Root Letter

InvertMouse

Winterfuryzx played it, didn't really give thoughts on it, and said it's <20 hours long getting 2/5 ends because the rest are not worth getting / are BS. Dunno how much extra read time you can get going for other routes , though one spoiler free review I read said ~50 hrs ?? 

My main dealbreaker is that Root Letter's supposedly not that long so $40 for it is just ewww, rather spend it on S;G0 comin 'round the corner

The premise is indeed interesting though. Probably will get it when it goes on sale

42 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Winterfuryzx played it, didn't really give thoughts on it, and said it's <20 hours long getting 2/5 ends because the rest are not worth getting / are BS. Dunno how much extra read time you can get going for other routes , though one spoiler free review I read said ~50 hrs ?? 

My main dealbreaker is that Root Letter's supposedly not that long so $40 for it is just ewww, rather spend it on S;G0 comin 'round the corner

The premise is indeed interesting though. Probably will get it when it goes on sale

Copy&Past:

I finished the game, took me around 15 hrs to finish all routes i think.

The main issue I have with this game is that the routes are completely different stories, even if they shares the same lines for almost the entirety of chapters 1 to 8, the endings and the events leading to the beginning of the game are completely different from route to route, some character roles and personality included. I didn't like this solution at all, the story is extremely and pointlessly fragmented.

I have to praise the character design and the detailed (and many) backgrounds, this game deserves to be played for its artistic merits alone, the production value is top notch.

I just cant cut& paste everything in 200 different threads.

Basically the the side routes are handled (MUCH) worse than g-senjo no maou, the true route is the 5th but it is completely disconnected from the others, and the 2nd is the only decent sideroute .

Nice, thanks for the info :). For me, hearing a game is on the short side actually increases my interest for it. It means it won't be filled with padding, and I only sneak in gaming hours whenever I can, so I like to have titles that I know I have a good chance of finishing.

Thanks for your review as well WinterfuryZX. 15 hours is fine with me, though the fragmented story points are always a bit scary. Happy to maybe give it a go though.

6 minutes ago, InvertMouse said:

Nice, thanks for the info :). For me, hearing a game is on the short side actually increases my interest for it. It means it won't be filled with padding, and I only sneak in gaming hours whenever I can, so I like to have titles that I know I have a good chance of finishing.

Thanks for your review as well WinterfuryZX. 15 hours is fine with me, though the fragmented story points are always a bit scary. Happy to maybe give it a go though.

Short and 10 bucks I'd be insta-sold too :P

Good luck! let us know how you think of it!

I strongly suggest to mentally prepare for the high amount of trash in the siderutes before purchasing this game.

There's not much useless sol but the first 5 chapters are repetitive as hell, before the story starts getting interesting you have to discover the identity of the majority of Aya's classmates, and this will be a taxing task.

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Steins Gate is getting a Vita adaptation? I have't heard of this! I want a ps vita even more now! 

3 minutes ago, xGreyHound said:

Steins Gate is getting a Vita adaptation? I have't heard of this! I want a ps vita even more now! 

Steins Gate has been on the Vita for awhile now and the sequel Steins Gate 0 will come out on the vita the same time as the ps4 version.

Just now, xGreyHound said:

Oh wow I feel even more of a noob to this stuff than I already did. 

Well, it isn't like they are selling physical copies at the local gamestop or advertising them on the psn network next to whatever FPS is popular nowadays. So, I don't really blame you for not knowing about it. 

3 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Well, it isn't like they are selling physical copies at the local gamestop or advertising them on the psn network next to whatever FPS is popular nowadays. So, I don't really blame you for not knowing about it. 

I still feel kinda out of place, everyone knows so much about anime, manga, VN's and all that kind of stuff and I just got into it a few months ago. :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 9.11.2016 at 11:51 PM, WinterfuryZX said:

I strongly suggest to mentally prepare for the high amount of trash in the siderutes before purchasing this game.

There's not much useless sol but the first 5 chapters are repetitive as hell, before the story starts getting interesting you have to discover the identity of the majority of Aya's classmates, and this will be a taxing task.

I  have completed one route and it was okay, nothing more -nothing less. The music was EXTREMELY repetetive and "MAX MODE" felt..uhm.. pointless?:vinty:

But I am wondering what routes you think are worth playing?

Spoiler

I finished the route where Aya had "faked" suicide and went to Africa (wtf?)

Is this one of the worse endings? Is athere a "true route"? I really want to unlock the trophies but if they routes are that weirdly made..... hm..

Edited by Nuka

2 hours ago, Nuka said:

I  have completed one route and it was okay, nothing more -nothing less. The music was EXTREMELY repetetive and "MAX MODE" felt..uhm.. pointless?:vinty:

But I am wondering what routes you think are worth playing?

Reveal hidden contents

I finished the route where Aya had "faked" suicide and went to Africa (wtf?)

Is this one of the worse endings? Is athere a "true route"? I really want to unlock the trophies but if they routes are that weirdly made..... hm..

Actually it's one of the better routes.

If you always choose the first option you'll get the 1st route, if you always choose the second option you'll get the 2nd route and so on..

Now, after the 1st playtrough, you should have unlocked 4th and 5th reply, if you always choose the 5th you get the true end.

Just now, WinterfuryZX said:

Actually it's one of the better routes.

If you always choose the first option you'll get the 1st route, if you always choose the second option you'll get the 2nd route and so on..

Now, after the 1st playtrough, you should have unlocked 4th and 5th reply, if you always choose the 5th you get the true end.

Would you say the true end is a logical one, or far out?

Spoiler

I've heared that some endings is about Aya being a ghost? I definetley do NOT care to do that one. I also found the "went to nurse in Africa yesterday" ending a bit crappy

So the route i played was 1 of the two readworthy? :) Thanks.

Cursed letter: Aya was cursed, all her frends starts dying one after aother, you try to stop the curse but eventually it hits you and you die, the end.

Government cover up: Aya is revealed to be an alien, some friggin' goverment men in black are trying to delete records of her presence from tbe world, you'll be eventually kidnapped by the restaurant cook, who is revaled to be an evil conspirator tied to the evil government, you try to escape but you fail, the end. (Yeh, LOL)

Edited by WinterfuryZX

3 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Cursed letter: Aya was cursed, all her frends starts dying one after aother, you try to stop the curse but eventually it hits you and you die, the end.

Government cover up: Aya is revealed to be an alien, some friggin' goverment men in black are trying to delete records of her presence from tbe world, you'll be eventually kidnapped by the restaurant cook, who is revaled to be an evil conspirator tied to the evil government, you try to escape but you fail, the end. (Yeh, LOL)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! WHAT....the actual fuck? xD