Finally here, Himawari -The Sunflower- released

littleshogun

I've solved the text artifacting issue.

Step 1: Add 960x544 as a custom resolution to your GPU Driver's control program. For NVIDIA, you go into the "Change Resolution" screen, click on "Customize...", then "Create custom resolution." Input 960x544, click test, hit yes, then accept. 960x544 should appear as a custom resolution in your resolution list. It will look something like this. At this point, you should also make sure that in the "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" screen you have it set to "Aspect Ratio," "GPU," and to Override program settings. It should look like this. (edit: If you have AMD, I have no idea how to do this, sorry.)

Step 2: Go into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Frontwing\Himawari -The Sunflower-\. From there, edit config.xml with a text editor, and find the "no_full_res" option, set it to 0. Then scroll down and find "full_height" and "full_width", set those to 544 and 960 respectively. If you don't set that resolution correctly, it will display at 960x544, but it will still apply weird filtering causing artifacts.

With that, you should have a proper full screen rendered at 960x544 with no crappy artifacting.

Edited by Decay

I'd highly advise people to use the original music from the doujin version, instead of the remastered soundtrack. It's way better than the new songs made for the remake and the difference is overwheling; the new music sounds incredibly bland and generic, even though it's based on the same exact compositions. On the other hand, the doujin soundtrack really sets the mood for whatever's going on the screen.

7 hours ago, Decay said:

I've solved the text artifacting issue.

Step 1: Add 960x544 as a custom resolution to your GPU Driver's control program. For NVIDIA, you go into the "Change Resolution" screen, click on "Customize...", then "Create custom resolution." Input 960x544, click test, hit yes, then accept. 960x544 should appear as a custom resolution in your resolution list. It will look something like this. At this point, you should also make sure that in the "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" screen you have it set to "Aspect Ratio," "GPU," and to Override program settings. It should look like this. (edit: If you have AMD, I have no idea how to do this, sorry.)

Step 2: Go into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Frontwing\Himawari -The Sunflower-\. From there, edit config.xml with a text editor, and find the "no_full_res" option, set it to 0. Then scroll down and find "full_height" and "full_width", set those to 544 and 960 respectively. If you don't set that resolution correctly, it will display at 960x544, but it will still apply weird filtering causing artifacts.

With that, you should have a proper full screen rendered at 960x544 with no crappy artifacting.

This will display the game in forced 960x544 fullscreen mode on higher resolution screens; not really a workaround, since you're sacrificing the rescaling to get rid of the text artifacting, which is most propably caused by the renderer itself. In other words, it won't be any different than playing it in windowed mode, except the image will be stretched on your entire screen. The whole point of rescaling on fly is to allow people with far larger resolutions to have a decent looking art without sacrificing it's quality too much. I also won't really agree that it's crappy; it's actually surprisingly decent. Most propably because the game relies more on digitally painted assets, rather than ultra crisp, cell shaded cg's and those tend to look bad with upscales.

Actually, I think what causes the artifacting is the sloppy resolution itself, so there's no real way to actually get rid of it except for turning off all the graphic filtering, or remaking the whole game in more compatible formats.

To be honest, I already got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all. I was quite worried how the graphics will look onscreen with such resolution, but now I'm preety content. It's not bad and game still looks gorgeous, but I play on a 5:4 1024p 19" screen, so yeah. It might make a difference. People with large screens might suffer from it the most.

I have to admit the lack of "Quit" option in the main menu is mindboogling, though :chaika:

Edited by Narcosis

50 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

This will display the game in forced 960x544 fullscreen mode on higher resolution screens; not really a workaround, since you're sacrificing the rescaling to get rid of the text artifacting, which is most propably caused by the renderer itself. In other words, it won't be any different than playing it in windowed mode, except the image will be stretched on your entire screen. The whole point of rescaling on fly is to allow people with far larger resolutions to have a decent looking art without sacrificing it's quality too much. I also won't really agree that it's crappy; it's actually surprisingly decent. Most propably because the game relies more on digitally painted assets, rather than ultra crisp, cell shaded cg's and those tend to look bad with upscales.

This isn't necessarily true. The Nvidia driver does its own scaling that looks better than simple stretching.

edit: Or maybe it's my monitor doing it, I'm not sure. Either way, it definitely looks better than simple stretching. 

