Donald Trump Megathread

babiker

6 hours ago, bigfatround0 said:

This shit isn't funny. Some people are genuinely scared of the future.

The election results disturb me greatly, but I still find this humorous.  Why shouldn't we use humor to make it through hard times?  I don't want to be depressed every day for four goddamn years.

20 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

The election results disturb me greatly, but I still find this humorous.  Why shouldn't we use humor to make it through hard times?  I don't want to be depressed every day for four goddamn years.

I never said we shouldn't use humor. What I don't like is people that don't live in the US or that aren't American making fun of the 2016 election because there are some people that will legitimately lose some rights.

8 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

I never said we shouldn't use humor. What I don't like is people that don't live in the US or that aren't American making fun of the 2016 election because there are some people that will legitimately lose some rights.

Who is losing rights, and what rights? 

9 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

About the giant wall thing, it will never happen and I am willing to bet my money on it ... You take too much things Trump says for granted, he is a populist, he talks a lot and a bunch of things he says aren't going to happen, here in Serbia we have populists like him, they only talk big but when they need to do something real, they are nowhere to be found.

You missed the point. It's not whether he'll build a wall or not in the end, it's the fact that he wants to build it in the first place, and goes babbling about it. It's his attitude which is wrong. And with said attitude, anything can happen, and probably not good. As for VNs, the question lies in whether he'll get aware someday of the content of some games roaming around. Steam already axes most problematic content, but if Trump would find about the community and our thingies, he'd probably get very upset. Remember he wanted to make America great again. Do weeaboos fit in that grand picture?

As for 80s, I don't know anything about PMRC, I wasn't alive at that time.

That's no excuse. If you have access to Google and Wikipedia, you can do your own research. I don't care to explain PMRC at the moment.

9 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Because there are still differences between the candidates. Both were terrible, but only one of those campaigned while promotion violence against the opposition, called all mexicans rapists, is incredibly sexist and is endorsed by the KKK.
Do realise how the outlook for the following 4 years looks like for plenty of people in the US, and you'll see why so many people are devastated with the results, even though both candidates sucked.

I understand that but I have yet to see Trump delivering on his words and promises ... His way of manipulating has proven to be a success story but I am not eager to believe that he is a new Hitler until I see him at the helm and what he will really do when he enters the Oval office. My opinion of him is that he is a whacko and that he will be full of surprises but until he really starts delivering on his words, I am going to have to assume that it was all just empty talk for the masses. He will probably do some damage but I don't believe that he will really bring out a nuclear apocalypse as some people claim.

3 hours ago, Okarin said:

You missed the point. It's not whether he'll build a wall or not in the end, it's the fact that he wants to build it in the first place, and goes babbling about it. It's his attitude which is wrong. And with said attitude, anything can happen, and probably not good.

As I said already, he talks a lot and a lot of that stuff is just hot steam coming from an angry whacko. He is just using sentences that he knows some people would like to hear ... Apparently there are people in the USA who love hearing catchy slogans like "LOCK HER UP!" or "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" and similiar. In fact, that attitude which you are speaking of is EXACTLY what I think that helped him become the president. The fact that he isn't politically correct and tries to presents himself as some kind of an anti-establishment politician is what helped him drive his campaign. So apparently, there are people who love that attitude of his. I know that it's a very bad idea to use such rhetorics (divisive, racist politics) but that just proves to me that in USA there are enough people with whom such ideas resonate very well or they don't even care about it (enough to make them even vote for him instead of choosing Hillary, that just tells me there's enough people who consider him as a lesser evil) ... You can't tell me that all of his nearly 60,000,000 voters were all members of KKK ...

4 hours ago, Okarin said:

As for VNs, the question lies in whether he'll get aware someday of the content of some games roaming around. Steam already axes most problematic content, but if Trump would find about the community and our thingies, he'd probably get very upset. Remember he wanted to make America great again. Do weeaboos fit in that grand picture?

I will believe it when I see it :) But ... considering all of his scandals, he wouldn't be a very wise person to suddenly decide on becoming a moral judge ... Which reminds me he isn't wise at all XDD Yeah, I get your point :D Let's hope he never finds out about VNs then ^_^

4 hours ago, Okarin said:

That's no excuse. If you have access to Google and Wikipedia, you can do your own research. I don't care to explain PMRC at the moment.

