Donald Trump Megathread

babiker

21 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Ok, I know I'm throwing oil in a fire (sorry about that, really) but Tyrosyns post was, while not constructive, an accurate describtion of whats wrong with the current generation. Just throwing random words in the air and most of them fit this generation: entitlement, arrogance, angst, superiority complex, hatred. (yeah, I'm a cyynic today)

Entitlement is the worst part of it. Young people in general seem to see privileges as their rights. And if its not 100% of what they wanted, it means war to them.  Taking everything the generations before us worked their souls off to get and all the current generation seems to say is: "That's all? We could have done a better job and faster while we're at it."

America, and europe btw, were "peaceful" for far too long, at least in my opinion. If politics get stale all eyes turn either to the left or the right. And most get pulled in the direction that promises change. Even if that change might not be for the best. Brexit, Right Wing Movement in europe, Putin don't giving a f*** (ok, that's nothing new, how many centuries has he ruled anyway?) and religious extremists getting more and more active. If "peace" lasts too long we start to destroy ourselves.

I'm not saying we need a new WW or something, but... Maybe we really do.

Sorry, if it sounds like some kind of doomsday prophecy ^^" Most of it can be taken as some kind of twisted humor if you can't relate and if you can, sorry, I'm with you on this one.

While I don't personally relate with those who have a sense of entitlement since I'm fortunate enough to be very well off, I neither see this as a problem nor think it's unjustified. Studies have indicated that Millennials will be the 1st generation to be less successful than their predecessors, despite being the best educated. We understand that the economy is rigged against us, as many of us can't even take advantage of the educational benefits we put ourselves in great debt to receive, and we're working hard to do something about it. On the other hand, older generations regularly vote against their best interest by electing representatives that work against them (most notably Ronald Reagan), and have created a disastrous economy for Millennials to inherit.

38 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I'm not saying we need a new WW or something, but... Maybe we really do.

Uhhh...are you batshit insane?  Yeah, let's start a world war in the age of nuclear weapons!  I don't see a single thing that could go wrong!  "We should start a war because we've been peaceful for too long"

If you think that's funny, you have one of the most twisted and demented senses of humor I've seen in a long time.  What is wrong with you?

3 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Uhhh...are you batshit insane?  Yeah, let's start a world war in the age of nuclear weapons!  I don't see a single thing that could go wrong!  "We should start a war because we've been peaceful for too long"

If you think that's funny, you have one of the most twisted and demented senses of humor I've seen in a long time.  What is wrong with you?

Ok, I knew some would get this the wrong way, I regret wording it that way and I'm sorry I offended you. Originally it was intended as a Hyperbole. My point was that too much of a time of rest & peace produces unrest. If we don't have any real kind of crisis, we ourselves create a crisis. But yeah, world war was waaaay to much of a hyperbole, again sorry about that ^^"

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Ok, I knew some would get this the wrong way, I regret wording it that way and I'm sorry I offended you. Originally it was intended as a Hyperbole. My point was that too much of a time of rest & peace produces unrest. If we don't have any real kind of crisis, we ourselves create a crisis. But yeah, world war was waaaay to much of a hyperbole, again sorry about that ^^"

Wow, it's almost like saying, "We should start WW3" will always be taken the wrong way, and pretty much anyone should have known that!  Hell, that's almost basic logic!

Try thinking before you say something like that next time.

9 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Wow, it's almost like saying, "We should start WW3" will always be taken the wrong way, and pretty much anyone should have known that!  Hell, that's almost basic logic!

Try thinking before you say something like that next time.

Ok, next time I'll use "we might be in need of a non-nuclear global crisis". You're right saying, that way it sounds not as bad. But I somehow think I need to explain myself again. That post of mine was not intended to be taken serious. My concerns are true but exaggerated to prove my points, please think of it as a twisted form of satire.

While you might be right, your wording is kinda off. Critizising the thought process of some people voicing their opinions, as twisted as those opinions may be, can be seen as arrogant. No offence intended

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

While you might be right, your wording is kinda off. Critizising the thought process of some people voicing their opinions, as twisted as those opinions may be, can be seen as arrogant. No offence intended

I was mostly referring to sarcasm and satire (which what you said most certainly wasn't satire, try looking up the definition of the word) being hard to detect through text.  Even so, you did an extremely piss-poor job of making it obvious to the point where you probably shouldn't have said anything at all.

1 minute ago, Zenophilious said:

Even so, you did an extremely piss-poor job of making it obvious to the point where you probably shouldn't have said anything at all

We really should stop here. Us two derailed this topic pretty heavy ^^" Let's agree to disagree and depart our ways, alright?:sacchan:

Trump is not a racist so stop making assumptions that things will be bad for minorities. If anything they will be better. We have had more division during Obama's regime than I have ever seen before. That should change now. As far as immigrants their will be no problem as long as they are here legaly. If you have not gone through thew process to become a citizen then you are a criminal and should not be here. I don't know about how other feel about their countries, but I want mine to keep it's sovereignty.

11 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Trump is not a racist so stop making assumptions that things will be bad for minorities. If anything they will be better. We have had more division during Obama's regime than I have ever seen before. That should change now. As far as immigrants their will be no problem as long as they are here legaly. If you have not gone through thew process to become a citizen then you are a criminal and should not be here. I don't know about how other feel about their countries, but I want mine to keep it's sovereignty.

In what ways has Obama divided us?

42 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Trump is racist to certain groups. For example he wants to build a wall so not immigrants can come in. I don't agree they should be here illegally. However due note, America makes it difficult for people to come in here. And no, Obama didn't divide anyone. He didn't do much as a president, but he didn't cause people to fight as much as they are now. This election is what has divided people due to the candidates. And sorry, when I see a guy who is hiring a vice president who wants to 'fix' gays and agrees with him, it's hard for me to not believe he's anti something.  While I do agree with certain things, I find this man and Hilary to be horrible candidates. Obama was better then both. 