Edited by Decay

Try this a bit, and yes the option was indeed quite limited (At least it allow us to save, though it should be staple for any game nowadays though). At least from what we could see in config, and it could be confusing for any people who tried it first. What I want to said is that there's no option to skip and change to windows or full screen in the option, instead it was mapped at F1 to F12 button. Other than limited option thing, I think I had no problem for other aspect here especially in regard of the font for now (Although if some of the user her had problem with that just follow Decay steps there).

More people need to be talking about this game. I've played the first two "episodes" so far and man, it's rather incredible. The first episode was practically a moege, with large amounts of relaxed slice of life comedy and very light drama until the last fifth or so. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it was actually very funny and cozy, executing its intent extremely well. The second episode was a stark change of pace and almost oppressively melancholic, but still gripping all the way through. And that ending, holy crap. 

The way this game handles routes and such is strange. There are a few branches from a common trunk and also another entirely separate story mixed in at some point, followed by two "side stories" that are apparently plot critical and are included in this version of the game. The route order, however, is strictly enforced. The game forces you to see everything in a set order, even if you pick choices for other heroines. So for flavor reasons, you should pick the choices that pertain to the heroine who is the focus of the current episode, except the game doesn't actually tell you who that is. I'll spoil the route order here so people can pick the thematic choices if they so choose.

Spoiler

1) Aries
2) Separate scenario with no routes
3) Aqua
4) Asuka

Komorebi & Kagerou side stories

Aqua After (Untranslated)

Edited by Decay

I just started to check if everything is working fine. And I must say - first few track in soundtrack are uncomparably better in old versions than jazzy, strange and wacky new ones. Definitelly will be sticking to the old soundtrack.

Also - I saw a few things on twitter that makes me worry, and much less excited about this title. Screens in spoiler, but non spoilery.

Spoiler

Terrible premise. Typical 'vn cancer'.
NNFWe8i.jpg

Moe crap.
IDzR7Cp.jpg

Translation with 'hip and cool' words.
YN5L87Q.jpg

So...yeah. But less hype = better enjoyment if it turns out to be realy great.

Also my friend says that his gut is telling him, that Himawari will turn out just like Sharin no Kuni ("classic, greatest vn ever", which in reality is just an incredible crap), but I refuse to believe him.

I'm interested in this VN since people talked it up but don't know much about it

Only thing I know is it starts off slice of life-y (which I dont mind since I like that stuff a lot) but then it has lots of interesting character development and plot twists related to the enforced route order?

18 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

I'm interested in this VN since people talked it up but don't know much about it

Only thing I know is it starts off slice of life-y (which I dont mind since I like that stuff a lot) but then it has lots of interesting character development and plot twists related to the enforced route order?

15 hours ago, Decay said:

More people need to be talking about this game. I've played the first two "episodes" so far and man, it's rather incredible. The first episode was practically a moege, with large amounts of relaxed slice of life comedy and very light drama until the last fifth or so. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it was actually very funny and cozy, executing its intent extremely well. The second episode was a stark change of pace and almost oppressively melancholic, but still gripping all the way through. And that ending, holy crap. 

The way this game handles routes and such is strange. There are a few branches from a common trunk and also another entirely separate story mixed in at some point, followed by two "side stories" that are apparently plot critical and are included in this version of the game. The route order, however, is strictly enforced. The game forces you to see everything in a set order, even if you pick choices for other heroines. So for flavor reasons, you should pick the choices that pertain to the heroine who is the focus of the current episode, except the game doesn't actually tell you who that is. I'll spoil the route order here so people can pick the thematic choices if they so choose.

I know, right?

Himawari is quite unusual in a couple ways, including it's overall scenario and route design, as well as choices. The game has indeed an enforced playthrough order, but this isn't a drawback of any sort. The truth is, it makes the story a lot more solid, because it reads like an actual sci-fi book, rather than a typical vn, where each route has a completely separate ending.

In overall, it actually goes like this - first playthrough is locked to common route and revolves mostly around Aries. The second episode is actually a prologue to the whole story, happening two years before the accident and mostly focuses on Aqua, but also reveals the past of Himawari. When it ends (:tears:), you're basically back to the present time and off to replay common route, with one exception - heroine routes are now unlocked. The actual order goes like this:

Spoiler
  1. Aqua + Aries within Aqua's "bad end" branch (very important, don't skip)
  2. Asuka
  3. Komorebi & Kagerou side stories
  4. Bonus stories within the Tips section (Youichi and Aoi)
  5. Aqua After (Aqua & Cosmos, not translated, highly recommended)

Every single bad ending happens for a reason. In other words - they are a part of the story. It's not the sort of "bad choice man, game over". Some of them are short, others get quite lenghty at times. You shouldn't skip them, as they often reveal a lot of informaton about characters.