Well, speaking of not caring, neither do I :D Besides, for somebody who dislikes talking about politics I have already said more than I really wanted to, so I am done with this thread ... I am sorry for all the citizens of the USA but Trump's presidency will not be the end of the world :)

9 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

In fact, that attitude which you are speaking of is EXACTLY what I think that helped him become the president. The fact that he isn't politically correct and tries to presents himself as some kind of an anti-establishment politician is what helped him drive his campaign. So apparently, there are people who love that attitude of his. I know that it's a very bad idea to use such rhetorics (divisive, racist politics) but that just proves to me that in USA there are enough people with whom such ideas resonate very well or they don't even care about it (enough to make them even vote for him instead of choosing Hillary, that just tells me there's enough people who consider him as a lesser evil) ... You can't tell me that all of his nearly 60,000,000 voters were all members of KKK ...

No, I meant that his attitude is dangerous. I don't care if he has a huge following or if many people willingly walk hand in hand to annihilation like lemmings, his ideas are wrong.

With "annihilation" I don't mean to say that we're necessarily going to a global enveloping war that would destroy the world, but hey, the balance is really precarious in some places of the world. Trump is aggressive and aggressiveness is what leads to war.

I understand that the downfall of the West and especifically Europe has been too much political correctness, naivety and weakness to act pragmatically. But Trump is not just this, he's aggressiveness taken to the extreme, he's a borderline hooligan. There's no changing him no matter how much you want to blanket your eyes and reason. Will it spell disaster? Probably no, but potentially yes.

But this is no place to discuss Trump's leitmotivs and identity as a politician, since more or less everyone knows already.

7 hours ago, bigfatround0 said:

The "They're not American"/"They're not in our country" rhetoric is fallacious. You might have had a point if this were the president of some country with very little bearing on international politics (let's say Venezuela), however, the president of the US is in a far more influential position in terms of Western socioeconomic conditions and international politics. Whatever happens to the US under Trump's rule will affect practically the whole world to some extent. Being a superpower brings with it the fact that not all your internal affairs stay solely internal. This would be like me -a Turk- criticizing that one German comedian from a few months ago who got in trouble for ridiculing Erdoğan for being humorous about the pathetic state of Turkish democracy. Everyone has (good) reasons to worry about Trump and everyone can deal with that however they please.

Honestly it's filling me with an incredible sense of disappointment and trepidation when I see people saying "Yeah he's racist and all but Hillary is worse." (and then they go on to citing wars and emails and such...).

It's obvious that an immature, reckless, bigoted president like Trump will empower and validate fringe and not-so-fringe hate groups throughout the whole country. Even if the limiting diplomatic and legal systems in place kept him from doing much harm, that alone will set social progress in the US back by possibly decades.

If we talk about that, yes there's some worry here. Namely that there will be no chance for muslim to go to USA because of Trump campaign about mouslem, which is minority in USA (I talk about this because it was the biggest worry in Indonesia). But hopefully it just only a worry there, not turning into reality especially if talking about religion here. Although looking from the USA citizen reaction, I must said that they were quite extreme imo. Overall, other than that I don't understand much about USA politic if I may honest, but hopefully it'll be calmed soon or later.

On 9.11.2016 at 9:26 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Ahahahahaha he actually won. This is why I love America, it's a country that can get spoon-fed data from all around the world about a candidate being insanely detrimental for the country politically and economically, and they'll nevertheless vote him as Mr. Jock 2016.

Trump hasn't won despite spoon-fed data from all around the world, he won because of it.
Clinton lost due to meme magic, Pepes and e-mail leaks, so the Internet actually did its job.

If anything, Trump as president proves that democracy still works and that the masses won't be swayed by the corrupt government, shilling Hollywood stars or the payed media.
And aren't freedom of choice and democracy the most important ideals of every American?

Just now, Tyrosyn said:

Trump hasn't won despite spoon-fed data from all around the world, he won because of it.
Clinton lost due to meme magic, Pepes and e-mail leaks, so the Internet actually did its job.

If anything, Trump as president proves that democracy still works and that the masses won't be swayed by the corrupt government, shilling Hollywood stars or the payed media.
And aren't freedom of choice and democracy the most important ideals of every American?

Considering that a huge amount of Trump votes are a punishment vote in a field vs city conflict with people having felt misrepresented for 8 years, this is everything but a victory for democracy. 2 awful candidates, and the worse one wins due to a massive punishment vote against the other. Truly beautiful.

