Out of all the VN you have completed, which ones are you likely to play again and which ones are you unlikely to play again?

Nier

Completed VNs that I am likely to play again:

- Ayakashibito

- Corpse Party

- Corpse Party Book of Shadows

- Corpse Party: BloodDrive

- Fate/Stay night Realta Nua

- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

- Muv-Luv

- Muv-Luv Alternative

- Rewrite

- Root Double Before Crime After Days Xtend Edition

- Saya no Uta

- Sekien no Inganock Fullvoice ReBORN

- Sound of Drop -fall into poison-

- Steins;Gate

- Umineko (PS3 version ONLY)

Completed VNs that I am unlikely to play again:

- Air

- CLANNAD

- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

- ef - a fairy tale of the two.

- G-senjou no Maou

- Higanbana First Night and Second Night

- Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru

- KARAKARA

- Killer Queen

- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! S

- NEKOPARA Vol.1

- Planetarian

- Remember11

- Shikkoku no Sharnoth Fullvoice ReBORN

- Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

- Tomoyo After

Edited by Nier

Completed VNs that I am likely to play again:

Natsukumo Yururu

Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! Series

Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -

Rewrite

Meri☆Chri ~Juu Nen Buri no White Christmas~

Completed VNs that I am unlikely to play again:

Hitomebore

Clannad

Yume Miru Kusuri

Narcissu

Akatsuki no Goei

Cross†Channel

Koiseyo!! Imouto Banchou

Narcissu Side 2nd

World End Economica

1000 Words

Dracu-Riot!

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki

Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo

Dra†KoI Finished

Akatsuki no Goei ~Principal-tachi no Kyuujitsu~

Asu Owaru Sekai, Sono Zenya

Yome Sagashi ga Hakadori Sugite Yabai.

40 Nichi 40 Yoru no Ame

A Profile

D.C. ~Da Capo~

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~

Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-

Kanon

Kyoudai Hiai ~Iya na no ni, Kanjichau~

Little Busters!

Maman Kyoushitsu ~Mirai no H na Obenkyou~

Neko Para Vol.1 Soleil Kaiten Shimashita!

Osananajimi wa Daitouryou: My Girlfriend is the President.

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

Tokyo School Life

Toradora! Portable

Without Within

Zettai Saikyou ☆ Oppai Sensou!! ~Kyonyuu Oukoku vs Hinnyuu Oukoku~

Hanahira!

KARAKARA

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete

Air

Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru

Imouto Paradise! ~Onii-chan to Go nin no Imouto no Ecchi Shimakuri

Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina

Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort

Oppai Sensou - Kyonyuu VS Hinnyuu

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

Shuffle!

Wanko to Kurasou

Goshujin-sama Daisuki

Koiken Otome

Muv-Luv

Noble ☆ Works

Princess Evangile

Touma Kojirou no Tantei File ~Opera Za no Kaijin Satsujin Jiken~

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Oyako Saiin Chiiku ~ Konna Ore ni Uzuite Modaero!

Ayakashibito

Canvas 2 ~Akaneiro no Palette~

D.C. II ~Da Capo II~

I know it's a long, long list with a lot of wasted time

Edited by Asonn

At the beginning of my journey through VN world I was re-reading a lot (and also I was not skipping any text I already read, so reading common route couple of times). Nowadays however I would rather pick something new than spend time reading something once more. Number of worthwile english translation is still bit limited so theoretically you could run out of stuff to read, but in japanese I found out that I'm adding titles to my "to read" list much more often than I'm actually finishing them, so I wont run out anytime soon :P

All of my VNs are on the Vita, and I've platinumed all of them.  I will probably never touch them again, but I might get their PS3/PS4 versions to get a second platinum or just to add to my collection.  A game I might do that for is Root Letter which I just finished today because it's a very short VN.

The VNs that I'll definitely play again from the top of my head will be 'Blazblue - Story Mode'. Any version of them.

Most likely if I was to play a VN again, it will be a Moege and it will be from a character route that I like. E.g. Shirakawa Nanaka from Da Capo II, Ayaka from Princess Evangile or Matsunaga Tsubame from Majikoi S.

And yes, I like Moege which are the only VNs that I read these days. Come at me Bro!!

Edited by jetpack003

I love going back to stories I enjoyed in the past to read them again. Not just for VNs, but for books and other stuff as well. Therefore it isn't impossible for me to honestly just play everything I have played up until now once more at some point.

But for the specific games I'd probably want to go through again the most as of right now, I'd say these are on the top of that list:

- Nurse Love Addiction (actually did start playing this again not too long ago, this time in Japanese to experience the copletely original version.)

- Kimi e Okuru, Sora no Hana (Whenever I feel like crying like a little girl again)

- Kimihane Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi Suru Ikkagetsu (One of the first VNs I read completely in Japanese, where I actually felt like I understood 100% of what I read.)

- Grisaia no Kajitsu (Cuz Yuuji is love, Yuuji is life.)

- Tokage no Shippo Kiri (This thing messed with my head so much. I freaking loved every second of it, lol.)

- Kono oozora + the fandisk (One of my first VNs, so I just love the crap out of it.)

