Kara No Shoujo (1) Save File location?

xGreyHound

Does anyone know where the save file for Kara No Shoujo is located? Is it in the game directory or somewhere else?

Update: So if I launch it with the icon I have no clue where the save file goes, however if I launch it off of the game directory copied to my desktop it makes a save data folder separate from the icon launch. 

Edited by xGreyHound

Just now, Vorathiel said:

Mangagamer assholes are forcing their VN save and configuration files on C:\users\[yourusername]\appdata\roaming\mangagamer  (on Windows 7)
Don't know if it's the same with Kara1, but it was the case for Kara 2, Fatamorgana and few others. 

Exactly why I didn't "buy" it from them, really don't like how they run things. 

25 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Mangagamer assholes are forcing their VN save and configuration files on C:\users\[yourusername]\appdata\roaming\mangagamer  (on Windows 7)
Don't know if it's the same with Kara1, but it was the case for Kara 2, Fatamorgana and few others. 

I don't think they do for the first Kara no Shoujo.  I just downloaded it (previously bought it on a sale) and read the first few lines, saved, and looked under roaming, and nothing.  All I see is a folder for Cartagra, so it must go into the savedata folder that's located in the main game directory.

36 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I don't think they do for the first Kara no Shoujo.  I just downloaded it (previously bought it on a sale) and read the first few lines, saved, and looked under roaming, and nothing.  All I see is a folder for Cartagra, so it must go into the savedata folder that's located in the main game directory.

I believe that is where it is.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

It should be obvious that the save data was in the game folder (For Kara no Shoujo) instead of appdata data like usual Mangagamer game. Although the OP here may already knew about that, I just want to answer here.

So if I launch it with the icon I have no clue where the save file goes, however if I launch it off of the game directory copied to my desktop it makes a save data folder separate from the icon launch. 

4 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

So if I launch it with the icon I have no clue where the save file goes, however if I launch it off of the game directory copied to my desktop it makes a save data folder separate from the icon launch. 

Right click the icon, select 'properties', go to "start in" and open that directory.  Poking around in there is a good place to start.  (Note: I don't actually have KnS2 installed to check if that's where it puts the files.  But that's how to get from an icon to the installed folder in general.)

• 4 months later...

Hello, I only created an account to post this message. Please edit it as you see fit if this violates any of the forum rules.

I was facing the same problem, (could not find the savedata folder). I solved it using Sysutil Process Monitor and got the file location. As this question is still unsolved, I thought I would share my finding with the community.

On my machine (Windows 10), the save files were being stored in:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kara No Shoujo\savedata

Have a nice day.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:00 AM, spopo said:

Hello, I only created an account to post this message. Please edit it as you see fit if this violates any of the forum rules.

I was facing the same problem, (could not find the savedata folder). I solved it using Sysutil Process Monitor and got the file location. As this question is still unsolved, I thought I would share my finding with the community.

On my machine (Windows 10), the save files were being stored in:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kara No Shoujo\savedata

Have a nice day.

Why in gods name would they put it there? Lol, thanks. 

14 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

Why in gods name would they put it there? Lol, thanks. 

Saving things in the VirtualStore folder is a thing Windows does.

The programmers dont put it there themselves.

Nowadays many things that you wouldnt expect end up there.

Has something to do with trustinfo manifests, windows rights etc. Instead of saving it in the program files the data goes into the virtualstore.

Edited by Ningen