I thought the most important ideals of every American were cheap fast food and no gun control.

7 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Considering that a huge amount of Trump votes are a punishment vote in a field vs city conflict with people having felt misrepresented for 8 years, this is everything but a victory for democracy. 2 awful candidates, and the worse one wins due to a massive punishment vote against the other. Truly beautiful.

If SJWs, Feminist, BLM or other hategroups weren't so obnoxious smugglypuffs in the last years, there would have been no need for punishment votes.
Clinton voters have no one else to blame than themselves. You reap what you sow.

The thought of a President Trump is still settling in. We've legitimized hatefulness, promoted bigotry, and empowered white supremacists in this nation. But, I truly do believe that this will be the last time you see such a candidate take office.

Here's a map displaying results of the youth vote. Republicans won't last much longer with their extremist platform.
764HSYQ.jpg
Source: https://twitter.com/EByard

Millennials are the most open-minded generation in this country, and are also put under the greatest economic pressure. We may have a problem with voter turn-out, but 4-8 years of Trump will give us a much-needed lesson in voting. There is hope.

It's not all doom and gloom in this election either; anti-corruption campaigns are in full force right now. During this election, we managed to get an anti-corruption law passed at the state level in South Dakota.
https://act.represent.us/sign/2016-election-what-happened/?t=2&akid=11456.563073.F0mzg0

1 minute ago, Tyrosyn said:

bVDspgi.jpg

Cute, but ignorant. It doesn't look like you spend much time trying to understand this generation. How about I post an article describing another viewpoint that supports my own?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2016/10/26/ana-kasparian-how-millennials-will-impact-our-democracy-moving-forward/#4bc98c75405f

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

> 'The Young Turks' Host Ana Kasparian On Why Millennials Will Change Democracy For The Better

Wait, what. :pyaa:

> The Young Turks
> Millennials Will Change Democracy For The Better

You are making the memes yourself. I don't even know how I can top that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, Palas said:

You're an asshole.

This asshole actually likes what you said there.

19 minutes ago, Palas said:

And you're not helping. Not because you said he's ignorant, but because you think people somehow will want to read an article you post. That's not the right approach to anything - that's the approach that got Trump elected. Thinking you're superior and the more rational one, thinking the other side is inherently evil, dumb and/or crazy, thinking it's all about a moral issue. It isn't. You'll just have to listen to the other side, if only to know where they're getting those votes from and make all the hatred empty of meaning. You're fueling it, see - you just made a prophecy. You just said the entire belief system of somebody else is doomed by time and it's irreversible. How do you expect them to act?

This right here so much. It can not be overstated how this is the result of two sides not listening to each other. Hillary didn't get overwhelming support for a reason, and you can't simply brush it off as "oh it was all those racist and sexist white americans. Fuck them". It wasn't. It was so much more than just that. It was an entire group of people who are tired of the establishment and threw a brick at it. Trump is literally a rock that was thrown at every single mainstream entity who kept pushing  the "the other side is evil" narrative.  That is what he represents for a ton of people. And unless you address both sides seriously, without preemptively assuming they are Satan incarnate, situations like this will keep happening.

And it is my firm believe that no matter who had won, this election had already done the most damage to the American population of any other recent election. And things go much deeper than the two major political parties. 

I'd like to share this one post I read on reddit from a trump supporter, which resonated with a lot of people, including non Trump supporters as well, and which I believe really showcases how many of his supporters felt. Whether you agree with it or not isn't what I ask of you, but what I do hope is that you read it and just consider it for a moment. Maybe the other side is worth listening to and taken seriously into account. Maybe they have real worries which the other side isn't addressing. Maybe their goal isn't to plunder America back into the dark ages. Maybe they are humans too. Only when you do that can you unite your people.  And this goes for both sides. 

(I apologize for the formatting but I'm on mobile right now so i can't fix it (or maybe i can but that'd be a load of work!) ) 

"How did this happen?!" they cry.

You want to know how this happened? You want to know how America resorted to bigotry and racism? You want to know how we let a TV star with no experience get to the White House? You want to know why we couldn’t stop being stupid enough to listen to what you had to say?

I can explain.

Ten years ago I never had to tell somebody my wife was black and children were of mixed race to get them to stop assuming I was racist.

Ten years ago I didn’t have to tell somebody I’m bisexual to get them to stop assuming I was being homophobic.

