Popup error on Hoshizora no Memoria

PChedas

I recently started hoshizora no memoria with Fuwanovel's tranlation and after starting the game, a bit later after this image

ltps.png

the window becomes white and this appears:

daj0.png

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? : NO

Your Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 (but running on wine)

What did you already try? Running it as admin, with different wine configurations, and configrating the given font and the game font

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: yep, from the torrent stored on TPB

I am playing it over wine, I have it in the last version available. Any kind of help is welcome.

Thanks.

You have to run in JP locale for this game, hopefully wine supports Japanese locale, if not you will have to dual boot I guess :o/>

I actually have downloaded the japanese pack, but i'm not sure if wine is taking it too. However, what does the dual boot consist on?

HOWTO: CJK in Wine (Chinese, Japanese & Korean)

But I would seriously recommend you get a windows virtual machine or dual boot windows.

Thanks for the link, i'll try. About the Virtual Machine, i think that my PC won't be able to carry a VN on a Virtual Machine, i mean, it's not THAT bad, but it's a bit "worn-out". I'll find out more about the dual boot but in think it's gonna be the same as the virtual machine.

Thanks for the support :D

I think the fail is produced because of the file graph_bs.bin, os if somebody that downloaded the game from fuwanovel could play that part to see if any error is produce that'd be great :D/>

Thanks

I got an error that looked similar to yours when I first tried playing this game. I was running windows 8 and had an issue switching to JP locale, I tried running it anyway and got that error. After switching to windows 7 and changed to JP locale I had no issues, except for a corrupt file error that popped up much later for me, which was resolved by re-downloading. My point being I think it definitely has to do with running win in JP locale. Just sharing, I hope my experience helps.

• 3 months later...

So I just had the same issue with all (unpatched) versions of this VN. Here's the solution for WINDOWS: You need to set Date and Time to Japanese format. Setting Japanese locale is not enough!
However this is if you want to read Japanese version.This shouldn't happen with English version, but apparently it happens under wine. I hope you can figure out how to do the same under wine...