It's hard to discuss Himawari without completely spoiling anything, but I'd say the 2048 Arc along with Aqua's route are propably the most memorable parts of the game. The ending you get on your first playthrough is a tearjerker as well. There's a lot of great drama and fantastic character development going on in overall and the sci-fi parts along with main theme are well executed. Playing the common route for the first time is barely scratching the surface of the whole story. Nothing is really what you see and characters break from classic stereotypes, you will often gawk, either amazed or bewildered. Once you finish the 2048 Arc (Second Chapter), you will literally see everyone in a new light. You will root for them - even the bad guys - as they interact with eachother, have fun, fight and overcome their difficulties. It makes the whole cast truly memorable. Romance in Himawari is incredibly tender and sweet; it does not skip on the "spicy" bits, but presents them from a more mature standpoint. Goo did the right choice, removing the actual h-scenes, as they were simply downgrading the emotional impact carried with each of the gals.

It's a near masterpiece for a doujin work. This of course wouldn't be possible without @garejei and @Conjueror, who did an awesome job with the translation. You have everything, you'd ever want - great pacing and flow, lots of good/silly humor with a fun hint of dirtytalking and sexual innuendos, ton of suprisingly well executed drama (mostly psychological), good science fiction (again, great and well executed idea in overall) and excellent romance (like, really - read Aqua's route and you'll see for yourself). It's worth to note, that unlike many other games, Himawari is a story, where every single route compliments further parts of the game. It partially reveals information in small bits scattered here and there, along with the troubled pasts of characters and at the same time, manages to remain tense and mysterious. You don't get separate endings. You follow Youichi, as he struggles against odds and inner issues - his past and those of others - to bring happiness to everyone around him, even though he clearly knows it's near impossible to achieve; this is clearly visible, as you progress through the game and a really good choice in terms of storytelling, because it makes the story feel complete.

Again, be sure to use the original doujin soundtrack. There's a huge difference between it and music from the remake, making everything a lot more immersive and atmospheric; this especially includes the entirety of the Second Chapter and a lot of important scenes lose their impact due to inferior music from the remake.

0162.png

Can't wait to discuss who's best girl :makina:

Edited by Narcosis

40 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

There are plot twists, but don't expect it to be a super deep and involved mystery thriller. It's a character drama first and foremost. Someone made a pretty good post on what Himawari is and isn't on Reddit, here.

11 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

I just started to check if everything is working fine. And I must say - first few track in soundtrack are uncomparably better in old versions than jazzy, strange and wacky new ones. Definitelly will be sticking to the old soundtrack.

Also - I saw a few things on twitter that makes me worry, and much less excited about this title. Screens in spoiler, but non spoilery.

Reveal hidden contents

Terrible premise. Typical 'vn cancer'.
NNFWe8i.jpg

Moe crap.
IDzR7Cp.jpg

Translation with 'hip and cool' words.
YN5L87Q.jpg

So...yeah. But less hype = better enjoyment if it turns out to be realy great.

Also my friend says that his gut is telling him, that Himawari will turn out just like Sharin no Kuni ("classic, greatest vn ever", which in reality is just an incredible crap), but I refuse to believe him.

The opening, like I said before, is pretty much straight out of a moege. You're going to have to deal with that if you want to get to the "real" Himawari. Although I personally find the opening to be much more amusing and interesting than most moege. I say this as a fan of that genre, though, so I don't know how it will be for someone who isn't.

As for that specific translation criticism, creative word use is bad, now? That's not even getting liberal, that's just using something other than the first entry that comes up in Jisho. I actually do disagree with the use of "shitfaced" here, that word seems out of character for Youichi. "Wasted," or "plastered" would have been better, but it's a minor issue. There's nothing wrong with using "cool and hip" words if you think they fit better in the existing script.

Now, what you should prepare yourself for is a pretty liberal translation overall. They very clearly translated this expecting it to go onto the voiceless doujin version, and that shows. I think the translation is rather good overall, but there are a couple things I'm not all that fond of. I actually wish I was writing them down as I encountered them because I've forgotten about some of my complaints, lol. One of the ones that stands out the most is how they translate some interjections as entire phrases. Stuff like "Ehhh!?" into "Are you serious!?" or whatever. That was just a random example I made up because I forgot the specific examples. Those kinds of emotive exclamations are universal, and have a lot of meaning in English as well. Perhaps they do it more in Japan but that's not a great reason to convert them into entire phrases.

