"Re: Sharin no Kuni Project" Kickstarter preview page is up

trickzzter

No one will be surprised to hear, but the re-launched campaign just hit 100% funded on their $80k goal. We'll see if they make the stretch goals now, I suppose, but I don't think I'm especially interested in any of them, so it's all the same to me. I'm rather looking forward to this one, since I never played the old release (and certainly have no intention to do so now). On the one hand, August 2017 is a long way off still, but it's not a ton of time on the scale of VN localization; sounds like a tough but achievable goal.

I care about more content (the fandisc stuff), but not if it's not supposed to be particularly good.  As for the Vita version ... well, I own a Vita, but I don't really need another copy of the game for it.

I might change my mind if it turns out that I really like it when I do play it, in which case I might want it on my Vita to re-read (say) on the train sometime.  But I haven't played it yet.  This is why Steins;Gate is the only VN I own for the Vita (technically, my Root Double pledge comes with one, but I don't even know if that reward came out yet) - and that's because I played it when Jast released it, so when I heard the Vita version was coming out I was like "sold!" (mostly to encourage them to release more, but also so I could play it again).

7 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

I care about more content (the fandisc stuff), but not if it's not supposed to be particularly good.  As for the Vita version ... well, I own a Vita, but I don't really need another copy of the game for it.

The reason to get a Vita physical version is because after the years the PC physical version may not be compatible or may have compatibility issues with newer computer builds, while on Vita it will always work as intended.

Edited by Nier

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, novurdim said:

Second stretch goal is smashed with 36 hours still remaining. LRG's mail campaign about the physical vita-version+successful Thunderclap timely combined with the ending spurt worked wonders for their KS.

The Muv Luv Kickstarter plugging them in their KS update helped a lot too.  Dies Irae got a big bump from that too.

Edited by Basileus777

5 hours ago, Basileus777 said:

The Muv Luv Kickstarter plugging them in their KS update helped a lot too.  Dies Irae got a big bump from that too.

Of course, but it was a long time ago and after a quick bump of around 8k it went back to its sluggish self so you can't say it made a key difference.

A bit disappointed they didn't think of any new stretch goals, looks like FW didn't expect to get this far. 

1 hour ago, novurdim said:

Of course, but it was a long time ago and after a quick bump of around 8k it went back to its sluggish self so you can't say it made a key difference.

A bit disappointed they didn't think of any new stretch goals, looks like FW didn't expect to get this far. 

8k is a key difference. You're not likely to get a sustained stream of new backers in the middle of a KS.

Edited by Basileus777

1 hour ago, SpeedBeatz said:

While we don't have any extra stretch goals planned, I'm sure the team will come up with something nice to do with the extra funds raised.

How about give your translation staff a bonus if the lower base goal this time around means they're getting paid less. :P

3 hours ago, SpeedBeatz said:

While we don't have any extra stretch goals planned, I'm sure the team will come up with something nice to do with the extra funds raised.

You could localize the artbook/sketchbook that was sold along with G-senjou no mao 1st print.

(or rather... the rest of it)

Edited by WinterfuryZX

• 4 months later...

The "routes" are super short and are basically just a couple h-scenes for each girl, a few lines of changed dialogue throughout the main story, and then a very short epilogue for each girl. So Blick is doing like 95% of the work it seems? I guess he didn't want to do the h-scenes. Well, whatever, Blick is good, Cafe is good, never heard of the other person but they're probably good.

Edited by Decay

• 5 years later...

I revived the thread because Frontwing finally has the updates to share, with the most important update is that they'll release it in August later. They also mentioned that they have problem with screen resolution changing function, so they decided to scrap the plan and just release the VN as it is. For the detail, it'll be 16:9 for all age version (Because the only version with that resolution is XBOX 360 version which removed the sex scenes) and 4:3 for 18+ version.

As for the fiasco, while I think that Frontwing really waste their time with working on screen resolution change, at least they're willingly to address the minor complain in which some did complain on how 16:9 version of G-Senjou crop the CG from the original resolution (4:3). Also we should give a point to Frontwing to willing to work on the Config menu for years, despite that Sharin option is far more simple than Config menu for the original Kunado (Which Shiravune got flak because they chose to port the VN and removed several features in Config menu to save time) and thus there's no need to port it.

Edited by littleshogun