Shadowverse

Kaguya

8 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I may yet find a way to lose against you.

Somehow, my current Havencraft deck has a grand total of 5 amulets. In theory, this isn't quite supposed to happen, I think.

That's... impressive. I think you're right, that's not technically supposed to be the case.

For everyone wanting to try this game - make sure to change  voices to japanese.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788439931

English dubbing is meh at best, and in story mode it's just a pure garbage (sometimes characters don't even talk about the same things that they do in orginal japanese version).

Edited by Zantax

On 18/11/2016 at 4:43 PM, Zantax said:

For everyone wanting to try this game - make sure to change  voices to japanese.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788439931

English dubbing is meh at best, and in story mode it's just a pure garbage (sometimes characters don't even talk about the same things that they do in orginal japanese version).

Putting aside the quality of the voice acting, they don't need to say the same things, just convey the general story really.
I actually liked the English script for the Havencraft leader. I played it with Japanese dubbing, and whereas the Japanese version seemed more lost and acceptant of her fate having to fight the monsters, the English version kept saying "Wait, we don't need to fight, I don't want to hurt you" and I really liked that.

Purely subjective of course.

31 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

vQb6Otr.jpg

Did it! Highest ranking. Aw yeah. Now for my shiny "master of shadowverse" title <3 

As for Tiago, there's no super obvious decks to be made out of your cards. If you don't care about the meta in particular, feel free to play around and figure stuff out.

Seeing as how my no amulets deck seems to lack effectiveness (though I won a match with it! Out of some four) I am trying one with all my amulets. Some 33, I think. This one seems a bit more effective, though I'm a bit too vulnerable with nothing to defend my leader.
Time to spam ward cards next!

Just now, Mr Poltroon said:

I actually liked the English script for the Havencraft leader. I played it with Japanese dubbing, and whereas the Japanese version seemed more lost and acceptant of her fate having to fight the monsters, the English version kept saying "Wait, we don't need to fight, I don't want to hurt you" and I really liked that.

Well, you just confirmed yourself that characters' personality created by story mode in japanese version is different than created in english version. While, as you said, some people may like english version more I still don't think it's fine making that kind of changes.

Also japanese version have such voice actors as Tomokazu Sugita, Kikuko Inoue and Rie Kugimiya - there is no way I would choose any english voice actor over those ^^

Just now, Zantax said:

Well, you just confirmed yourself that characters' personality created by story mode in japanese version is different than created in english version. While, as you said, some people may like english version more I still don't think it's fine making that kind of changes.

Also japanese version have such voice actors as Tomokazu Sugita, Kikuko Inoue and Rie Kugimiya - there is no way I would choose any english voice actor over those ^^

True enough. I don't believe the versions must be the same, but I'm sure there are people who do. With my very limited Japanese knowledge, I guess I get a bit of both worlds ^^

• 1 month later...

Turns out a friend of mine just started playing this game.
When I told him I'd played it before he told me we should play together but to "go easy on him" who has only just finished the main story for a character.

Of course, I didn't go easy on him.
Of course, I lost all six games against him.

I told him at the time that I'm really bad at this kind of game. He refused to believe me. Ha! Take a dose of reality, then!