Ten years ago I didn’t have to tell people I’ve read the Qu’ran to get them to stop assuming I was ignorant of Islam.

Fifteen years ago I had pride in my nation.

Twenty years ago I didn’t have to worry about the government spying on my because I sat next to someone suspicious on a plane.

Twenty years ago I didn’t have to worry about getting kidnapped for being an American in most other countries.

Twenty years ago 50 corporations made up 90% of the media market; today its 6.

Thirty years ago people weren’t being attacked by animals in the streets over who they voted for.

This is the country that brought the world electricity, the light bulb, that tamed the last frontiers in the world, that carved the faces of great men into mountains, that brought us powered flight, that broke the sound barrier, brought Europe peace after the most destructive war ever seen, tried to play nice but brought forth a fury never fucking seen before when we were attacked, sent men to the fucking Moon. But something happened.

We began intervening in other nations’ conflicts. We started trying to develop this network of power across the world. We started fighting wars for money. And when we were attacked harder than ever before, we pulled our punches and used it as an excuse to fight somebody that wasn’t even responsible.

We voted for change and change never came. We voted for the young charismatic man, and he sold us a bridge. He was given near complete power to bring change and what he brought us was a hamfisted attempt at health-care reform that he didn’t understand and we didn’t want. He promises change from the needless wars and brings us anonymous murder from above on an unprecedented scale. And because he happened to be President when gays got the right to marry, we are supposed to think of him positively?

Let me ask you, when was the last time you heard a song written with this much national pride?

We are tired of being led down the path of shame. We are tired of fighting other people’s wars. We are tired to the globalist network of power. We are tired of the oligarchy. We are tired of being undisputably the single most powerful nation to ever exist on this Earth and yet not being able to win the wars that corporations, industries, and oligarchs get us into because our leaders want to pretend war is an opportunity to be culturally sensitive and play nice.

But when we try to voice these concerns and desires we are called racist because the person we disagree with is black. We are called sexist because the person we disagree with is a woman. We are called homophobic for saying there are bigger priorities for the President than deciding who uses what bathroom. We are called Islamohobic for expecting our ultra-powerful military and police might to be able to provide us security. We are called rednecks, and fools, and morons, all because we disagree.

And we are told we should not disagree, because the “experts” say so? Like Nate Silver, who has been wrong about everything since 2012? Who was wrong about the results of the 2014 Midterms, the Brexit vote, the Primaries, the World Series, and the General election? I’m only an amateur analyst and I outperformed him.

We should just believe CNN who has been proven to feed information to political parties? Who orders their focus groups on how to respond? Who cuts the audio from anyone that strays from the narrative they sell?

The pollsters, who were so incredibly wrong about 2012, Brexit, and 2016?

Why should we believe the “experts” who get paid more and more for being right when they can’t get anything right?

Then a man we’ve known for decades shows up and decides to speak up for us - and you call him racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, arachnaphobic and whatever else. But he speaks to us and for us. And you try to shut him up. You cast him as a reality TV star with no knowledge, while peddling Hollywood stars with no knowledge, as if Donald Trump has not been a household name for four fucking decades?

Then all the people we’ve been sick of, the Bush family, the Clinton family, the Obama Administration, the elite of the world and the market and media all of these people we have been trying to get to change team up against this man. And you think we can’t see through that?

You lied about polls and when we saw through it you called us paranoid. You lied about crime committed and called us paranoid. You lied about the medical status of a public figure, for fuck’s sake, and called us paranoid. Yet time after time when we were right, you just said “A broken clock is right twice a day!”

No.

Fuck you. This happened because we are so goddamn sick of you. We are so goddamn sick of not being heard. We are tired of being brushed off when we speak, so we don’t speak often. The Silent Majority.

Michael Moore of all fucking people, was the only one of you globalist shits to ever actually GET IT. You don’t fucking get it. Michael Moore, of aaaaaall people said words that brought me to tears because of how accurate he was.

• The media didn’t want him.
  • The GOP establishment didn’t want him.
  • The pollsters didn’t want him.
  • The globalists didn’t want him.
  • The NeoCons didn’t want him.
  • The Socialists didn’t want him.
  • The global power brokers didn’t want him.

But the people who are tired of fighting these wars our military isn’t allowed to win, tired of being robbed, tired of being taxed to poverty, tired of being insulted, tired of being slandered, tired of being lied to, tired of our livelihoods being given away, tired of being brushed off - yeah, US, we wanted him.

