How's Dracu-Riot compared to Noble Works?

Nier

dracu riot is better because of elina.

Spoiler

uB0tEzC.jpg

qc0Ekn5.jpg

thats all you need to know.8)

but seriously, drau riot is better for its characters and story. noble works isnt without its merits but dracu-riot stands out as the better one in most peoples eyes. its got some nice comedy, some great characters and an interesting set up. once the patch is released, i highly recommend it.

Edited by mitchhamilton

I think it's funnier, for starters. I also find most of the characters more interesting. These are pretty subjective aspects that are difficult to go into deeper detail on. The characters are simply much more off-beat and there's a greater reliance on amusing banter, something they pull off decently well.

They also do a much better job at weaving in various story aspects. Now, this is still not a story-heavy game by a long shot, but the common route actually has its own mildly eventful narrative. NW's narrative was much more uneventful in comparison, with stuff happening only at the beginning and end of the common route. The heroine routes also tend to be at least a little bit more eventful than NW's, although they're still heavily character-driven. Overall, I think they accomplished a much more compelling mix of story and character drama throughout the game, one that's close to ideal for a moege. 

Edited by Decay

As I was said, the characters are funnier, and their routes have a more dramatic development (to me at least). In DR events happen as the story deepens in every chapter, not like NW where you only have relevant developments at the beggining and the end of the common route.

Though I liked both VN (and I'm not a vampire fan) if I had to pick one, I'd choose DR with no second thoughts.  

Edited by Benji Price

The difference can mainly be seen in the setting and the fact that the central story has a lot more influence in Dracu-riot than it does in Noble Works.  For better or worse, Noble Works has your 'standard charage' structure, where each route is almost completely independent of the others and contradictions are left untouched/ignored in setting them up.  Dracu-riot has a consistent setting, with different elements of it coming into play in each path without them contradicting one another. 

If I may give some opinion, I would like to think that Dracu Riot was some sort of Yuzusoft attempt to improve their game, and I think it was quite successful looking from general reaction. Although of course Noble Works was still had some good points. And since those two were charage, I think it depend to the heroine from each people out there (There could be some people who favor Noble Works heroine). I think that's all I could think for now.