mentioned.

Edited by Codesterz

I think release delayed. Maybe, they listen about problems with TL and decided to improve that? If so, then I'm ready for waiting one more year... Better deserved nice translation, thab bad impressions from the game (when you also can understand things wrong, but that's not problem of scenario, but it can seems). 

Sorry for my English. Hope it's not that bad as demo quality TL.

Edited by Lonely

46 minutes ago, voidpointer said:

What about the 18+ content? Is there no patch available? Are they pulling a moenovel? 

Is there going to be a good translation for Tayutama 2 -You're the only one - ?

The answer is NOッ Insert random meme emoji

EDIT:

Also, if you read the comments of that twitter thread, the patch will:

A) Cost money, and B) Most likely be delayed

13 hours ago, voidpointer said:

What about the 18+ content? Is there no patch available? Are they pulling a moenovel? 

According to the tweet that was posted by Dergonu, I think it'll get the 18+ patch so at least it's better compared to Miagete situation. But it matters not anyway seeing that they just released the sequel without the prequel, and also there's the translation matter. It's up to you though to get it without playing the prequel or not.

The release was delayed due to negative feedback about bad translation quality.

We did it, guys.

=====

Thank you for your attention on Tayutama2 -you’re the only one-ENG ver.

Since the release of the trial version, we’ve received lots of feedback by various methods. We’re so happy that lots of people love the game and anticipate the release. Meanwhile, you guys care about the game, and hope the quality of the game will be higher as it goes on sale. For which, we’ve decided to take more time to improve it.

This is the first English product for us. Due to the lack of the experience, we feel deeply sorry that we can’t satisfy the game’s fans within the expected time. 

Next, according to the Japanese trial version, we’re going to gradually release the improved trial versions, and the length will be longer and longer. By which you can see the process of our improvement work.

Therefore, the official release date will be from 2017December to 2018Q1th.

We appreciate your understanding.

Hope you all Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

See you in 2018.

Best Regards,
HIKARI FIELD