Flyable Hearts fan translation

flyabletrans.png

I wasn't sure how good the translation for flyable hearts was, all I knew was that it had gotten a lot of bad rap on /jp/, that's why I had refrained from distributing it on fuwan.

Anyway, thought I'd post this for anyone who be interested.

It's a fan translation patch for flyable hearts, the hacking is done by REtrans International and one of my favourite games of all time.

http://flyabletrans.byethost32.com/

01_1600_1200.jpg

Going to read this with Translation Aggregator/JParser/MeCab "soonish" So actully this made me sad face. Thought I would read an untranslated VN. Ah well I can't have everything I guess.

REtrans International you think this is a good Vn to start to read with? (I can only read kanji, kana's and understand quite much talking 'audio') Somewhat simple word use?

Ih, wow...

Aaeru started it, Flyable Heart thread :D....

Just like she said, this game is nice beautiful, one of my favourite all the time.

The problem i get is the font is too small (i'm using patch from Retrans International).

And how about Flyable candyheart? Is the transltion has been done by someone?

you mean REtransInternational TL on Flyable Hearts?

well few things I can say is that, he needs a tlchecker,a good editor.

his translation is so-so but needs some fixing....and if you say about /jp/ on Flyable hearts, meh....

anyway is is a quite diff on the Flyable Hearts Trial and the Full one and REtrans did a great job on Flyable Hearts.

REtrans International you think this is a good Vn to start to read with? (I can only read kanji' date=' kana's and understand quite much talking 'audio') Somewhat simple word use?[/quote']We didn't do the translation, but heard from others that it's one of the easier ones.

The text box is a limited size so it was a tight fit getting some of the very-much-longer-than-Japanese lines in there without cutting things off. Fullscreen mode might help if you find it too small. Nothing we know of about FCH but it was on the roadmap at one point. We do have an upcoming release of KNNWSNY that's currently being stalled waiting for some video subs (thinking of just releasing the main translation patch and catching up the rest later. Thoughts?)

Despite the massive criticism no one offered to edit (one did, shortly after release, but was not heard from again.)

Meh idiots are idiots, those who cant appreciate ones effort are bunch of idiots.

As I can see the TL it was made effort and it not like its machine translate.....*sigh*

Well I can provide you one, I have lots of persons I know that can do edits and I can provide a TLCherker or I'll volunteer to be one.

The comparison I already read it.....plus I tried the full patch, trial patch and no english patch so I can tell...

The text box is a limited size so it was a tight fit getting some of the very-much-longer-than-Japanese lines in there without cutting things off. Fullscreen mode might help if you find it too small. Nothing we know of about FCH but it was on the roadmap at one point. We do have an upcoming release of KNNWSNY that's currently being stalled waiting for some video subs (thinking of just releasing the main translation patch and catching up the rest later. Thoughts?)

Heee, i see...

for this case, i'm not using fulscreen mode, i'm using normal mode and use "magnifier tool" from Windows7 (docking mode) in text area. hmm. i cant show the picture cause my flyable heart game is left behind in my hometown. i can't reach it for now...

Actually, i have a lot of question for you. especially for one background that changed after i patched original one with yours. the background is blurred photo, looks like inside of orange-colored hallway. well, i just wonder what is that. (once again, i cant show the picture T_T)...

translation quality is pretty good. not like machine translation at all. good work.

my only sugesstion: change "*** is my favourite child" to "*** is my favourite girl". 'Child' word sounds funny for describing how you like someone...

Heee, i see...

for this case, i'm not using fulscreen mode, i'm using normal mode and use "magnifier tool" from Windows7 (docking mode) in text area. hmm. i cant show the picture cause my flyable heart game is left behind in my hometown. i can't reach it for now...

Actually, i have a lot of question for you. especially for one background that changed after i patched original one with yours. the background is blurred photo, looks like inside of orange-colored hallway. well, i just wonder what is that. (once again, i cant show the picture T_T)...

translation quality is pretty good. not like machine translation at all. good work.

my only sugesstion: change "*** is my favourite child" to "*** is my favourite girl". 'Child' word sounds funny for describing how you like someone...

I think you mean one of the test images, that was there for the early alpha/beta releases and forgot to be removed. You can put this in the install directory to fix that: http://www.mediafire.com/?aeh8f6jcg2odcen

I think you mean one of the test images, that was there for the early alpha/beta releases and forgot to be removed. You can put this in the install directory to fix that:

ahaha~~...

ok, i'll try it... thanks...

