Shadowverse

Kaguya

im really liking it and wanna play more of it. for those who are interested, its a card battle game except you dont need to pay to win. its available right now on steam for free and as an apology for the delay on pc they gave away a ton of stuff. literally you get over 400+ new cards straight away. the developers are extremely generous with their give aways with this game.

Yeah, it's pretty good

WeSyiqP.png

Been playing it for about two weeks now, and I'm really loving it. It feels really fresh in terms of CCGs around, and I never really got into Hearthstone, its number 1 comparison. The evolution mechanic is quite amazing and really differentiates it from the other card games out there.

You should try it if you like these sorts of things.

Here's my profile, if you want to do something together:

MsGat3o.png

It's the first card game of this type that I've tried and ended up liking... and I like it a lot.

Doesn't stop me getting fucking mauled every time someone plays a Havencraft deck though :vinty:

If anyone wants to add me, I'm 453 292 927, name Archelirion :sachi:

Edited by AaronIsCrunchy

Welp, I'm playing this a bit. Maybe I won't get bored in two days.

997 521 166 appears to be my ID number.

Current status is getting my Havencraft arse trounced, ranked or otherwise. Out of the 4 measly matches I've played, they've gone more or less the same: I lower my opponent's health to about 5 (and once even to 1); keep mine at around 20, and then promptly get a turnabout thrown in my face. I can only say that I live up to Edgeworth's legacy.
My theory is that I'm lacking cards in my hand. Whereas my opponents seem to always be playing things that make them draw cards, and that allow them to have 5 or 6 cards in their hands, and later in the game, 2 or 3. By opposition, my late games consist of RNG'ing and praying that the one card I get, which I'll immediately play, is good.
Turns out I don't actually have any (more than two) cards that allow me to draw more cards. Perhaps Havencraft has a distinct playstyle that revolves around coordinating my amulets and ending everything quickly. I wouldn't actually know since I haven't tried out any other craft, and don't even know what this "Overflow" and "Vengeance" balderdash consists of. To me they're just signals that I'm about to get kicked in the figurative genitals.

If I'm lacking cards, well, I should just get more! This leads me to my question: I seem to be in possession of a number of tickets. 18 normal ones, and 25 darkness, to be exact. What are these tickets? I decided to use 3 of which to purchase card packs, so as to ensure the former turned into a nifty amount of 15 tickets, but did I just commit some blasphemous waste?
Secondly, in regards to the purchasing of cards, I am assuming the main source of which is to be gold? Or else, does one regularly acquire tickets? And from where? Not having actually won squat, I'm a bit curious as to the rewards, I must admit.

7 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Welp, I'm playing this a bit. Maybe I won't get bored in two days.

997 521 166 appears to be my ID number.

Current status is getting my Havencraft arse trounced, ranked or otherwise. Out of the 4 measly matches I've played, they've gone more or less the same: I lower my opponent's health to about 5 (and once even to 1); keep mine at around 20, and then promptly get a turnabout thrown in my face. I can only say that I live up to Edgeworth's legacy.
My theory is that I'm lacking cards in my hand. Whereas my opponents seem to always be playing things that make them draw cards, and that allow them to have 5 or 6 cards in their hands, and later in the game, 2 or 3. By opposition, my late games consist of RNG'ing and praying that the one card I get, which I'll immediately play, is good.
Turns out I don't actually have any (more than two) cards that allow me to draw more cards. Perhaps Havencraft has a distinct playstyle that revolves around coordinating my amulets and ending everything quickly. I wouldn't actually know since I haven't tried out any other craft, and don't even know what this "Overflow" and "Vengeance" balderdash consists of. To me they're just signals that I'm about to get kicked in the figurative genitals.

If I'm lacking cards, well, I should just get more! This leads me to my question: I seem to be in possession of a number of tickets. 18 normal ones, and 25 darkness, to be exact. What are these tickets? I decided to use 3 of which to purchase card packs, so as to ensure the former turned into a nifty amount of 15 tickets, but did I just commit some blasphemous waste?
Secondly, in regards to the purchasing of cards, I am assuming the main source of which is to be gold? Or else, does one regularly acquire tickets? And from where? Not having actually won squat, I'm a bit curious as to the rewards, I must admit.

Use all of your tickets on card packs. Those packs are the only things you can do with those tickets.

Except for the arena ones, which give you free entry to the arena. But you can't use them anywhere else.

If you are a good player, arena is the most efficient way to build up a big collection, since, with enough wins, you even get more gold than you paid to play it (and aa good player will, even losing, still end up gaining a pack and some gold, which is essentially the same as buying a pack at a discount).