- Majikoi (My stomach hurt from laughing several times during this. Gotta play that again.)

Things I could replay, orderd by votes:

10 Chaos;Head

10 Muv-Luv Alternative

10 Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru

9 Eve: Burst Error

9 Fata morgana no Yakata

9 Forest

9 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

9 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

9 Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO

9 Kyokugen Dasshutsu 9-Jikan 9-Nin 9 no Tobira

9 Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV Zennin Shibou Desu

9 Remember11 -The Age of Infinity-

9 Saya no Uta

9 Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo

9 Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo

9 Steins;Gate

9 Swan Song

8 Ever17 -The Out of Infinity-

8 Fault Milestone 2

8 I/O

8 Kara no Shoujo

8 Muv-Luv

8 Myth

7 Fault Milestone One

7 Cartagra ~Tsuki kurui no Yamai~

7 Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles Vol.1

6 Tsukihime

1 Viper-V16

The last one is in the list simply because I always think like... "it can't be that bad, after all, I was only a stupid brat back then...", the same applies to Tsukihime. Otherwise I won't bother with thiings I rated under 8/10 unless they are part of a serie I didn't read in full.

(Umineko is not in the list because I already re-read it...)

Edited by WinterfuryZX

6 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

1 Viper-V16

The last one is in the list simply because I always think like... "it can't be that bad, after all, I was only a stupid brat back then...", the same applies to Tsukihime.

Hey I still have Viper-M1 on my shelf and I can confirm that:

14706.jpg

it is that bad. (wasn't it also dubbed in Italian...?)

No it wasn't dubbed, unless you count fan playthroughs such as this. (the dialogues are terrible lol, yeah, maybe my judgement was not that wrong...)

This game got some sort of recognition back then, the protagonist of "Gioco da Ragazze", an Italian movie about bullyism in an all girls high school, has VIPER V16 poster in her room.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

Likely to play again:

I 've been replaying the majikoi game series~ i'm just in it for the laughs and it was a really funny experience....

If my Heart had Wings,Grisaia no Kajitsu.. Hoshizora no memoria ,Steins Gate and Alchemy Meister perhaps 

Unlikey to play again:

if I already completed the vn I delete them if the VN is really bad for me or not up to my preferences tto free up some space...

these are some vn's that are still on my pc but  will unlikely to be played again

Rance series,Daibanchou-big bang age. Clannad,G-senjou no Maou, Fate/stay night,Yume Miru Kusuri,Narcissu,Cross†Channel,Dracu-Riot!,Air,Imouto Paradise! ~Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort,Shuffle!,Wanko to Kurasou,Koiken Otome,Muv-Luv,Noble ☆ Works,Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate,D.C. II ~Da Capo II,Sharin no Kuni, Tears to tiara, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo,Dra†KoI Finished,A Profile,D.C. ~Da Capo~,Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~,Kanon,Little Busters!,Maman Kyoushitsu ~Mirai no H na Obenkyou~,Neko Para Vol.1 Soleil Kaiten Shimashita!,My Girlfriend is the President,Shinigami no Kiss,Zettai Saikyou ☆ Oppai Sensou!!,Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky,Dracu Riot, Rewrite, 11- eyes etc.~

I constantly want to replay VNs and rewatch anime I've completed, but rarely actually do it because there's always new stuff to read/see. However, it is quite likely I'll replay HoshiMemo and Chaos;Head at some point.

Honestly, it's hard to tell right now which VNs I'll replay because it hasn't been that long since I got into them. In a few years, I don't know which ones I'll be feeling nostalgic enough about to warrant a replay.

VNs I'll come back at:

- Steins;Gate (never properly read it, but watched a Youtube gameplay, so I'm planning to play it next Spring)

- Little Busters (maybe I'll get it when it releases on Steam with special edition and those extra routes)

VNs I'm not touching again:

- Remember 11 (great atmosphere but flawed game, and Uchikoshi's games tend to be a one-trick pony)

- Rewrite (haven't even completed it, but I feel it's really a one-trick pony, and if I get to complete it I'll never touch it again)

- Noble Works (when I complete it I'll quickly forget about all of it. Feel good novel without any trascendence)

VNs I'm unsure about:

- Period (I loved it at the start, as well as some parts, but it's a very long novel and there's a lot of room for trash writing, and boredom)

- Deardrops (I love it, so maybe I'll play again)

Lots of people mention Steins;Gate, Hoshimemo, Konosora..., etc, it's because they're top-notch novels that most everybody loves.

Edited by Okarin

Probably only something like Umineko, the Shinza series VNs and Fata Morgana... other than those, though - I'm also planning to reread some VNs I've completed in english from my early days of VN experiences in japanese - those with rumoured bad translations, btw.

Time, time... >__>

I've only ever replayed two VNs: Crescendo (numerous times, mostly just Yuka's route, sometimes also Kaori) and Canvas 2 (read it twice, Mami and Tomoko ftw), and that was years ago. Sure, there are better VNs out there, but they're usually too long to re-read, and these days I can't even keep up with the stuff I already own but still haven't read.