Actually, i'm trying to fix it by myself. but... crash and i need to reinstall it T_T...

One more question. why i can't download your MISCFS__.TTF font from your link here. can you fix it so more people can play this beautiful game...

The reason the translation got bad rep isn't only because it's unedited. Its a bloody machine translation. (The original patch also added voice acting for the protagonist.... which was done by a computer.) :lol:

I definitly agree to not distribute it through the main site. I would even add a disclamer that said that the translation is in many cases plain wrong and that people who still choose to read it should do it knowing that.

The reason the translation got bad rep isn't only because it's unedited. Its a bloody machine translation. (The original patch also added voice acting for the protagonist.... which was done by a computer.) :lol:

I definitly agree to not distribute it through the main site. I would even add a disclamer that said that the translation is in many cases plain wrong and that people who still choose to read it should do it knowing that.

Beato there is a great difference between the machine translation patch which is the old one and their current translation patch....

They manage to improve it and made it proper but some errors need to be fix....so all he needs is to clear up the bad rumors and fixing the patch is a prior plus some editors and tlcheckers.

Beato there is a great difference between the machine translation patch which is the old one and their current translation patch....

They manage to improve it and made it proper but some errors need to be fix....so all he needs is to clear up the bad rumors and fixing the patch is a prior plus some editors and tlcheckers.

It doesn't really matter how edited and fixed the patch is. At long as it's based on the original machine translation it's not really a proper translation. That doesn't mean it isn't readable though but in many cases the meaning got completly changed in the machine translation if that has then been used as a basis for this patch those instances can be turned into readable sentences, that means something entirerly different.

Machine translations also miss things like flow and style, really essential things. No matter how many tlcheckers you have you can't get those things back without essentially retranslating the entire thing.

And as I said again I'm not against the translation being distributed through the forums or machine translation being used as a basis for translation I just think it's really important that it's always noted.

(I don't know if this new patch is using a machine translation if it doesn't I apologize, this is my opinion on machine translation in general and not just the Flyable Heart translation).

It doesn't really matter how edited and fixed the patch is. At long as it's based on the original machine translation it's not really a proper translation. That doesn't mean it isn't readable though but in many cases the meaning got completly changed in the machine translation if that has then been used as a basis for this patch those instances can be turned into readable sentences, that means something entirerly different.

Machine translations also miss things like flow and style, really essential things. No matter how many tlcheckers you have you can't get those things back without essentially retranslating the entire thing.

And as I said again I'm not against the translation being distributed through the forums or machine translation being used as a basis for translation I just think it's really important that it's always noted.

(I don't know if this new patch is using a machine translation if it doesn't I apologize, this is my opinion on machine translation in general and not just the Flyable Heart translation).

well the new patch is retranslated and not machine translated....unlike the old patch which is machine translated the current one is properly translated.....

but some parts need to be fix on the current patch they made thats why it needs a tlchecker and and editor...

Font link updated.

Yay, thanks...

For some cases, original translation may be a 'boomerang' for you. I never translating VN, only some movies or anime though. A lot of people said when you translating something and rewrite it, your writing or language style may be giving great influence and sometimes your personal expression doesn't match with other peoples feel. first, read it, feel it, using machine translation, and finally edit the text it is best opinion for me...

well, it's for me...

well the new patch is retranslated and not machine translated....unlike the old patch which is machine translated the current one is properly translated.....

but some parts need to be fix on the current patch they made thats why it needs a tlchecker and and editor...

Agree!!!

well, finally i can reach my home sweet home. it's idul-adha holiday...

maybe this isn't too important. just want to share some pictures. -read my earlier reply-..

reading with magnifier (LOL)

111.jpg

Test image???

112.jpg

After fixed (thanks for retrans)...

113.jpg

And fixed fonts

114.jpg

HE??? appears in main menu. he is'nt even a main character....

eeeee.jpg

I think, Sakurako route is the best. play it first!

c.jpg

Yes, that would be the test image.

Some of the translated lines ended up being quite a bit longer than the original, and any bigger would've made the text disappear out of the text box. If you compare with the original you'll see we've moved the line origin and increased it so it makes use of the entire text box up to the edges.

(Does this board have spoiler tags?)

• 1 year later...

I tried to play Flyable Hearts in English. It crashed, so I looked for the cause and discovered the issue about the font. However, I tried and could not download the fonts required, because now it is all gibberish text. Is this because the links have gone bad or is it because I need some program to download the font properly?

• 3 weeks later...