Dies Irae Prefundia now live!

Decay

PHYSICAL COPIES, YES! But what is that "booklet" they are talking about? Is it a "Fanbook"? A "mini Artbook"? A "Light Novel"? A "Manga"?...

On 2016/12/3 at 4:33 AM, Vorathiel said:

Also worth mentioning is a fact, that company behind western release of DI is not Light themselves, but Regista, known from making Root Double (which they released through Sekai). 

On vndb the publisher is listed as "Light" though? https://vndb.org/r47591

On 2016/12/2 at 11:25 PM, Dergonu said:

It certainly does irk me a little bit that we have to wait 3 months for the ero content to be restored, but still...

Muv-Luv Director's Cut Patch took about the same timespan, it takes time to change everything to 720p/768p and incorporate it into the game and stuff.

Edited by Nier

4 hours ago, Ourobro said:

I'm amped about the novel but not at that price tag >.< 

Not sure about you guys, but the 50$ tier seems like a fucking. Good. Deal. Not only that, all of the lower tiers seem to be extremely well balanced. I don't recall a single KS, where you could get a fully translated 60h+ game with full soundtrack included for mere 35 bucks. Add 15 more and you get an actual physical copy. Another 15$ gives you full standard release in physical format (game + ost + booklet). That's just great.

1 minute ago, Narcosis said:

Not sure about you guys, but the 50$ tier seems like a fucking. Good. Deal. Not only that, all of the lower tiers seem to be extremely well balanced. I don't recall a single KS, where you could get a fully translated 60h+ game with full soundtrack included for mere 35 bucks. Add 15 more and you get an actual physical copy. Another 15$ gives you full standard release in physical format (game + ost + booklet). That's just great.

While I agree with your overall point (and I will be backing at at least the $50 or $65 level - although the tapestry looks cool, too), there's no booklet with the $65 tier, unfortunately. Although it's not quite clear what the booklet is in the first place, so maybe it's not a huge loss...?

Just now, Lambda said:

There's no booklet with the $65 tier, unfortunately. Although it's not quite clear what the booklet is in the first place, so maybe it's not a huge loss...?

The booklet is already a part of 45$ tier. 65$ gets you all of that plus a full physical standard edition release.

9 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Yep, usually Physical Game + Physical Soundtrack would go for more than that (100+ USD), the difference would be that they would be bundled in a Collector's Box. (Sharin, Root Double, ChronoClock and such)

4 minutes ago, Lambda said:

While I agree with your overall point (and I will be backing at at least the $50 or $65 level - although the tapestry looks cool, too), there's no booklet with the $65 tier, unfortunately. Although it's not quite clear what the booklet is in the first place, so maybe it's not a huge loss...?

Yep, would definitely be interested in Physical Game + Physical OST + Physical Commemoration Booklet tier, but yeah first we don't even know what it is, plus it might be available as an Add-On during Backerkit.

2 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

The booklet is already a part of 45$ tier. 65$ gets you all of that plus a full physical standard edition release.

Nope, notice the Booklet is NOT available for the 65 USD tier.

Edited by Nier

Just now, Narcosis said:

The way the tiers are laid out is confusing, but from what I'm reading, it goes:

$45 tier -> $50 tier - physical OR $60 tier - booklet. From there, $50 -> $65, then stops. The $60 tier continues to chain and becomes physical again at the $300 tier. The only thing you get physical at $60 was the booklet.

Just now, Nier said:

Yep, usually Physical Game + Physical Soundtrack would go for more than that (100+ USD), the difference would be that they would be bundled in a Collector's Box. (Sharin, Root Double, ChronoClock and such)

Yep, would definitely be interested in Physical Game + Physical OST + Physical Commemoration Booklet tier, but yeah first we don't even know what it is, plus it might be available as an Add-On during Backerkit.

Yeah, if it's interesting enough, I'd definitely appreciate it as an add-on. Honestly, I wish a lot of these rewards would be add-ons. The jump from a $65 physical to a $300 physical is haaarsh.

2 minutes ago, Lambda said:

The way the tiers are laid out is confusing, but from what I'm reading, it goes:

$45 tier -> $50 tier - physical OR $60 tier - booklet. From there, $50 -> $65, then stops. The $60 tier continues to chain and becomes physical again at the $300 tier. The only thing you get physical at $60 was the booklet.

