Are there any good VN on sale on steam right now?

xGreyHound

I was looking at Corona Blossom and If My Heart Had Wings but are there any other good ones? I heard Clannad is good but I am not a fan of paying $25 for a visual novel, and Muv-Luv still doesn't have a patch yet and I don't want to buy an incomplete game. 

Update: Is Eden any good?

Edited by xGreyHound

eden*

Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning

Higurashi When they Cry Hou (with the PS3 patch)

Narcissu Anthology

Root Double Before Crime After Days Xtend Edition

The Fruit of Grisaia

The House in Fata Morgana

The Labyrinth of Grisaia

Tokyo Babel

Edited by Nier

7 minutes ago, Timeless Wizard said:

I loved it as well and completely agree that it is great but he did say he did not wish to spend more than 25$ on one. I do believe Gahkthun is worth it though.

If people that have played it think it is worth it then I don't have a problem, I have heard mixed reviews for Clannad though. 

NekoPara....  *shifty eyes*

Though I'm assuming you're new to VNs which is why you're asking this. I'd suggest introductory but really good ones like Planetarian and Narcissu.

Clannad is a legendary VN and classic but very VERY long and more for those who have a few under their belt and know what they're getting into. 

7 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

NekoPara....  *shifty eyes*

Though I'm assuming you're new to VNs which is why you're asking this. I'd suggest introductory but really good ones like Planetarian and Narcissu.

Clannad is a legendary VN and classic but very VERY long and more for those who have a few under their belt and know what they're getting into. 

I am new but not hugely new, if that makes any since. Do you think Clannad is worth the money?

30 minutes ago, Shota_Victory said:

Well, it is the best selling visual novel series of all time, so you can't say they didn't make their money back!

Oh they certainly did! The fact that it was backed by Sekai Project when officially localized Visual Novels were pretty much a rarity (well it's still is, but not as much as it was in 2014) greatly helped in bringing coverage and the spotlight was aimed on this doujin series when truly there's nothing special about it, Japan gets this kind of titles per year by the gallons. The same could be said about other smaller titles such as KARAKARA, Corona Blossom, Ne No Kami and such. If you go on EGS you'll notice that the japanese consumer base clearly don't care much about these games and for a good reason is that they have the liberty to choose from an incredibly big library (why play these titles when you can play Gin'iro Haruka, the latest Yuzusoft title, the latest Team Baldrhead game, or even ChuSingura 46+1 uncut?), which is not something that people outside Japan have the luxury to do but instead have to choose from the small pool of localized titles, but this can work in the favor of smaller titles which is what happened with NekoPara.

Edited by Nier

2 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

I am new but not hugely new, if that makes any since. Do you think Clannad is worth the money?

Clannad is by Key, one of the most famous VN makers out there.  The Kickstarter for its Western release raised half a million dollars.

I'd also recommend Littlewitch Romanesque and Steins;Gate, and Kindred Spirits on the Roof.

I'm also going to recommend The Stanley Parable and Her Story even though they might not strictly speaking be considered VNs.