ZodiaX VN in Development! 18+[ BxB poss GxB ] UPDATED!

ZodiaX

HQ and Finished Banner Coming Soon!

mhOVMxvI.png

Hello, everyone!

One of our fans mentioned he posted on this site and told me about it and I'm super happy to see how much support FuwaNovel offers for OELVNs!

I suppose I should tell you a bit about the game. ZodiaX is in extremely early development. Currently, the game is targeted towards Yaoi audiences, though when we finally begin a KS, we plan to add a funding goal that, if met, will allow us to use a female character as the main protagonist. Ah also! The banner above is just our first designs of our characters. Already they're all going through changes; just wanted to give you guys a bit of an idea as to our very rough sketches. You can find all of our currently released characters, as well as their bios on our TUMBLR CHARACTER PAGE.

tumblr_inline_oh8cilBpdA1uzumfv_500.png

5X3D4rs.png

FEATURES::
• 12 Romantic Pairings to Choose From!
• 3 Routes for each Character! Some Romantic, some Lust-filled, and some Violent.
• Over 36 Different Endings! Good, Neutral, and Bad for each character.
• High-Def Still CGs!
• CG Gallery & Scene Replay!
• Gorgeous Original Character Models, Backgrounds, and Soundtrack!
• Expansive Decision Making.
• Your Choices Determine Relationship Status, Dialogue, Consequences, and the Outcome of the Main Story! 

We also hope to have partial or full voice acting for the game, but that's something we plan to address when we're closer to release.

PLOT::

Spoiler

ZodiaX is a dark and gritty Visual Novel game that takes place in a world steeped in eldritch horrors. For the last ten years, the world has been corrupted by malignant spirits and beasts, prowling around in the mist-shrouded darkness to prey on anyone who gets close enough. Possession, death, and unending pain have shadowed humanity for the last decade. Cities and towns have taken precautions, but ultimately, no one is safe.

Aster, the main character, inherits the ancient Shrine that’s been in his family for generations. The Shrine of Spiritus has protected the city of Elune from the madness of the outside world, one of the very few spared from the world’s growing darkness. Before his untimely death, Aster’s father erected a spiritual barrier around the city, keeping it safe. But lately, the malevolent spirits known as Voidwalkers have been breaking through the city’s barrier, preying on the people Aster has known all of his life.

What Aster doesn’t know, however, is that in his blood lives the power to control all Zodiacs: twelve beings that have the inherent power to either save or destroy the world completely. And a group of powerful men known only as The Company have been watching Aster carefully, waiting to see if his blood would breed true. For only the Heir of the Shrine can awaken the Zodiacs and harness their abilities…and The Company wants nothing more than to bend him to their will in order to control the Zodiacs and obtain the ultimate power.

Now, without knowledge of who he is or what he can do, Aster meets 12 companions, entirely ignorant that each one of them is a Sign of the Zodiac. He sets out seeking to save the city of Elune, but he gains so much more: love, friendship, knowledge, power, and the ultimate choice. When he’s forced to unite the 12 Zodiacs, will he decide to save the world from the rapidly-spreading fear, pain and chaos the Voidwalkers bring? Or side with The Company, and destroy it in order to start the world over completely?

The Company simply provides a common backstory for each of the routes sits upon; the main focus of ZodiaX will be the bond between the characters, their development, and how Aster grows as a person depending on who he's with. The choices the player makes will influence not only the outcome of each character's route, but also the ending to the Company line as well. With 3 routes per character, absolutely none will be the same. There will be a myriad of unique choices, CGs, and different soundtrack themes for each character.

HPB1vW3.png

Your choices will play an absolutely integral role in the story. This game is a huge undertaking, and as there are over 36 different endings, we want to make each route as different as possible, so there's little to no repetition. We want to keep the replay value high, and offer our players the most interaction possible between characters. There will be an in-game meter that will keep track of your relationship status with each character, whether negative or positive. Each choice you make will cause that meter to rise or fall, depending on said character's preferences and feelings towards Aster. 

