Elisa The Innkeeper Enhanced Edition

Ourobro

Hello,

I work Community Management and PR / Marketing at Neoclassic Games.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on our first visual novel Elisa the Innkeeper. If you could comment below on your thoughts of our game on our offical steam community page that would be helpful to better our product!

Also if you could thumbs up our greenlight page that would be appreciated

Elisa: the Innkeeper (Full Release) -- Greenlight 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809707327

About the Game.
Prequel Enhanced Edition
It features a new set of Artworks (completely remastered by our artist Bicio), new features and a huge amount of technical and visual upgrades as well as a new user interface, completely redesigned on the basis of feedback from our players. The game has been also translated to 5 different languages. 
An early version of our Prequel Enhanced Edition is available right NOW for Free! (we published this mega patch and this greenlight page at the same time) 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/472680

Soundtrack
Our soundtrack was made by Youtube composers Adrian von Ziegler and Brunuhville. 

Languages:
The game is going to be available in the following languages. 
English 
Italian 
French 
German 
Russian

Check out our website for more info! 
elisatheinnkeeper.rel.to 

Edited by Ourobro

3 hours ago, Ourobro said:

Is it that Strange?

It is odd.  I have never seen another VN have a season pass.  Most don't have any DLC, except maybe a soundtrack or art book.  Season passes may have a negative connotation with some people as they don't like paying for DLC before it is released.  Since the DLC will be free it's more of an oddity than anything else.

i haven't played it yet as I was waiting for the Enhanced Edition, so I'll probably get to it in a few days.

6 hours ago, Ourobro said:

Is it that Strange?

Yes, it is.  Season Pass is a marketing term that publishers use for a bundle of DLC at a cheaper price than you would pay if you snagged it individually, sold up front with the release of the game.  You get a discount, in exchange for buying the product sight-unseen.

Here, you're calling a bunch of "free DLC" a "season pass", except that $0 for the "season pass" isn't any cheaper than $0 for the free DLC to begin with.

12 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Yes, it is.  Season Pass is a marketing term that publishers use for a bundle of DLC at a cheaper price than you would pay if you snagged it individually, sold up front with the release of the game.  You get a discount, in exchange for buying the product sight-unseen.

Here, you're calling a bunch of "free DLC" a "season pass", except that $0 for the "season pass" isn't any cheaper than $0 for the free DLC to begin with.

Alright I'll change it if it seems confusing to others. 

Edited by Ourobro

Hi Everyone!

We are very sorry if the "Season pass" term usage is confusing!

We just wanted to use a very familiar choice of words to show our intentions, to release free expansive DLC content. I would include these DLC's in our main story but due to development hic up's we are forced to add expansions on a later date.

Now that i think about it our behavior can be easily misunderstood as an attempt to act cool like: "wow we are nobody but let's use Season pass so we can look like one of those big games out there!"

It's just not like it, i can assure that. We decided to use it because it looked like a fast way to incorporate a list of DLCs and stuff.

Thank you very much for your time!

Edited by volomist

• 2 months later...

EDIT: I'm mirroring this on steam forum.

The game is out in early accesx, I'm playing it in Italian and I alteady noticed many grammar errors and typos.

I know it's an early acces release but this was particulary hialrious:

mYseI3D.jpg

"Io no faccio opraio, io regalo castello."

Jcin33a.jpg

"il...

ZWrvLjj.jpg

penultima linea: una - uno

4HFqH5I.jpg

voi è... 

bOTFjcJ.jpg

po

Edited by WinterfuryZX

I liked atmosphere and the art. It's a nice little romantic drama. I just finished one branch.

At first I thought the characters were pretty scummy/vain, but depending what you pick in the options they're pretty sympathizable. The English translation's a little clunky in places, but it seemed to convey things decently enough. One thing that stood out is how the narration is omniscient: it shows thoughts from multiple characters in the same scene. That kind of added to the sense of being an audience, watching from on above. If you like watching a story that's like a play, you'd like this. 

Like I said, I've only finished one branch...

In the UI department, the text skip is painfully slow, and you can't set the text to show without delay. But maybe I can forgive this, since the start game screen is so nice.

ss_16e925aefd7027c4acfbac8c95bfc7a703aa9

Edit: Spotted @Dergonu in the credits O.o. Thanks to him I got to experience the pain of expecting my name to show up and not having it show up (it's a *gasp* higher-tier reward!). Curses!

Edited by Chronopolis

On 2017/2/23 at 0:46 AM, Chronopolis said:

Edit: Spotted @Dergonu in the credits O.o. Thanks to him I got to experience the pain of expecting my name to show up and not having it show up (it's a *gasp* higher-tier reward!). Curses!

A wild Dergonu appeared! :pyaa: 

Yeah, I saw it on kickstarter a while ago and thought it looked like a pretty cool OELVN, so I backed it.