AHH! New Yaoi Game in Development!!

SaevusVeritas

What d'you guys think?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is anyone else as excited as I am? > u <;;;;

• Erhmehgerdddd. Definitely!
    • Too soon to tell~
    • Nah, not really my thing, Sae. Sorry bruh.

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi guys! Total newbie here but happy I found the forums! Obviously been using FuwaNovel for a while buahahah.

ANYWAY!! So I was browsing Tumblr for news on upcoming Yaoi games in English, since we're sorely lacking, and I found one that's gunna be coming out! Apparently it's still in like SUPER early development, but look at this art!!!111!!!1!!

SO ENTICING.         ||           SEXY SADISTIC TWIN COPS OMG

Apparently they like just started their social media sites up last month but it looks AMAZING! Like...they're gunna have twelve -- TWELVE -- possible routes, with 3 endings per character!!

I was just so excited I had to tell people jfbsjgvsgb and my friends would call me gay and faggy and blahblah. ಥ ◡ ಥ

If anyone's even HALF as stoked as I am, pleasepleaseplease check out their Tumblr or Twitter and let me know what you guys think? 

TUMBLR.    <-- they have links to their Twitter and FB there too erhmehgerd. 

...Fanboying so hard right now. lololololol

IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED FOR THIS?!!?!

Is this spam? Is this a troll? Is this marketing?

If not, you should probably learn that this forum doesn't really like yaoi or OELVN titles. Mostly Japanese bishojo games.

There's a few generals and boards dedicated to this on 4chan, Lemmasoft might appreciate this, and there's probably some other places that would appreciate this. But Fuwa...will probably not appreciate this.

I really doubt anyone here would be upset by you posting this.  There's no need to take anything down, it's not against the rules to talk about English-language BL on this board.

It would have been a better idea to say that most of us here are into eroge and male-oriented visual novels that are made in Japan.  Even so, I know of plenty of people here that are into BL, so the idea that nobody here would care is false.

15 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I really doubt anyone here would be upset by you posting this.  There's no need to take anything down, it's not against the rules to talk about English-language BL on this board.

It would have been a better idea to say that most of us here are into eroge and male-oriented visual novels that are made in Japan.  Even so, I know of plenty of people here that are into BL, so the idea that nobody here would care is false.

I'n not trying to offend anyone, or trying to imply that he's breaking the rules. The issue is that there could probably be better discussion on this topic fostered elsewhere. I was just a bit turned of by the phrasing of the OP, I suppose.

On a more related note, how accessible is Nitro+Chiral's stuff? I've heard they make some of the best titles in the genre, but does it have the same amount of fanservice and ero as a normal Japanese VN, or is it closer to the rest of Nitro's releases? (Not trying to derail the thread, just figuring I'd get better response here than the recommendations board.) 

Edited by Shota_Victory

@xᴇɴᴏ:: Ahh, okay good to know. Thank you~ 

@ꜱʜᴏᴛᴀ:: Actually N+C's stuff is really good. I played DMMR: Re a few months ago, but tbh it was kind of confusing the way they set up the character selection and routes and such. However! I'm playing Togainu no Chi as we speak, and I didn't even realize that it was a game, let alone made by N+C until I saw an installation guide for it on here a few days back. Seeing as how it was one of my favorite anime when I was younger, I was ridiculously happy and just had to get it. It's waaayyy  less confusing than DMMR's set-up, plus an amazing game with stunning art that's better than the anime's. 

As far as how accessible it is, extremely so. AarinFantasy has a lot of their stuff, and you can download the game and see how to install / play HERE. I highly recommend you play it if you're into mature BL games. Fair warning though, it's super gory and has some fucked-up shit sprinkled around. So...pretty much the same as the rest of N+C's stuff hahah. As far as fanservice and ero go...the only fanservice it has is boy x boy, and there's a shitton of erotic scenes. I'd say waaaayyy  more so than normal Japanese VN's. 

Hope that helped clear things up!

