PS4 Pro

Eclipsed

So after many, many years of not owning dedicated home consoles (my household stopped at GC / PS1 / GBA) I finally got myself a N3DSXL and Vita just last year, and now this year the PS4 Pro. Probably will get the NSwitch when it comes out too$$$$$$$$$

I mostly got the Pro because I was gonna get a slim PS4 soon anyways but got baited by l0lnewer, gg.

As for what kind of starter games i have ready 2 go:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. That is all

LOL

And of course all the triple A's that my ancient Lappy coughed up blood trying to run, DA:I, Witcher 3, Rise of Tombraider. ..

Early Christmas for me, I'm broke now, fk y'all no presents for anybody  
TEFRiJj.jpg (800×450)

Whoop-dee-doo the one time i save up munnies to splurge on new launch products and the typical 'don't buy things right away cos you'll just be the live QC guinea pigs' applies

Random Googlings seem to also say the framerate loss can happen in 1080p, life makes no sense, I got my receipt ready just in case

3 minutes ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Should've done your research first. The only mistake I can compare with yours is buying Re;Birth3 on Steam, only to find out that it can't run on my laptop because it only has an Intel HD Graphics card. That's about $45 wasted.

If you have under 2 hours in game you can probably refund it on steam.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

Whoop-dee-doo the one time i save up munnies to splurge on new launch products and the typical 'don't buy things right away cos you'll just be the live QC guinea pigs' applies

Random Googlings seem to also say the framerate loss can happen in 1080p, life makes no sense, I got my receipt ready just in case

1080 and 60fps is all I'd ask for from a console. I don't think that's a tall order, I don't care about '4K' especially since it's just up-rezed and looks blurry anyway. I don't think I can jump the gun I'm going to wait for all the game performance info. I'm also wary of just how long this generation is going to last.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

I'm probably gonna buy a regular PS4 on black friday. Gotta get ready for P5.

I think the most important thing (if buying a regular) is just to make sure it's the CUH1200 chassis (newer version, comes with much improvements) but I think they're all like that now. Unless you buy second hand.

I bought a PS4 slim recently and after comparing FF15 screenshots the difference between the pro is not currently warranted. Honestly I dislike the idea of consoles turning into iphones. We don't need an update every few years and I don't want the companies to think they can do that. Admittedly the PRO itself is only useful if you also have a 4K tv otherwise it's identical (framerate issues aside) to a regular 1080 PS4 only with a slightly larger storage. The slim is definitely the better option (at least at the moment). The PRO is suffering from new console release syndrome...but it will probably be fixed eventually maybe even with an update.

I prefer PC gaming but Persona 5 and FF15 persuaded me into getting one last console. I hate their paid online and crappy storage space sizes though. It is cheaper than buying a PC though for people who want a cheaper option...although one does have to question whether that remains true seeing as how many games are more expensive to buy longer on console than PC.  Sadly the PS4 also only runs big games at 30 FPS for the most part (FF15 for example) but that may change with time. I hate the Playstation Now feature which is their bullshit (money grubbing) excuse for not having backwards compatibility. That said there are about 8-10 games that I do eventually wish to pick up (none of which are currently out). I typically don't buy a console unless the total cost in games is equal or more than the actual cost of the console.

14 minutes ago, kyrt said:

I prefer PC gaming but Persona 5 and FF15 persuaded me into getting one last console. I hate their paid online and crappy storage space sizes though. It is cheaper than buying a PC though for people who want a cheaper option...although one does have to question whether that remains true seeing as how many games are more expensive to buy longer on console than PC.  

I enjoy the convenience of consoles, even though I prefer to play on the PC. For example, I still haven't got Crusader Kings 2 working and I seriously just don't have the energy anymore to try 20 different things in order to play my game. I like the 'insert disc -> game starts' nature of consoles :3

i-s8r6QGg-2100x20000.jpg 

Just now, Darklord Rooke said:

I enjoy the convenience of consoles, even though I prefer to play on the PC. For example, I still haven't got Crusader Kings 2 working and I seriously just don't have the energy anymore to try 20 different things in order to play my game. I like the 'insert disc -> game starts' nature of consoles :3

I keep saying each console will be the last one I buy and yet I buy at least one every generation. I am fortunate as my graphics card will likely remain relevant for a few more years but after that I'll probably be playing on console until I get the funds to properly upgrade or buy a new computer (which will take a while). I haven't been playing consoles for quite some time but I just started Uncharted 4 (free game that came with system) and I've realized certain actions simply work better on console (the climbing mechanic for example I simply couldn't see working overly well on PC). 

New Disgaea game on a new console => time to purchase a new console, so I've had a PS4 for a while. I've only played Disgaea 5 and Tales of Zestiria (which is of course available on both PS3 and even PC, now) so far, and the only other upcoming game I'm waiting for is Persona 5. Oh well. Still money well-spent - I logged a ton of hours on Disgaea 5, and I will certainly log a ton more on Persona 5.

I am closer to "boycott Sony", though I think the PS5 talk is BS. But who knows what these geniuses are thinking...

The Switch should make a good buy, let's hope it fares better than the Wii U.

If you bought the Pro for the niche games then okay, but paying 60-70 bucks for AAA games when in PC you can get those first-day for under 30 euros*... not for me.

(*): Not the real hits like Fallout 4, no, but most ones.

Also the framerate drops is another instance of BS, badmouthing and clickbait, since how much does it fall? 2, 3 FPS? Another thing altogether is that Sony promised better perfomance and it's nowhere to be found, but PS4 was made with a series of objectives: 1) 1080p 60 FPS; 2) HDR and 4K; 3) Playstation VR support.

Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm thinking of uninstalling since its DRM might fry my beloved disk :oMust be bad for SSDs.