Dies Irae Prefundia now live!

Decay

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/project-to-lead-dies-irae-to-the-atziluth/11416/

kW0QP18.jpg

Some bullet points:

• $160,000 initial goal.
  • $500,000 for a new story.
  • A split release, with both parts releasing May 2017. 
  • 18+ patch confirmed, will release 3 months later.
  • Non-sexual content censored in the JP version of Amantes amantes will be restored.
  • Both 16:9 and 4:3 versions will be available for people who dislike cropping. 16:9 version will have CG panning.
  • Will be uprezzed to 720p/768p
  • Translation team includes Conjueror, Garejei (the Tokyo Babel/Himawari duo), ReadingSteiner (Steins;Gate, Nympho Sensei Ryoko fame), and GundamAce (Root Double and I thought also Steins;Gate but it's not mentioned on the prefundia).

It seems like they're addressing pretty much all of the major concerns right out of the gate. I'm sure some people will be disappointed by the delayed 18+ patch, but well, that seems to be how things are these days.

Edited by Decay

So it's finally official and confirmed that Conjueror, Reading Steiner and Gundam Ace are the translators. I didn't expect Gundam Ace to be part of the translation team and Gare to be just an editor though.

Great that they support both 16:9 and uncropped 4:3 - that's the way to go!

Edited by ChaosRaven

First impressions: they've done an amazing job at addressing any questions/concerns I could've had with the project. From the resolution changes to the restoration of non-ero censorship, even the minor details are touched upon.

I just hope they're prepared to get the word out as much as possible. I feel like $160,000 can be a challenging goal these days, even with the hype surrounding Dies irae. This prefundia has done a lot to clear up some confusion, but they still have to overcome the fact that this project was completely shrouded in mystery up to this point.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I wish them luck and am quite pleased that I can back this without any qualms.

It certainly does irk me a little bit that we have to wait 3 months for the ero content to be restored, but still... holy crap, such hype!!! Between the TL team, the awesome looking campaign and the fact that they have already answered and handled basically all of our concerns... this is going to be pretty freaking great.

Screw it! Who needs food, I have to save up for this!!! :pyaa:

Kasumi > Kei > Marie > Rea is the recommended order as far as I remember. The 2 parts release changing Kei and Marie feels kinda weird but I might be wrong here. Still, the whole thing seems pretty solid I believe? Both the team and the campaign are looking good so I'm positive the kickstarter will be a success. 

Shotout to @Conjueror, I'm really happy that you got to work on your #1 goal. :sacchan:

Well, this is good news. At least, I'm glad I don't need to study Japanese for the next 20 years to be able to read this anymore.

55 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Such a same that the game itself falls so out of my area of interest :(

Looking at the VNDB page, it also doesn't appeal much to me, but I've heard of the hype surrounding this title... so I can't help but look forward to it anyway.

So it finally gets translated.

I'm claiming all the salt and tears people will spill when they notice that dies irae is not "The worlds greatest masterpiece and the peak of human creation" and come to accept that in the end it is just a shiny chuuni with nazis and complicated sounding prose.

Might still be interesting for a german to see how japan glorifies NS Germany.

3 hours ago, Decay said:

It seems like they're addressing pretty much all of the major concerns right out of the gate.

This looks like 'the perfect kickstarter'. I have absolutely nothing to complain, they covered all bases. I'm impressed. Even the splicing in two parts is not a bother, since they are aiming at releasing them both in may. Bravo.

Holy shiiiiiit.  I assumed there wouldn't even be an 18+ patch.  Thanks, based Light.  This makes me very, very VERY happy.

With the addition of no crop option, the removal of non-ero censorship, and the confirmation of Conjueror and Gare being on the TL team, I have no further questions.  I will definitely be backing this Kickstarter, and at least be getting a physical copy.

I'm pretty fucking reserved when it comes to VN crowdfunding, but Jesus does this one looks like it knows what it is doing. Throw in Reading Steiner and I might have to squeeze a few drops out of my dry bank account. 

The delay on the 18+ patch doesn't bother me as long as I know it is a definite priority.

3 hours ago, Ourobro said:

I'm amped about the novel but not at that price tag >.< 

You're not willing to pay $30-35 for a professionally made and translated VN that will give you over 50 (probably closer to 60) hours of content?  That's not even mentioning how acclaimed it is among Japanese VN readers.

Like, I'd get it if you said you didn't like chuuni, but that's weird.  That's cheap for a visual novel.  Most of them cost $40 here, and they cost around the equivalent of $80-120+ in Japanese yen.

The goals they have in mind for the Kickstarter are a bit high.  Maybe that's what he meant?  That's literally the only concern that I have at the moment.  I was honestly not even expecting the 18+ content; after all, that means they're creating an all-new version of the game, basically, just for Western release.  Also, it releasing in May is ... not something I expected at all.  (Obviously that means the translation is done, or almost done, meaning they only need to wait for all the changes on the Japanese side to be implemented.)

When do they plan on launching the Kickstarter for real?  How long are Prefundiae usually open for?

I don't know why you'd refuse to pitch in just because the goals are high. That doesn't sound very rational. You're still personally paying the same amount regardless! And you don't actually pay anything at all if they don't reach their goal, so you're not at risk of losing that money.