1 minute ago, Narcosis said:

I think the last game that was brought up was Star... Star... Starfighter? As you might guess, it didn't get much recognition apart from it's rabid fanbase :meguface:

Ahhhh;;;;

I've never even heard of it hahahah.

I hear there are like 2 other BL games currently doing some funding with Kickstarter. They look promising. 

Or did you mean Star-whatever was from N+C? o 3o

4 hours ago, Shota_Victory said:

I'n not trying to offend anyone, or trying to imply that he's breaking the rules. The issue is that there could probably be better discussion on this topic fostered elsewhere. I was just a bit turned of by the phrasing of the OP, I suppose.

On a more related note, how accessible is Nitro+Chiral's stuff? I've heard they make some of the best titles in the genre, but does it have the same amount of fanservice and ero as a normal Japanese VN, or is it closer to the rest of Nitro's releases? (Not trying to derail the thread, just figuring I'd get better response here than the recommendations board.) 

I've played Dramatical Murder. There's 1-3 h-scenes a route for four out of five of the routes. The fifth route I skipped, so all the sex scenes might've been there. I don't think Lamento was that sex-heavy either, but I didn't finish a route so I'll withhold judgement there. Most of the couple development is BL (obviously), but there's not as much obvious fanservice as with male-targeted things, I believe? There's a naked apron scene, though. It's pretty accessible in a sense - parts of it are more plot-driven than romance-driven (although the routes tend to be romance-driven, actually... there's just plot behind everything), and Lamento did some pretty good world building in the common route, I found. However, I think with Dramatical Murder you need to go in with the idea that some of it is kinda crazy.... I'd say most would judge them on the lower end of N+ releases based on comments I've read on Lamento/Dramatical Murder experience (possible exception for Sweet Pool, which is supposed to be amazing).

On-topic, I'm not that interested in English BL novels, especially ones so early in development, when it looks like we might finally get Sweet Pool sometime in the foreseeable future. Pretty excited for Sweet Pool, though! :sacchan: I'd be a little worried about the amount they have to do - twelve routes is huuuuuge. I'd have to wonder if it'll ever finish, or make money back for that investment... The art's not really my thing either, sadly. Think it looks pretty unprofessional/up to JP standards. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just not my thing.

@SaevusVeritas... Is it possible you played Dramatical Murder's fandisc, Dramatical Murder re:connect, before the main game (just entitled Dramatical Murder)? I might've interpreted your message wrong, but I found the routes very straightforward, and you called it Dramatical Murder re...

Edited by Lambda

16 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Mostly the "problem", if you can even call it that, is that a new account's first message is nothing but gushing promotion for some new thing none of us have heard of.

Now, it's on topic, so there's nothing wrong with that.  But that's why you got asked if this was marketing or spam.  Because companies occasionally try to astroturf like this.  You don't seem to be an astroturfer; you're fine.  Just something to be aware of.

As for the actual topic ... uh, I have essentially 0 interest in any yaoi game.  Sorry :)

11 hours ago, Lambda said:

@SaevusVeritas... Is it possible you played Dramatical Murder's fandisc, Dramatical Murder re:connect, before the main game (just entitled Dramatical Murder)? I might've interpreted your message wrong, but I found the routes very straightforward, and you called it Dramatical Murder re...

4 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Well I'm quite excited for ZodiaX, it look very amazing BL VN with interesting story, BG and art.

I wonder ZodiaX would be free or not.

Thank you for sharing ZodiaX with us:D 

21 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Mostly the "problem", if you can even call it that, is that a new account's first message is nothing but gushing promotion for some new thing none of us have heard of.

Now, it's on topic, so there's nothing wrong with that.  But that's why you got asked if this was marketing or spam.  Because companies occasionally try to astroturf like this.  You don't seem to be an astroturfer; you're fine.  Just something to be aware of.

As for the actual topic ... uh, I have essentially 0 interest in any yaoi game.  Sorry :)

@Lambda :: YES. I played re:connect and never the original...maybe that was why I was so fecking confused about how the route-choices were laid out. I know I have to check out the original.

