Sekien no Inganock ending question

InvictusCobra

So I just finished this and the fact most plot points were left unresolved is making me boil. Did the plot's resolution just go way over my head like most symbolism and intertextuality do or is this ending a bad conclusion? I will most likely read the web novels in the near future in the hopes of finding some closure, but at the moment I am not hopeful. As such, I would like to know about others' inputs on the ending of this work and whether I'm just a dumb person as regards these matters.

Have a good day!

So, keep in mind that it's been a while since I played this, but here's a few thoughts from a big Sekien no Inganock fan.

It's a somewhat open ending. I don't like those all the time, but one every now and then is fine with me, and I rather liked this one. I thought most of the plot, at least, was resolved. In particular, the most important question of the plot, the cause of the incident, was explained to my satisfaction. While I don't believe there was a precise explanation of how it happened, there was a very clear, if indirect, explanation of why it happened, which gave me a great deal of emotional closure in the story. That was enough for me to like the ending.

Similarly, the fates of all the main characters, while not directly stated, seemed clear to me, and I appreciated the explicitly-specified fate of the one person they chose to depict in the ending.

Generally speaking, while it's an open ending, I think it nicely closed its themes. It doesn't go out of its way to explain how things work or what happened to every character, because that shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. What matters is why certain events happened, what the people involved in them felt and believed, and what they experienced as a result.