Himawari to Koi no Kioku by MORE on Steam Greenlight

Veshurik

Holy crap, the art in this is stunning... I feel like a scrub not having known of this game before. Adds to backlog.

Anyways, I hope whoever TLed the summary isn't the one who TLs the game, cuz... if so, RIP western readers.

Story
It is an important youth that can never be redone

Only one time of youth in my life.
Go out with friends,
Try hard to make my dream come true,
And fell in love.
But hero of Ishigami school Second grade was idle in the middle of youth.
The hero who wants to change something.
But he can not take action for that.
Such a hero met girls to have each troubles.

Ai Tsukinoura who says that I am bad.
Akane Oginohama who adores to shine.
Shiori Hebita searches for Ghosts.
Kana Mizuosi want to return relationships with my friends.

The hero gradually will have a special youth with their girls.
It is an important youth that can never be redone.

:michiru: W-What? :michiru:

1 minute ago, Veshurik said:

They says, that "we are in the middle of development". I immediatly though about half-translation, don't know what they can mean by this. 

They released Greenlight 8th of November. On 9th thanks to English people's comments they said they are considering English release and added description and few screenshots. It is not set in stone if they are even releasing it in English in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

They released Greenlight 8th of November. On 9th thanks to English people's comments they said they are considering English release and added description and few screenshots. It is not set in stone if they are even releasing it in English in the first place. 

Ah, now understood, thanks. Interesting principle - go on Steam Greenlight and watch comments "English, pls", and decide to release your product in English. 

45 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Holy crap, the art in this is stunning... I feel like a scrub not having known of this game before. Adds to backlog.

Anyways, I hope whoever TLed the summary isn't the one who TLs the game, cuz... if so, RIP western readers.

:michiru: W-What? :michiru:

Well, at least it's on par with debonosu's story summaries (it doesn't mean it has been written by the same person who will translate the game).

EDIT:

The usual high school students with no sense of rebellion (where are my takumi nishijou-like protagonists in this sort of stories?), the usual japanese high school they try to enbellish even if it's rotten to the roots, like all their crappy school sistem , the usual fucking piano... I like visual novel but I'm getting more and more fed up with this sort of things...

While I agree with Dergonu that the art is stunning, I don't have much hopes for this, it's a Steam release of an 18+ visual novel and by the looks of it, I think this is a cheap cash grab, the TL (if it will be done at all) looks like it's done by a native Japanese speaker ... I already got two instant red flags for this so I am not really expecting anything out of this, better read it in Japanese if you can :) But I am kind of surprised they picked up a very long (30-50 hours) VN as a first VN for Steam ...

So, do we have sun flower season now with one Himawari title announced after another? :huh:

It has Sexual Content 3.0 on VNDB which makes the question about an 18+ release quite interesting. If my Heart had Wings is tagged with Sexual Content 2.2 which was enough that more than half of the CG's were cut out in the all ages release. Hmmmmm... <_<

25 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

I wonder if the people here even think before posting...

If they are releasing the game for JP audience and adding new CGs how is it a cash grab?

The original game was also 9000 yen on release and now they are going for a 3000 yen price.

I said "if it will be done at all" (referring to an English TL) ... I know it's meant for JP audience but if they intend to do the English TL, it needs to be done by somebody who knows how to do it. Not by somebody that they intend to pay in peanuts. That's where my "cheap cash grabbing" comes from ... And I didn't know about the prices.

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I said "if it will be done at all" (referring to an English TL) ... I know it's meant for JP audience but if they intend to do the English TL, it needs to be done by somebody who knows how to do it. Not by somebody that they intend to pay in peanuts. That's where my "cheap cash grabbing" comes from ... And I didn't know about the prices.

Wasn't directly aimed at you :P

But they clearly do care about the game and won't censor it horribly like Konosora (they are adding new CGs.) I don't get why people need to always be so negative. They were already nice enough to actually consider the English release because asked and put up something in a single day.

1 minute ago, Kiriririri said:

Wasn't directly aimed at you :P

Ahaha, sorry then :D I just found myself there then by mistake :)

2 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

But they clearly do care about the game and won't censor it horribly like Konosora (they are adding new CGs.) I don't get why people need to always be so negative. They were already nice enough to actually consider the English release because asked and put up something in a single day.

That's true but sometimes I'd rather prefer no English release than a bad English release :D The fact that they want to expand is nice but I don't want them to screw up badly on their first entry into the new market :)

36 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

On occasion I wonder if "good art" means more shine plastered into the CGs, backgrounds and sprites, because every time I see art being praised it's either that or a washed out colour.

Thankfully, I like all of it, I just don't quite get what makes this "good". :shrug:

I'm a sucker for this sort of style. I can't quite put my finger on how to describe it as I'm no art major. Mel Kishida artwork is a good example of the style I love, and this sort of falls in line with that. 

being made available on steam or not doesnt really matter much to me, since almost every title of theirs ended up falling flat, btw started to bore me out whilst reading through, mostly due to its fairly underwhelmingly written characters/semi-mediocre drama aka pulltop syndrom.

Edited by XReaper