Finally here, Himawari -The Sunflower- released

littleshogun

1 minute ago, novurdim said:

I have nothing to prove

Because everything the majority says is good must be good? Or because it's your point of view?

you just pointed out yourself how at the very least half (and actually almost every single one) of your critique is subjective gibberish

Did not. All I did was say that some of it could be disputed by people like you and that they don't get in the way of the plot directly.

There are no plotholes in your post, at best you are complaining about several cliches and exaggerations

I suggest you try re-reading it then. If you still can't find anything, maybe you should replay the game and pay more attention this time.

which of course makes you a big expert on writing.

I've stated an opinion. You still haven't. All you've been doing is giving out backhanded jabs while not revealing your cards. Come clean or get out.

38 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Yes, because obviously the values of the nitpicking guy's are. Which pretty much what all of his "critique" is, "muh values are better, GO is stupid", almost none of it has anything to do with writing like he claims so it's plain silly to even seriously argue with him. But it's always nice to know there are decent enough guys to defend him, you've done well.

I was referring to Narco's idea of morality, not his idea of the VN, so there's miscommunication there. 

Okay, well, I don't recognize your idea that I'm defending Funnerific. I objected to your demeanor and your logical fallacy, though I do admit I felt as if there was no need to come at him the way you did. 

Edited by Sovapex

7 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

Because everything the majority says is good must be good? Or because it's your point of view?

Because it should have been clear from the very beginning that I'm in no mood to argue why killing might be bad or how your disagreement with character conclusions or emotions are no plotholes (not to forget that I'm yet to play Asuka's route). Though I do agree that by 2050 Russia would also definitely land on the moon, what a disregard for the great space exploring country, almost ruined the game for me. But your random recitation is at least entertaining enough (even if sometimes in dire need for a real argumentation of whys, or it feels like you want your opponent to do all the work for you) for me to immaturely post sly jabs instead which doesn't paint me in a very enviable light, as that nice guy pointed out. You don't have to mind me, maybe I'll get back to you after finishing the game.

8 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Because it should have been clear from the very beginning that I'm in no mood to argue why killing might be bad or how your disagreement with character conclusions or emotions are no plotholes (not to forget that I'm yet to play Asuka's route). Though I do agree that by 2050 Russia would also definitely land on the moon, what a disregard for the great space exploring country, almost ruined the game for me. But your random recitation is at least entertaining enough (even if sometimes in dire need for a real argumentation of whys, or it feels like you want your opponent to do all the work for you) for me to immaturely post sly jabs instead which doesn't paint me in a very enviable light, as that nice guy pointed out. You don't have to mind me, maybe I'll get back to you after finishing the game.

Clever of you to pick out one of the most minor points on the list to make the whole set of argumentation look shabby. I'll be sure to give you a taste of your own medicine when you post your opinions, if you ever do.

I want my opponent to do all my work for me? No, I want them to use common sense and save me writing an essay. This is just a forum post, after all.

Edited by Funnerific

1 hour ago, novurdim said:

Though I do agree that by 2050 Russia would also definitely land on the moon, what a disregard for the great space exploring country, almost ruined the game for me.

I doubt it, I find pretty much plausible Japan will be the only country beside usa to land on the moon in 2032(?), I'd bet on the EU, though.

Keep in mind that there's been other unspecified 14 landings between daigo and daigo+aqua's crash

Edited by WinterfuryZX

8 hours ago, Timeless Wizard said:

I have read about half way through Aqua's route so far I think

Reveal hidden contents

On the space-plane to Earth with Daigo after Aqua got kidnapped

and I don't know if I really wanna continue. I'm not really enjoying it sadly. I got through Aries's route hoping I'll find Aqua's more interesting but I don't. i don't like most of the characters, and I really dislike Daigo. People say this route is the highlight of the VN and Asuka's route is a bit of a drop after Aqua's so I don't know if I should continue it. :mellow:

Read it. It gets much worse from now.  And at the same time - thematically - much better and more complex. You somehow 'miiight' like it.

8 hours ago, Timeless Wizard said:

I have read about half way through Aqua's route so far I think

Reveal hidden contents

On the space-plane to Earth with Daigo after Aqua got kidnapped

and I don't know if I really wanna continue. I'm not really enjoying it sadly. I got through Aries's route hoping I'll find Aqua's more interesting but I don't. i don't like most of the characters, and I really dislike Daigo. People say this route is the highlight of the VN and Asuka's route is a bit of a drop after Aqua's so I don't know if I should continue it. :mellow:

This isn't actually Aqua's route you're on, by the way.

1 hour ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I doubt it, I find pretty much plausible Japan will be the only country beside usa to land on the moon in 2032(?), I'd bet on the EU, though.

I don't believe that EU, which doesn't even have its own space program for crew vehicles outside hopelessly underdeveloped ESA which main goal is still unmanned orbit observation, would suddenly overtake the most technologically advanced country in the field. If there's anything Russia excels at, it's rockets, even US is still nowhere near and is forced to buy russian engines on the regular basis. But if you just don't like hearing the word "Russia", I'd also rather bet on China, to be honest. 