I seen this kind of stuff in Kickstarter before though, but usually there would be some kind of way to only get the missing physical reward through Add-Ons in Backerkit.

3 minutes ago, Lambda said:

Yeah, if it's interesting enough, I'd definitely appreciate it as an add-on. Honestly, I wish a lot of these rewards would be add-ons. The jump from a $65 physical to a $300 physical is haaarsh.

The 300 USD reward tier is basically for EVERYTHING between the 65 USD and 300 USD reward tiers, surely there is a better way to get game + ost + booklet for the people who are only interested in that.

Edited by Nier

6 minutes ago, Lambda said:

It's clearly written:

In additional to the 50$ tier rewards,

Icons below clearly depict you get the game both as digital and physical releases. Unless this will change, we're getting an excellent package at an really affordable price.

4 minutes ago, Nier said:

The 300 USD reward tier is basically for EVERYTHING between the 65 USD and 300 USD reward tiers, surely there is a better way to get game + ost + booklet for the people who are only interested in that.

I'm really tempted to actually fork over cash for this, but 300$ is a bit too much for a one time payment in my case. That is, unless I'm planning to live on hot water and roots for the rest of the month :rubycry:

Edited by Narcosis

Just now, Narcosis said:

It's clearly written:

Icons below clearly depict you get the game both as digital and physical releases. Unless this will change, we're getting an excellent package at an really affordable price.

Yeah, that's where I got the chain from. The game and OST are there, that's not really what I'm saying, which is that the booklet is not. And like I said, I have no idea if the booklet would even be worth the money we'd have to pay to get it - it's just not clear which is another thing I think they could clear up a little bit. I'm very positive that it's a really good price, and I'm definitely backing at at least the $65 tier (because the music in Dies Irae is super my thing).

12 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

It's clearly written:

He's talking about how the Commemoration Booklet is not available together with the physical game and physical OST before the 300 USD reward tier.

Might be available later on stand-alone during Backerkit through Add-Ons though, who knows? It's not a big deal though, we don't even know what that booklet is and beside the most important things for me are the physical game and physical OST which are both available for only 65 USD (together with the digital game and OST, this way I can play the digital copy of the game when it releases without waiting months/years for the physical version and keep my physical copy "minty fresh" as Sekai Project would say for whenever I receive it).

Edited by Nier

30 minutes ago, Nier said:

Muv-Luv Director's Cut Patch took about the same timespan, it takes time to change everything to 720p/768p and incorporate it into the game and stuff.

Certainly. I doubt there is anything they can do to make it any faster, so we just have to deal with that tbh. Just the fact that the patch is coming is fantastic. Sure, in a perfect world we'd get it instantly, but having to wait an extra 3 months to be able to enjoy Dies Irae in it's absolute 100% complete form is totally worth it to me.

It will be hard avoiding spoilers for 3 months though, while others read the all-ages version and we're still waiting. It's like trying not to learn the final score of a football game you taped to watch later. Everyone will talk about it, especially such a big game like this. Might have to dig a hole in the yard and hide in there for those 3 months.

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Certainly. I doubt there is anything they can do to make it any faster, so we just have to deal with that tbh. Just the fact that the patch is coming is fantastic. Sure, in a perfect world we'd get it instantly, but having to wait an extra 3 months to be able to enjoy Dies Irae in it's absolute 100% complete form is totally worth it to me.

It will be hard avoiding spoilers for 3 months though, while others read the all-ages version and we're still waiting. It's like trying not to learn the final score of a football game you taped to watch later. Everyone will talk about it, especially such a big game like this. Might have to dig a hole in the yard and hide in there for those 3 months.

Uh? Can't you read japanese? If you were interested in the game, you could have been able to play the japanese version already?

10 minutes ago, Nier said:

He's talking about how the Commemoration Booklet is not available together with the physical game and physical OST before the 300 USD reward tier.

Ah, right. My bad, the 65$ tier excludes the booklet. That's a pity. Unless you go for 80$ tier, it's there along with the physical release.

Actually, those tiers are set up slightly funilly up till 300$, which is the whole physical package (Collector's Edition, propably). Not sure if it's possible, but I hope they will slightly adjust the lower tiers, or add a package without the badges and straps but full standard release (game + OST + booklet + nice box to display on a shelf). I think a lot of people would agree with that. Badges are cool, but more would propably prefer the whole standard physical release at a more affordable price.