20 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Trump is not a racist

I would argue otherwise. Trump did not condemn the KKK in light of David Duke's endorsement, he claimed a judge would be biased against him because he was Mexican, his company was sued for not renting to black people, etc. These are just some of the ways he's displayed racism as both a business man and politician, I could go into greater detail if I wanted.

29 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

We have had more division during Obama's regime than I have ever seen before.

You're entirely right, and it is for this reason I'm very frustrated with the Democratic Party. Rather than stand on their own principles, they've decided to move closer to center in an attempt to match up with Republicans. This trend, which has been started by the infamous Bill Clinton, has created a lot of division within the party and they no longer hold the power they use to. In this election, they have gone to lengths to drag down political outsiders who sought to reform their operations, and have made a consistent effort to ignore their constituents. Is it any wonder they're in shambles right now? Say what you want about Bernie Sanders' policies, at least he listens to people.

Also, I think we'd be better off focusing on other issues. I do acknowledge that there is a problem with undocumented immigrants, but at the same time that number has gone down in recent years, and I kinda sorta sympathize with them. There are those that are here legally that will inevitably be separated from their undocumented parents if they're deported. More importantly, I believe it would be more productive to encourage businesses to stop looking at their workers as costs and treat them more as assets and stop throwing their jobs overseas (Virgin has the right idea). But we can't rely on businesses to do the right thing, so we need regulations that will help restore the middle class.

25 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Say what you want about Bernie Sanders' policies, at least he listens to people.

Like he's listening to the people who want a refund after he sold them out?

47 minutes ago, proxygames said:

This election is what has divided people due to the candidates.

No, it's the other way around. This election happened precisely because the country that Obama left behind is so divided.

3 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Why do you believe he was selling out? Most of his supporters did vote for Hillary.

Yes, that's why Hillary is President now ...
... oh, wait...
No, they didn't. Bernie supporters voted for Trump because they actually cared for what Bernie had to say which was the polar opposite of what Hillary represents and they didn't want her to win after Bernie sold them out.

Bernie betrayed his ideals, betrayed all of his fans and used their donation money to buy himself a summer house.
I can't believe some people are still shilling him after all he did.

11 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

Bernie supporters voted for Trump

Some of them did, but not the majority. Whether you agree with them or not, this is how they voted.
XtBQKjl.png

Bernie Sanders did what he thought was best for the American people. I do not believe he is a sellout.

Edit: He spent his own personal money on that house, not his donation money. He's been a Senator for a very long time, so he can very easily afford something like that. It wasn't particularly luxurious either, and I think he deserves it.

6 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

If SJWs, Feminist, BLM or other hategroups weren't so obnoxious smugglypuffs in the last years, there would have been no need for punishment votes.
Clinton voters have no one else to blame than themselves. You reap what you sow.

You don't understand what the punishment vote is and where it comes from. The hate towards those "groups" is a thing of the Internet and teenagers, mostly. It's like saying that every time the Democrats win it's due to the KKK and the alt-right being as retarded as always. It's nonsense to believe that the election has been swayed by a silly trend that has been present for many years now.
As I quite literally said, the punishment vote comes from the field/central US, millions of people who have felt grievously misrepresented the last 8 years, and have chosen an anger-fueled vote of "fuck you Democrats" before actually taking a look at the elections and choosing a candidate. And this is not a random theory, it is pretty much the social study of this election.

Trump hasn't won. The Democrats have lost. And it's not heavenly punishment. It's people thinking with their ass before their head.

One problem with Trump getting elected is that he has made himself the representative of the kind of people who were most responsible for the misery of anyone who wasn't white prior to the Voting Rights Bill.  Ultranationalists, racists, religious bigots, bigots in general... a lot of people from the older generation have been looking for a candidates to reinforce their leftover prejudices, and Trump made himself that candidate, unfortunately.

The problem isn't so much with him getting elected, in and of itself, as it is the fact that those people will feel validated, that public opinion has swung their way, when it was actually a more generalized dissatisfaction that drove his election.  My primary reasoning for voting against him was that I didn't want anyone associated with that particular group of leftovers from the past getting any kind of political power or influence...

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Yeah these topics shouldn't have been merged into a megathread, sorry guy.

Unfortunately it's impossible to undo things because :ipb: so you'll just have to use the thread now. 

You've doomed us. Doomed us, I say!

How will we discuss without clarity and understanding others? ... :makina:

2008 - McCain 60 million votes
2012 - Romney 60 million votes
2016 - Trump 60 million votes

2008 - Obama 69.5 million votes
2012 - Obama 66 million votes
2016 - Clinton 60 million votes

Even accounting for voter suppression, it doesn't account for the democrats shedding 15% of their vote since 2008. That's the reason why they lost, there wasn't a sudden influx of haters rather an increased number of Democrats stayed at home.

11 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

2008 - McCain 60 million votes
2012 - Romney 60 million votes
2016 - Trump 60 million votes

2008 - Obama 69.5 million votes
2012 - Obama 66 million votes
2016 - Clinton 60 million votes

Even accounting for voter suppression, it doesn't account for the democrats shedding 15% of their vote since 2008. That's the reason why they lost, there wasn't a sudden influx of haters rather an increased number of Democrats stayed at home.

Punishment vote, as I mentioned in another topic (or this topic now that they are merged, I guess?). Plenty of people who used to vote the democrats have finally said "fuck you" after 8 years of feeling misrepresented.

Still, the bigger winner was non-voting. I think there were as many non-voters as both sides combined?