If you are a newcomer and not too confident in your card game skills, I recommend just buying packs with your gold. I'd also recommend prioritizing standard packs, as they have more relevant cards for most decks.

Havencraft has two distinct playstyles, and one of them involves gaining a large advantage in the midgame through amulets and dealing huge amounts of burst damage at the end while the other involves the use of an amulet called "Elana's Prayer" and a lot of healing cards that end up being incredible in combination with it.

Overflow is a mechanic of the dragoncraft class. It activates when they have 7 mana, and a lot of their cards have unique effects when that condition is met. You'd expect it to happen at turn 7, but they have several ways to cheat out that mana earlier. 

Vengeance is a mechanic of the bloodcraft class. It activates when they have 10 or less health. It makes a lot of their cards hyper efficient, removes drawbacks from cards that have those and oftentimes gives them healing to stabilize after that. 

After using up all your tickets, I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your gold and legendary cards and posting it here. We could help out in explaining what your current card poll is good for. 

1 hour ago, Kaguya said:

Use all of your tickets on card packs. Those packs are the only things you can do with those tickets.

Except for the arena ones, which give you free entry to the arena. But you can't use them anywhere else.

If you are a good player, arena is the most efficient way to build up a big collection, since, with enough wins, you even get more gold than you paid to play it (and aa good player will, even losing, still end up gaining a pack and some gold, which is essentially the same as buying a pack at a discount).

If you are a newcomer and not too confident in your card game skills, I recommend just buying packs with your gold. I'd also recommend prioritizing standard packs, as they have more relevant cards for most decks.

Havencraft has two distinct playstyles, and one of them involves gaining a large advantage in the midgame through amulets and dealing huge amounts of burst damage at the end while the other involves the use of an amulet called "Elana's Prayer" and a lot of healing cards that end up being incredible in combination with it.

Overflow is a mechanic of the dragoncraft class. It activates when they have 7 mana, and a lot of their cards have unique effects when that condition is met. You'd expect it to happen at turn 7, but they have several ways to cheat out that mana earlier. 

Vengeance is a mechanic of the bloodcraft class. It activates when they have 10 or less health. It makes a lot of their cards hyper efficient, removes drawbacks from cards that have those and oftentimes gives them healing to stabilize after that. 

After using up all your tickets, I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your gold and legendary cards and posting it here. We could help out in explaining what your current card poll is good for. 

Ask and ye shall receive.

Spoiler

9Eab3PN.png

94iYPUp.png

Now, whilst I don't mind suggestions, I think it'd bother me even more to go with what's considered "good". I'd much rather do it my way and have my own stewed buttocks for dinner than build a deck based on others' beliefs, findings, and experience.

It's like... half the fun is the learning experience, I suppose: "Wait, if I use these two cards together then... Wow, I just unlost this game!"; figuring out combos and strategies on my own can be satisfying -- and in a twisted way, losing to an opponent with one health can be, too.

What I'm probably going to do next is play the solo 'campaign' for Swordcraft, because I like the military theme those cards have got going.
And revise my decks since I've, like, got cards now. That's new.

Edit: Oh, by the way, in case that wasn't abundantly clear, I'm a filthy casual. All about fun and stuff. Or unfun, depending.

I can't seem to get anywhere with my classes apart from Dragoncraft and maybe Havencraft. I somehow managed to pull 3 Dragonsong Flutes, so I made a deck based around it which turned out pretty okay. (At least at around the D-ranks). Not exactly sure if I can build any other kind of decks with the cards I have. I sold a bunch of runecraft cards though, but it's not exactly my type of play style and I don't quite enjoy it. I'm hoping to get some adivice too because I'm still pretty new to this game. 

Spoiler

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Edited by Limerence_

13 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

It's like... half the fun is the learning experience, I suppose: "Wait, if I use these two cards together then... Wow, I just unlost this game!"; figuring out combos and strategies on my own can be satisfying -- and in a twisted way, losing to an opponent with one health can be, too.

Dunno about you, but that's the only way I can really learn these things. I can be told the theory about certain things, but it rarely goes in unless I've experimented with it on my own accord. It's partially knowing when to do things, not just what to do.

I'm still yet to beat Havencraft though, so perhaps you should play me if you wanna win a few easy games? :sachi:

3 hours ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I'm still yet to beat Havencraft though, so perhaps you should play me if you wanna win a few easy games? :sachi:

I may yet find a way to lose against you.

Somehow, my current Havencraft deck has a grand total of 5 amulets. In theory, this isn't quite supposed to happen, I think.