Edited by Narcosis

3 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Ah, right. My bad, the 65$ tier excludes the booklet. That's a pity. Unless you go for 80$ tier, it's there along with the physical release.

Nope, the 65 USD reward tier is exclusive to the 65 USD tier, the only way to get physical game + physical OST is either 65 USD or 300 USD or more, the 80 USD reward tier includes the 60 USD reward tier not the 65 USD reward tier.

Edited by Nier

3 minutes ago, Nier said:

Nope, the 65 USD reward tier is exclusive to the 65 USD tier, the only way to get physical game + physical OST is either 65 USD or 300 USD, the 80 USD reward tier includes the 60 USD reward tier not the 65 USD reward tier.

You're right again, lol. I didn't saw the arrows over the cd icons. So we're getting a full digital download, a booklet and badges? Is this booklet physical or digital? Makes no sense to include a digital download with additional, physical goodies :amane:

Would be nice if @Conjueror could pop in here and disperse some of the misconceptions.

Edited by Narcosis

12 minutes ago, Nier said:

Might be available later on stand-alone during Backerkit through Add-Ons though, who knows? It's not a big deal though, we don't even know what that booklet is and beside the most important things for me are the physical game and physical OST which are both available for only 65 USD (together with the digital game and OST, this way I can play the digital copy of the game when it releases without waiting months/years for the physical version and keep my physical copy "minty fresh" as Sekai Project would say for whenever I receive it).

"He"... Anyway, I agree that the digital copy would be good. Frankly, didn't really care with Muv Luv (gave it to my brother, cause I'm awful as a collector type anyway), but if it actually lets me play the game without getting those Grisaia wait times, I'm quite happy. I'm hoping that that tapestry doesn't change designs too drastically, and that it's available as an add-on. It's the main thing I'm eyeing right now.

I think that's the main thing they could do right now, though: just clarify what some of these things in the tiers/add-ons are and how they'd look. And what date they're planning on starting the actual kickstarter. The perfundia is creating some hype in me, lol.

14 minutes ago, Nier said:

Uh? Can't you read japanese? If you were interested in the game, you could have been able to play the japanese version already?

I can read Japanese, but I certainly can't read Dies at a comfortable pace yet. I read the prologue, and although I understood it somewhat, I didn't feel like I appriciated it, if that makes sense. 

Like Conjueror said, you really shouldn't read it until you are at the N1 level. 

4 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I can read Japanese, but I certainly can't read Dies at a comfortable pace yet. I read the prologue, and although I understood it somewhat, I didn't feel like I appriciated it, if that makes sense. 

Like Conjueror said, you really shouldn't read it until you are at the N1 level. 

Just don't. No one should ever try reading Dies or any other works from Masada, until he's proficient with japanese. You're doing yourself a great disservice otherwise.

I myself decided I'd rather wait and hope for an english release, than try reading it in japanese. This dream came true and I'm even getting the best translation possible I could ever get. I still can't believe it :tears:

Edited by Narcosis

The PS Vita version stretch goal is for the a digital version only for anyone wondering/who didn't notice, the PC version will be DRM-free.

Q: How will the censorship in the original ~Amantes amentes~ version unrelated to ero content be handled for the English version? Will the text censorship be reverted as well?

A: The censorship from ~Amantes amentes~ unrelated to ero content will be reverted to the way it was in Acta est Fabula (the 18+ version). Censored text will be reverted to the way it was in Acta est Fabula as well (however, all these restorations will have to fall in line with Steam's policies).

Scenes of explicit violence that were altered in the original Japanese version of ~Amantes amentes~ will be fully uncensored. Such CGs will appear as the creators originally intended them.

THANK GOD.

Edited by Nier

:kosame: :kosame: :kosame:  HYYYYYYPEEEEEEE!!!  :kosame: :kosame: :kosame:

Finally me most dearly awaited Visual Novel is getting translated.
What's more, both the translation team and the campaign is superb. I almost can't believe that it's actually happening.
God 5 months seem so far all of a sudden.

Dividing the game into 2 parts to make it more accessible on steam seems as a good idea to me as they plan to release both parts together anyway. 
If I had to try to find something to nitpick then it would only be the 3-month late release of 18+ patch. Those 3 months will a real test of my patience. I can already see my future self being tempted by all the DI spoiler tags floating around the forums.