He isn't any of the things you try to tell us he is. We saw through it and you still lie even in defeat.

At the worst, he will be a message, louder and stronger than we have ever been.

And, at best, he will take us back to the Moon, up to the stars, build unrivaled monuments that will last centuries, bring back our jobs and our pride.

This man literally took on the world for us.

And I bet even if you read this, you still don’t get it.

45 minutes ago, Palas said:

And you're not helping. Not because you said he's ignorant, but because you think people somehow will want to read an article you post. That's not the right approach to anything - that's the approach that got Trump elected. Thinking you're superior and the more rational one, thinking the other side is inherently evil, dumb and/or crazy, thinking it's all about a moral issue. It isn't. You'll just have to listen to the other side, if only to know where they're getting those votes from and make all the hatred empty of meaning. You're fueling it, see - you just made a prophecy. You just said the entire belief system of somebody else is doomed by time and it's irreversible. How do you expect them to act?

Why not read the article? It's a good way to expose yourself to opposing viewpoints, and it lessens the urge to believe that my opinion is unique (which helps improve the flow of intelligent conversation).

Well, I suppose if you want to consider this an act of superiority, I won't argue against that. That's your bias; that's your perception. To me, I was calling out his statement as I saw it and backing up my own view with another to add to my validity. But please understand that I regularly sympathize with Trump supporters. They feel that their government has abandoned them, and they're right. Democrats have been too focused on winning particular demographics and not so much on resolving problems that this nation faces as a whole. As a result, working class Americans have been strongly neglected, which has resulted in the rise of populism.

I made the statement because I don't believe what Tyrosyn posted was constructive, and I am a strong believer that one must participate in good proper discussion to resolve issues. I don't think that what I'm doing has added any kind of fuel to the fire in Trump's campaign. I've engaged in many arguments with Trump supporters, and it's usually very good. I don't try to dismiss their arguments because I acknowledge that their thoughts are the product of their life experiences. Just as I won't dismiss your argument, because I acknowledge that your life experiences have lead to you thinking the way you do. Believe it or not, I do keep an open mind.

1 hour ago, Tyrosyn said:

You reap what you sow.

I'm with Tyrosyn on this one. To be honest I'm not particularly fond of how america dictates everything from media to popculture and lowering the bar on everything. I really look forward to see the (mostly selfproclaimed) cultural "center of the wohle universe!" shift after all angsty cultural influences leave america after crying and fleeing.

If the country is seen as a restriction rather than a support, you are sure to look for some kind of extremism. Not really helping that modern american philosophy semms to be of a 'shoot first, ask question later' track with all social groups spouting extremists the moment they start to exist, if not earlier. Plus americans seem to love explosions and the people that scream, fart and barf the loudest and piss the widest.

I bet Trump as president is a step to world peace even if most of you think of him as worse than hitler. I seem to recall that he wanted to focus on the inner workings of america, anyway.

27 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I made the statement because I don't believe what Tyrosyn posted was constructive, and I am a strong believer that one must participate in good proper discussion to resolve issues.

Ok, I know I'm throwing oil in a fire (sorry about that, really) but Tyrosyns post was, while not constructive, an accurate describtion of whats wrong with the current generation. Just throwing random words in the air and most of them fit this generation: entitlement, arrogance, angst, superiority complex, hatred. (yeah, I'm a cyynic today)

Entitlement is the worst part of it. Young people in general seem to see privileges as their rights. And if its not 100% of what they wanted, it means war to them.  Taking everything the generations before us worked their souls off to get and all the current generation seems to say is: "That's all? We could have done a better job and faster while we're at it."

America, and europe btw, were "peaceful" for far too long, at least in my opinion. If politics get stale all eyes turn either to the left or the right. And most get pulled in the direction that promises change. Even if that change might not be for the best. Brexit, Right Wing Movement in europe, Putin don't giving a f*** (ok, that's nothing new, how many centuries has he ruled anyway?) and religious extremists getting more and more active. If "peace" lasts too long we start to destroy ourselves.

I'm not saying we need a new WW or something, but... Maybe we really do.

Sorry, if it sounds like some kind of doomsday prophecy ^^" Most of it can be taken as some kind of twisted humor if you can't relate and if you can, sorry, I'm with you on this one.