44 minutes ago, novurdim said:

I don't believe that EU, which doesn't even have its own space program for crew vehicles outside hopelessly underdeveloped ESA which main goal is still unmanned orbit observation, would suddenly overtake the most technologically advanced country in the field. If there's anything Russia excels at, it's rockets, even US is still nowhere near and is forced to buy russian engines on the regular basis. But if you just don't like hearing the word "Russia", I'd also rather bet on China, to be honest. 

The EU are at least smart enough to don't spend an enormous amount of money just to land on a huge worthless piece of dirt. We're not in the 1950s / 1960s anymore when this kind of waste of resources was considered 'cool'. :yumiko:

5 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

The EU are at least smart enough to don't spend an enormous amount of money just to land on a huge worthless piece of dirt. We're not in the 1950s / 1960s anymore when this kind of waste of resources was considered 'cool'. :yumiko:

Pffffft

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado — The European Space agency is pressing forward in its plans to set up a permanent human outpost on the moon.

This envisioned "moon village," a product of international collaboration between spacefaring nations, will be a base for science, business, mining and even tourism, Johann-Dietrich Wörner, director general of the European Space Agency (ESA), said here during the 32nd Space Symposium earlier this month.

The moon village would be open for use by ESA member states and other nations around the globe, Wörner said. ESA regards the moon as the next logical destination for humans beyond low Earth orbit, and utilizing Earth's nearest neighbor should pave the way for human missions to Mars, he added.

http://www.space.com/32695-moon-colony-european-space-agency.html

NASA has made it clear for the last half decade that it considers Mars the next destination for its astronauts. Nevertheless, since President Obama took the Moon off the table during a 2010 space policy speech, potential partners for NASA's "Journey to Mars" have fallen by the wayside.

Earlier this decade, both China and Russia, the two nations now capable of launching humans into space, signaled their intentions to first explore the Moon. Now they have been joined by arguably NASA's most important partner in the coming years, the European Space Agency (ESA). In a new video titled "The Moon Awakens," the agency says it will take lessons learned from the International Space Station and team with other interested partners to return humans to Earth’s natural satellite by the end of the next decade.

"This new exploration will be achieved not in competition, as in the past, but through peaceful, international cooperation," the narrator says. "Eventually we will see a sustained infrastructure for research and exploration where humans will live and work for prolonged periods. Here we will put into practice the lessons of the International Space Station, to establish a facility akin to those we see in Antarctica today. In the future the moon can become a place where the nations of the world work together."

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/01/sorry-nasa-europe-says-its-going-to-the-moon-instead-of-mars/

I still think China will get their first, though. They're planning an unmanned mission to the far side of the moon within 2 years, aiming to be the first country to land there.

Also the space race was quite important militarily. Only countries that can send a man to space have the technology to waste other countries from afar with ICBMs ... just saying.

Hey I read this thing. Kinda. 

I did the first route, then the 2048 one, and then I went back to 2050 and did the Aqua route. 

I'd play more but I could not bring myself to care less about Asuka even if I wanted to and at that point, having just done those two endings in Aqua's route, I just wanted to read more of Aries, since it seems like they could have a whole route of wonderfully twisted romance that I would buy into faster than a *insert appropriate animal/weird fast thing here* though it seems like that wasn't a thing.

It was alright. I mean, it was pretty good. I liked the 2048 segment, if only because reading from Aqua's perspective was fun.

I also really liked Daigo. And I liked Aries from the beginning + Aoi was a cutie. 

Also the adults were interesting to me. 

I can't say it was very deep until where I got and I think I got pretty far but maybe not. Either way, after the boring initial slog it was a fun ride.

2050 had too many characters I didn't care about, so that might've been why I thought that part dragged on like a bitch while I didn't  care for that in 2048 because I liked everyone around.  

15 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

- Text wall -

Yeah, I hear this utopic bla bla for decades now, but in reality relatively little happens. I start to believe if I see this 'giant galactic space station'. I wish the involved scientists the best of luck to solve the countless problems like gravity, lack of oxygen, huge traveling distance and the enormous costs that come with it. May their rocket don't go boooom like others before.

Currently I think we've much more important problems like the refugee crisis, the middle east sinking to chaos, financial crisis, etc. therefore I hope they waste as little resources as possible in this nonesense. The only thing we need are satellites, because those are actually useful.

You don't need to rely on superpowers anymore to launch a rocket into space. In fact, if you have enough money, you can rent the chinese launchpad... or any other available launchpad and soon, we'll have many more. It's not the end, as some envision. Hell, it's barely the beginning of a new era.

It'll be fun, provided we won't destroy ourselves first.

• 4 weeks later...

Friends, I have not been following the discussion lately because I've started to play Himawari and want to avoid spoilers. Hope to continue the discussion after finishing it :D

By the way, soshelp: how to skip read text? With Ctrl, all text is being skipped, even though I have the right option marked on configurations. And there is no aparent button on the screen to do it.

6 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Friends, I have not been following the discussion lately because I've started to play Himawari and want to avoid spoilers. Hope to continue the discussion after finishing it :D

By the way, soshelp: how to skip read text? With Ctrl, all text is being skipped, even though I have the right option marked on configurations. And there is no aparent button on the screen to do it.

It's not mentioned because of lolport, but actual skip function is available under F3, while auto-read mode is under F4. Using CTRL skips ALL text, regardless whether previously read or not.