This wouldn't have been noticeable if we had the original unvoiced doujin, but alas. Even then, I would disagree with that move, it's better to leave it up to the reader's imagination what their interjection means. On a couple occasions, I actually disagreed outright with the translation's interpretation. It does take balls for a translator to do this, though. They have to be fully confident that theirs is the one true interpretation. It's just that pretty often there isn't actually one true interpretation, but multiple valid ones. You end up removing possible readings from it by ascribing to it one specific meaning, and consequently creating a lot of room for disagreement.

I think it's clear that this was Conj and Gare's first VN translation, Tokyo Babel was better translated in my opinion. It also seems more poorly proofread, with a fair amount of spelling and grammatical errors. But, like I said, it's pretty good overall.

Edited by Decay

47 minutes ago, Decay said:

There are plot twists, but don't expect it to be a super deep and involved mystery thriller. It's a character drama first and foremost. Someone made a pretty good post on what Himawari is and isn't on Reddit, here.

The opening, like I said before, is pretty much straight out of a moege. You're going to have to deal with that if you want to get to the "real" Himawari. Although I personally find the opening to be much more amusing and interesting than most moege. I say this as a fan of that genre, though, so I don't know how it will be for someone who isn't.

As for that specific translation criticism, creative word use is bad, now? That's not even getting liberal, that's just using something other than the first entry that comes up in Jisho. I actually do disagree with the use of "shitfaced" here, that word seems out of character for Youichi. "Wasted," or "plastered" would have been better, but it's a minor issue. There's nothing wrong with using "cool and hip" words if you think they fit better in the existing script.

Now, what you should prepare yourself for is a pretty liberal translation overall. They very clearly translated this expecting it to go onto the voiceless doujin version, and that shows. I think the translation is rather good overall, but there are a couple things I'm not all that fond of. I actually wish I was writing them down as I encountered them because I've forgotten about some of my complaints, lol. One of the ones that stands out the most is how they translate some interjections as entire phrases. Stuff like "Ehhh!?" into "Are you serious!?" or whatever. That was just a random example I made up because I forgot the specific examples. Those kinds of emotive exclamations are universal, and have a lot of meaning in English as well. Perhaps they do it more in Japan but that's not a great reason to convert them into entire phrases.

This wouldn't have been noticeable if we had the original unvoiced doujin, but alas. Even then, I would disagree with that move, it's better to leave it up to the reader's imagination what their interjection means. On a couple occasions, I actually disagreed outright with the translation's interpretation. It does take balls for a translator to do this, though. They have to be fully confident that theirs is the one true interpretation. It's just that pretty often there isn't actually one true interpretation, but multiple valid ones. You end up removing possible readings from it by ascribing to it one specific meaning, and consequently creating a lot of room for disagreement.

I think it's clear that this was Conj and Gare's first VN translation, Tokyo Babel was better translated in my opinion. It also seems more poorly proofread, with a fair amount of spelling and grammatical errors. But, like I said, it's pretty good overall.

I actually didn't realize we left "shitfaced" in, lol. That actually comes from my ancient script from way before I even met Gare or thought it would go anywhere. We probably should have edited it to "wasted" like you say, but I guess we found it funny at the time or smth.

We didn't know the game would have voices, yeah. And also we've never really played many visual novels in English before, so our main inspiration was stuff like Phoenix Wright or Final Fantasy games, which are all dubbed. Though I dunno, I personally thought getting a bit creative with interjections made the script have more character (it definitely took more effort than just transcribing them xD). I think our confidence was boosted by the fact we were double checking and greenlighting all each other lines and that I had read the game so many times I could pretty much recite it from memory. I feel the main reason TB doesn't have as much of that was because we'd gotten lazy, lol.

For the proofreading, ugh, I had to do a lot of last minute changes to the text in a hurry because of the censorship thing and a few other matters after the beta test, and they never got edited or proofread. I think most of the typos come from that, unfortunately.

Ah, and I forgot to mention that there might be a few lines that don't match the voice perfectly because they are related to the uncensored version of the game (our base was the original doujin version).
I had to re-read the entire game to make sure the script was consistent with censorship and even I couldn't tell whether some stuff came from the old text or were just liberal takes sometimes (that was some damn needle in a haystack fun -_-).

Edited by Conjueror

7 hours ago, Decay said:

No, no, creative use of words it's appreciated. If it fits. And if words like 'shitfaced' fits to the character....I'm then not sure if I want to know this character. ;)

Rest of your post made me worry...but at least now I'm prepared for it, so it will not hurt as much. 