@Novel21 :: Of course, happy to! I just got so excited I couldn't contain myself hah. And yeah I do too. But tbh with the amount of work they're putting into it, I dunno. Maybe they'll do free to play but pay for unlocking routes like Mystical Messenger? ;;;; Regardless, I think I wouldn't mind paying, as long as it's not stupidly expensive. I can't believe how much some of these VN games go for.

@Nandemonai:: Ah, thank you for the heads-up. :3

1 minute ago, SaevusVeritas said:

@Lambda :: YES. I played re:connect and never the original...maybe that was why I was so fecking confused about how the route-choices were laid out. I know I have to check out the original.

@Novel21 :: Of course, happy to! I just got so excited I couldn't contain myself hah. And yeah I do too. But tbh with the amount of work they're putting into it, I dunno. Maybe they'll do free to play but pay for unlocking routes like Mystical Messenger? ;;;; Regardless, I think I wouldn't mind paying, as long as it's not stupidly expensive. I can't believe how much some of these VN games go for.

@Nandemonai:: Ah, thank you for the heads-up. :3

I hope they do free to play or Get ZodiaX on Steam, since it's the only way I can buy the VN:-)

@Novel21 ::

Gahhhh. BUT! I heard Steam actually released some 18+ plus game...lemme see if I can find it. KOTAKU ARTICLE! So maybe there's hope after all! But idk maybe if ZodiaX has like a censored version they can release on Steam, then an Uncensored one they can release on one of the many sites that caters to 18+ VN games? 

On 11/26/2016 at 2:33 PM, Novel21 said:

Oh that game, I have played little bit of it but I didn't enjoy it very much.

I really hope ZodiaX Get on Steam in near future, since I would really like to play that VN^_^

Yeah agreed! I know Steam recently released an 18+ game so I'm HOPING they can Greenlight it when the time comes around for its release. I just wonder, since they say the content is pretty mature, if Steam would actively release something like that. I really, reallyyyyy hope so, though! ಥ ◡ ಥ

Also omg look how cute this guy is!! I adore  the 'best-friend' love interests, and this guy looks super fun and quirky. Guaaahhh I hope they reveal more character designs soon. ❤❤

tumblr_inline_ohfmkeQTEm1uzumfv_500.png

Hi there! I couldn't help but notice how excited some of you were, and I wanted to introduce myself! I'm Binary, one of the creators, and the writer / programmer for ZodiaX. To answer some things, as far as Steam goes, we will definitely be applying to get ZodiaX Greenlit by the community there. And as @SaevusVeritas said, Steam did indeed release an 18+ game recently, so there's hope! Also, I'm glad to see you both like our Virgo, Darian so much. -laughs- I personally think his route, as well as Cypher's [ Capricorn ] are going to become my personal favourites. 

We're hoping to release more sketches / character design concept art in the near future. Our other creator Nox is our amazing  artist, but he can be a definitive stickler when it comes to his art. He refuses to let me post anything that doesn't meet his standards, so I'm going to try and nag him into letting me release one of the boys soon. We created a kind of 'saying hello' post in the Dev forums on here [ LINK ], but if you guys have seen our Tumblr there's no new information there, really.

Anyway! Thank you guys so much for your support -- it truly means everything to us -- and we hope to make a game that's beyond exceptional, not only for us, but for our fans as well. Please feel free to ask if you've any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer them!

-- Binary

@Novel21 Hahah my pleasure. Making it can sometimes be a huge headache, but I know it will be worth it in the end! And yeah, agreed. A lot of games are aimed at males, thus the reason for the Yuri games. And clearly, I'm more into yaoi myself too. ;D

Regardless, I hope we can meet everyone's expectations! We're working hard but sadly it's going to be a looonnnggg road before the game's release. But that'll give us enough time to build a fanbase and get the funding we need, as well as find beta testers, voice actors, the whole nine yards. 

Have you played many English BL games? I've been playing them a lot  for research purposes; seeing how they handle the routes, the UI, player choices, branches, etc. It's so different playing them for research rather than enjoyment lolololol.