Dramatic love triangle

Zantax

I thought I would ask about something I wanted to read for a while - dramatic love triangle. I'm not asking just about harem or some threesome fap material - I want some serious, complicated relationship where all sides are conscious of situation and care what going to happen about the third person (so not just two girls rival to earn protagonist love). It's even better if it don't have traditional heroine routes (just heroine endings). I could point out Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru light novel / anime series as something simillar to thing I want (even if that title is not so much romance focused).

I'm fine with japanese but it must be relatively easy to read.

So, any sugestions?

1 minute ago, Zantax said:

Thanks for response but no... just no.

I get it why a lot of people hate School Days because of the protagonist, the infamous bad ending and a few other aspects of the game,

But personally, I enjoyed the dramatic love triangle especially on making the decisions on not breaking the heroine's heart. Sure, there are some scenes that was quite unpleasant to watch but that's what actually made me want to play the game more. The yearn on getting a good ending for the certain heroine. :sachi:

52 minutes ago, Limerence_ said:

I guess you could try ef - a fairy tale of the two. Only a part of it revolves around love triangles though.

I already watched anime, so I don't think there is much point in reading this.

15 minutes ago, Asonn said:

ななしのアステリズム however it's a manga + shoujo ai but your description fits perfectly with this manga. 

Unfortunately japanese manga won't do - I can't read without parser ^^'

Edited by Zantax

Like Kiririri said White Album 2 is probably by far the best work about dramatic love triangles.

Despite having only two routes with the love triangle,Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba is a very good game in a whole and to me is the best Palette work.

Koi de wa Naku is something different from the majority with a 2 man 1 girl triangle, despite being overwhelming at times, it's worth playing the first 30 hours only because the true route.

13 minutes ago, Norleas said:

Despite having only two routes with the love triangle,Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba is a very good game in a whole and to me is the best Palette work.

I think I will go with this one for now. It sounds interesting, I like its visual style... and is shorter than White Album ^^'

Thanks for your help :]

19 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Don't look at the scores on VNDB.

DON'T LOOK AT THE SCORES ON THE VNDB. Never, ever.

Well... no. One have to get information from somewhere and you just throw title at me without word of explanation. If you just look a average score than yea, this can be misleading. But as long you keep in mind stuff like if it is translated to english, how popular it is, what genre it represents and look at whole score structure than you can get some worthwile info from that.

But ok, I've put some more effort to get some info about this VN and I think I will pass after all.

9 minutes ago, exaccuss said:

I never pay attention to scores on vndb since i have noticed people sometimes tend to give those vn's with romanceable routes low scores.

While it's your decision if you want look on score or not... how the fact that romance focused VNs have lower scores at average make data useless? If you already know that romance is scored lower then use that information when you compare scores. Data is rarely useless as long you actually analyze it rather then take numbers as they are.

The whole point of not taking vndb scores into consideration is, because people tend to overrate shit. Especially stuff that's popular for a reason. That and people are sheep. If you'll take everything world throws at you as a basis, instead doing your own research, you're literally doomed on every single level.

TL&DR

Take the scores on VNDB with a grain of salt. Or more precisely, a whole bag of it.

Edited by Narcosis

12 hours ago, Zantax said:

I thought I would ask about something I wanted to read for a while - dramatic love triangle. I'm not asking just about harem or some threesome fap material - I want some serious, complicated relationship where all sides are conscious of situation and care what going to happen about the third person (so not just two girls rival to earn protagonist love). It's even better if it don't have traditional heroine routes (just heroine endings). I could point out Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru light novel / anime series as something simillar to thing I want (even if that title is not so much romance focused).

I'm fine with japanese but it must be relatively easy to read.

So, any sugestions?

Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi

Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba

Kimi to Boku to Eden no Ringo

Soshite Hatsukoi ga Imouto ni Naru

3 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Take the scores on VNDB with a grain of salt. Or more precisely, a whole bag of it.

Definitely.

If you want an actual opinion on a VN, I'd recommend only using the VNDB scores as a rough outline. Look at the tags, EGS scores, and most importantly, written reviews before deciding "this game is shit" or "this game is the second coming of Jesus Christ".

7 hours ago, Zantax said:

While it's your decision if you want look on score or not... how the fact that romance focused VNs have lower scores at average make data useless? If you already know that romance is scored lower then use that information when you compare scores. Data is rarely useless as long you actually analyze it rather then take numbers as they are.

lolwhat? All i said was that i dont bother looking at the scores so i can make my own verdict. Not that the data is useless.

Perhaps I could recommend Suika according to VNDB tag. It was underrated though, but maybe you could try to give a chance to play it and hopefully you'll find Suika was good. Oh, and some of the staff were also staff who working on ef. Other than that, I knew that White Album and Koichoco was good recommendations (It were already suggested though). Have fun.