7 hours ago, Conjueror said:

For the proofreading, ugh, I had to do a lot of last minute changes to the text in a hurry because of the censorship thing and a few other matters after the beta test, and they never got edited or proofread. I think most of the typos come from that, unfortunately.

@Conjueror If I may ask, I see you're using the word "censorship" quite a bit. Mind elaborating on that part? I thought you're preety much fine with the way Himawari looks now. From my perspective, it's hard to call something "censored", if it didn't had anything to remove in the first place... unless MG forced you to rewrite and tone down the script more?

Edited by Narcosis

5 hours ago, Decay said:

While we're nitpicking, can I complain about it being "alright" in episode 1 yet "all right" in episode 2? Pick one and stick with it! :P

That was intentional, actually. Characters that are rougher use "alright" (Youichi, Asuka, Daigo), and characters that are more outspoken use "all right" (Aqua, Aries, Ginga).
I think it came to be because we tried to emulate Aries' awkward speech pattern by never using contractions with her (she's supposed to sound like a mix of a child and a computer), and "alright" felt kinda contractiony and not computer like to us.
Episode 2 is narrated from Aqua's perspective so the voice of the narration changes.

Hmm, I'm worried we made a lot of subtle decisions like that but very few people got it because they are used to trying to find faults with the translation instead of interpreting the English text on face value... like the Oniichan joke I figured to adapt into a weeaboo joke, but most ppl just thought we were being inconsistent. I wonder if it's a better idea to play safe than try to be creative in this business (I had some mainstream ppl complain about our translations being too literal too, so I'm very conflicted, heh).

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

@Conjueror If I may ask, I see you're using the word "censorship" quite a bit. Mind elaborating on that part? I thought you're preety much fine with the way Himawari looks now. From my perspective, it's hard to call something "censored", if it didn't had anything to remove in the first place... unless MG forced you to rewrite and tone down the script more?

Ah, I'm sorry. It was a poor choice of words. I just had to go through the text and soften some pretty heavy 18+ jokes and change mentions of whiskey to Jun'ichi.

Like, when Aqua catches Daigo watching anime on TV and then he has that whole lecture about magical girls... well, she actually catches him masturbating to porn in the original, and he has a lecture about sex instead.

It wasn't many lines and nothing that would affect the overall context, but it was pretty hard to spot all the subtle stuff. xD

35 minutes ago, Conjueror said:

Hmm, I'm worried we made a lot of subtle decisions like that but very few people got it because they are used to trying to find faults with the translation instead of interpreting the English text on face value... like the Oniichan joke I figured to adapt into a weeaboo joke, but most ppl just thought we were being inconsistent. I wonder if it's a better idea to play safe than try to be creative in this business (I had some mainstream ppl complain about our translations being too literal too, so I'm very conflicted, heh).

Don't worry, I actually got all of these and I'm sure many others did as well. Maybe it's because I'm at the learning stage - I tend to stick more to english, than japanese, although I have little issue understanding majority of spoken lines by now; I typically don't worry when translations get more liberal, as long as it syncs with the english image of the narrative, as well as flow of the text. To be honest, I prefer creativity over verbativity; if something sounds more fun in english than japanese, you should stick with that instead trying to forcefully bring in the context from the original. That said, there were a couple of bits I cought from listening that didn't really fit with the text displayed, but that's propably what you meant with Himawari's TL based on the original doujin version, so no biggie. I presume it would still be worth to give the game a skim in the free time and try to polish the text a little bit. Playing the remake for yourself would propably be the best bet, if you haven't done it yet.

35 minutes ago, Conjueror said:

Ah, I'm sorry. It was a poor choice of words. I just had to go through the text and soften some pretty heavy 18+ jokes and change mentions of whiskey to Jun'ichi.

Hide contents

Like, when Aqua catches Daigo watching anime on TV and then he has that whole lecture about magical girls... well, she actually catches him masturbating to porn in the original, and he has a lecture about sex instead.

It wasn't many lines and nothing that would affect the overall context, but it was pretty hard to spot all the subtle stuff. xD

That makes sense and I don't mind it at all.

by the way, if I may ask one more thing - any plans to call FW along with MG, and ask them, whether they'd be interested to remake Aqua After? As I see it, it'd fit well as a paid DLC, especially in terms with Steam version. I'm only worried the poor sales so far might actually prevent that from ever hapenning. Would you and Gare consider translating it, though, if given a chance?

