The Cycle of Magic - A Prelude

demonicbagel

The Cycle of Magic - A Prelude is a free to play Original Visual Novel with a fantasy setting. It was originally meant to be a project submitted to the Summer Novel Festival a year ago, and therefore neither involves money or will surpass a play-length of two hours.

The protagonist is Zevair - a tall, imposing demon male who is the last of his kind after a mass exodus that followed the supposed death of the magical energy that once flowed through the land. Players will follow Zevair on a small, yet integral part of his journey, where he is asked to find the young granddaughter of an old woman who had been attacked by the girl's kidnapper. In the "New World" where Zevair is feared and judged simply for his appearance by the youthful humanity, Zevair will discover that not all is at it seems, for there is a mystery to the girl, and a connection that neither of them dared believe real.

As it stands, the character sprites are complete. There are only three integral characters in the story: Zevair, the girl, and Zevair's mother, who plays a small, yet important part of the story.

e9858c71-5267-4c4b-8630-fd2dfe669765_zps

This is Zevair - the protagonist of this short story. Despite his tall and imposing stature, Zevair is quite a stand-up fellow, and does what he can to help the people he comes across, even if they're never grateful and try to drive him away. Ten years of solitude have eaten away at his spirits, but he continues to drive forward regardless.

aab92988-4487-491c-abdb-5d4930bbe817_zps

This is Zevair's mother - Jezela. She has a superiority complex towards humanity, and considers them to be naught but insects. Very hoity toity and proud, Jezela was once much warmer as a mother than she ended up in the end.

girl_sprite_happy_zpsy7mr0cnq.png

This is the girl who Zevair must rescue. About ten years of age.

The above artwork is done by akkalime. You can see some more of her work HERE

In regards to required assets, I am still in need of an individual willing to work on three to five musical numbers that have an overall genre of mystical fantasy. One song in particular is extra important, and is a lullaby. I already have the melody and lyrics I wish to use, I simply need someone who can bring it to life. Details of the needed assets can be provided upon inquiry.

I am also in need of someone who can make a project logo. It doesn't have to be super amazing, but still be decent for the sake of clarity and fitting the overall feel of the project.

I hope that this project can be completed and brought to those who enjoy visual novels, and I intend to work on a larger project in the future that will continue this world's story. If you think you'd be willing to help bring this story to life, please let me know. As I said before, this is a free, noncommercial project, so I hope to get any assistance possible.

I hope you find this project interesting, and will follow with the production as it comes along, however slowly. Thank you.