ZodiaX will have many different branches, and each character's route will intertwine with one to three others, so that the player gets to see different sides and facets of each character depending on who they choose to pursue. Not only will players make romantic choices, but they'll also be making big decisions that affect the world around them. Do you save a little boy, and let Voidwalkers destroy and kill a family-run shop? Do you sacrifice one of your friends to keep the Barrier up and Elune safe? Do you side with the Company and figure the world needs a reset, or do you simply choose to wash your hands of your hometown and run away with your lover?

With a myriad of different decisions, we want to keep our players as engaged as possible.

TIMEFRAME::

We estimate that making enough content for a demo will take 4 - 6 months, which is when we'lll begin a CrowdFunding campaign, and the full game [ seeing as how huge it is ] should be in early Beta within 12 - 16 months. 

tFAIttr.png

tumblr_inline_ohfmkeQTEm1uzumfv_500.pnglZdO7thH.pngd9yhSLqO.png

NR3kgGID.pngoMrRx1xO.png

rS6rsq7.png

ZodiaX was created by Noxius and Binary. The idea was formed in mid 2015, and they officially began working on the project in August of this year. They both came up with the concept, characters, and story. All art, music, and other media belongs to their respective artists and ZodiaX. We will be needing people to help spread the word, as well as Beta testers to give us feedback.

Character Art:: Noxius
Programmer / Social Media:: Binary
Background Art:: Spocar
Original Soundtrack:: Glitch Nix

Seeing as how I'll be the one doing most of the talking, I'm pleased to meet you all! Feel free to call me Binary or 001.  Right now, we're looking for people to help us spread the word about the game, as well as those familiar with Unity, and people who are interested to do a test-run on our early Alpha when it's available. Obviously, people who help us will be given lots of goodies~

tMAHk08.png

I. Is the art style appealing? As a VN, our game will ride primarily on the quality / style of our work.
II. How do you feel about the story? We get that the whole 'mysterious company' crap has been done before. Cliche? Could it work with a spin? Should we rework that part of the concept entirely?
III. 12 characters. It's a lot. Do you think this is a good or a bad thing? How can we be sure to make each interesting? We plan to put in the same amount of time and effort into each route, but aside from that?
IV. What do you think of the world building / story setting? We want the game to have an eerie feel to it the majority of the time as the Void creeps slowly closer to Elune.
V. Have any general thoughts / questions? We'd be happy to answer and converse with you!

We mostly update everything through our TUMBLR. Links to our Twitter, FB, and Instagram can be found there as well. Currently, we're looking for people to give us their opinions and thoughts on the game, as well as to connect with other indie developers who create OELVNs! We hope to be a huge part of the Fuwa community, and sincerely look forward to it!

-- Binary, Co-Creator / Writer / Programmer

Edited by ZodiaX
Updating.

The general plot sounds somewhat bland. Or rather, I feel like I've heard it a thousand times before. The amount of routes sounds pretty interesting, but I imagine that would only hold true if they were done well, otherwise you're better off sticking to less, but higher quality ones. Anyways, this isn't my cup of tea so i'm probably not going to bother with it unless it turns out to be some masterpiece, but good luck in your endeavors.

16 hours ago, Mugi said:

The general plot sounds somewhat bland. Or rather, I feel like I've heard it a thousand times before. The amount of routes sounds pretty interesting, but I imagine that would only hold true if they were done well, otherwise you're better off sticking to less, but higher quality ones. Anyways, this isn't my cup of tea so i'm probably not going to bother with it unless it turns out to be some masterpiece, but good luck in your endeavors.

Thank you for your input! We're aware of how huge our game is going to be, and do indeed plan to put in the time and quality to make sure each route is the best it can be. I agree a bit about the plot, however we plan to use it as simply a basis for each of the routes to sit on. I appreciate your honest opinion; we'll definitely take it under consideration and see if we can't tweak some things for more originality!