Edited by Narcosis

The oniichan thing made sense to me, but I totally didn't pick up on alright/all right. Perhaps that's a bit too subtle?

edit: I guess perhaps the bigger issue is that I find such inconsistencies in a professionally translated VN to be plausible?

Edited by Decay

1 hour ago, Conjueror said:

and change mentions of whiskey to Jun'ichi

By the way, from your earlier comments I got the impression that you guys managed to bring back the mentions of real alcohol (with junichi some scenes really do look somewhat silly), was it one of the changes you mentioned on MG blog that GO persuaded you to keep in the end? 

40 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

by the way, if I may ask one more thing - any plans to call FW along with MG, and ask them, whether they'd be interested to remake Aqua After? As I see it, it'd fit well as a paid DLC, especially in terms with Steam version. I'm only worried the poor sales so far might actually prevent that from ever hapenning. Would you and Gare consider translating it, though, if given a chance?

I think it all depends on sales in the end. I doubt FW will want to remake Aqua After, but I don't think it would be completely beyond the realm of possibility for MG to try to work with the actual doujin company to bring it over. The fact that it looks like a completely different game because of art now makes things more complicated though, but I'd love to tl it, yes.

38 minutes ago, Decay said:

The oniichan thing made sense to me, but I totally didn't pick up on alright/all right. Perhaps that's a bit too subtle?

edit: I guess perhaps the bigger issue is that I find such inconsistencies in a professionally translated VN to be plausible?

Haha, I even found inconsistent use of "alright" and "all right" in the Last of Us subtitles (said by the same character), so yeah... I was actually half sure this would happen.
Still, I do think that it's a bit harder to do that kind of thing in a VN because people are REALLY used to bad translations and inconsistencies in this field, and are on a constant lookout for them. You can trust MG more, guys!!

9 minutes ago, novurdim said:

By the way, from your earlier comments I got the impression that you guys managed to bring back the mentions of real alcohol (with junichi some scenes really do look somewhat silly), was it one of the changes you mentioned on MG blog that GO persuaded you to keep in the end? 

Yeah. I would have had to cut a few scenes and make some even more obvious inconsistencies with voices in the others, and he didn't want that (just imagine that Jun'ichi is a codename for whiskey if it bothers you :P).

Edited by Conjueror

For those, interested in the soundtrack - I compiled a personal build, based on the original doujin version of the game. MP3, VBR 150-215kbps files.

The original game never had a fully available original soundtrack, aside from the portable version. The portable one consists of two CD's, albeit only with selected tracks; while the first CD consists of OP/ED and remixes, it's basically the same music used in the remake. That aside, the files within the original also had a variety of issues, mostly godawful sound engineering like clipping and lack of actual loops within loopable songs (lol). I fixed everything and reworked some of the files to constitute for the lack of available looping.

Consider this release a WIP, as it's missing a couple of songs from the Komorebi and Kagerou side stories; I'm planning to finalize everything in a couple days at most. It does contain all of the music from the main story, though.

There are two covers included (one with logo and a clean version) and should work well with anything, from mp3/mp4 players to smartphones and audio software. Some of the song names might be different than the original, as they are based on the naming directly from the sound files and doujin version, not the remake. You can also loop the tracks indefinitely and it's mostly what this release was meant for - to provide music for your listening pleasure, exactly as it plays ingame.

[DOWNLOAD]

Enjoy :illya:

All rights go to their respective owners.

Edited by Narcosis

Finally found myself time to start Himawari.
Wasn't too impressed with the first part of the game. It wasn't bad per say, but that kind of SoL wasn't really what I was looking for, not to mention I'm not a huge fan of clumsy oblivious characters like Aries. There were some good parts though, mainly Ginga going to wild tangents about whatever loosely scientific popped up in his mind. It started getting better near the end, but if I haven't heard so much praise for the rest of Himawari I probably would have quit somewhere on the way.

But I'm happy that I stuck with it, as come 2048 I felt the like I started playing a completely different game. Suddenly everything became much more interesting from narration to events and characters. I suddenly found myself really enjoying everything I was reading, and not just going through the story waiting for something interesting to happen. Can't wait to see what's waiting for me and from what I've heard I don't think I'll be disappointed!    

I just finished 2048 and it has actually sapped me of much of my enthusiasm for it.  The pacing was off, it just went on forever and felt like it would never end. The whole route should have been several hours shorter.  It doesn't help that I never really found

Spoiler

Aqua and Daigo's relationship all that convincing.  I was mostly creeped out by it and found Daigo more pathetic than anything. And the whole moon scenario at the end was a bit much.

Edited by Basileus777