Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

babiker

Donald Trump Megathread

Even with the debacle of 2000, there are other factors one can consider as to why Gore didn't win. For example, he didn't even carry his home state of Tennessee, they went for Bush. Even in the most one-sided ass kicking in the electoral college of all time, that being 1984, Walter Mondale still managed to carry his home state of Minnesota. It was the only state he carried (along with the District of Columbia) but he did carry it. Had Gore carried Tennessee then Florida wouldn't have mattered.

I'm not sure what to make of Hillary's actions (or non-actions) after the election. I'm sure her pride is severely hurt, as she believes she's the better candidate (and honestly, she was the better candidate in many different ways). It does seem a bit cold to not address your constituents, but she did quietly concede when she saw the writing on the wall. I'm not so sure Trump would have done the same had the roles been reversed.

The part that may be bothersome is that, at least in name, the GOP controls the Presidency and Congress for at least two years. I'm really not a huge fan of one party being in control and would prefer a mix of the two compromising together, which is one of the reasons why the GOP was so damned deplorable the past 6 years. Now what remains to be seen is will the GOP actually have the balls to stand up to Trump's wishes, or will they fall in line, and at what degree for both?

18 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

It's a report about Trump's fanbase. Thought you might find it interesting instead of hearing the usual stuff over twitter (hatred won, bigotry won, etc etc.)

Yeah, but it's an anthopological report. Like, "oh wow look there's these people! They actually talk, hear them out!". There's a degree of self-critique, sure, but it's still a desperate move of "how am I supposed to understand these freaks?".

The best article I've read about the matter was this one and, for fuck's sake, it's from Cracked. So how low has it all gone.

4 hours ago, Decay said:

lmao if you think sanders had a better chance against trump. Trump is a force of nature. A horrible, unimaginably destructive force. But unstoppable nonetheless.

Tbh probably, trump really only started to have a chance after Assange leaked a lot of shit about Clinton.

I guess America will be great again.

I feel relieved it's all over, who won doesn't really feel like it matters, both seemed like shit to me. American politics tend to seem very broken to an outsider.

9 minutes ago, madvanced said:

Tbh probably, trump really only started to have a chance after Assange leaked a lot of shit about Clinton.

Assange's #1 goal was to get Trump elected. Wikileaks would have come up with something else if Bernie was Trump's opponent. 

18 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

That's a pretty good article 0.0

... what's Cracked? I've never heard of  the site :S

Site of list-like articles, usually of comedy, generally not very serious and extremely biased.

Unless you were sarcastic about not knowing it :rimu:

7 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Site of list-like articles, usually of comedy, generally not very serious and extremely biased.

Unless you were sarcastic about not knowing it :rimu:

I usually read more traditional media, I have no clue what weird sites the young people of today visit :P  

48 minutes ago, madvanced said:

It wasn't so much Clinton as it was Democratic Party. And make no mistake, there's plenty of shit that can be said the same of the GOP. The difference being the GOP ran their outlier candidate that managed to win the nomination (against probably most people's better judgement). There's something to be said about anti-establishment.

10 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

CAN’T DUMPSTER THE TRUMPSTER

But seriously though, you guys are fucked :makina:

Maybe not. At least I hope not. I really wasn't big on Obama in 2008 and he turned out okay. Look, Trump can't just do whatever he wants - it's not how the Presidency works. The bigger concern is the technicality of both the Executive and Legislative Branches are in control of the same party. If in two years this country isn't "better" (however it's defined) a lot of GOPers in the House might be looking for work.

Today in my Ideal Societies in Fiction class, the Teach kinda shambled in, looked at the class, and asked if we needed to talk about the election. The entire class responded with 

I think we are still in the denial stage of the grieving for the death of our country. 

2 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Today in my Ideal Societies in Fiction class, the Teach kinda shambled in, looked at the class, and asked if we needed to talk about the election. The entire class responded with 

I think we are still in the denial stage of the grieving for the death of our country. 

The death of the country happens every 4-8 years depending on who you ask. Over exaggeration is stupid and pointless. 

Just now, solidbatman said:

The death of the country happens every 4-8 years depending on who you ask. Over exaggeration is stupid and pointless. 

You know you say that, but considering over exaggerating was a major part of Trump's campaign I don't think we can say that it is pointless anymore. 

In all seriousness, I know the country is not literally going to end because Trump got elected, but at the very least we are looking at four years of some major cringe. 

5 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

In all seriousness, I know the country is not literally going to end because Trump got elected, but at the very least we are looking at four years of some major cringe.  DANK MEMES

FTFY

On 9.11.2016 at 8:48 AM, Tyrosyn said:

And now please excuse me, I have to grab some anime pussy ... and I won't even ask for consent!

(Tagging other white cis scum males, because they wanted to celebrate with me: @Deep Blue and @XReaper )

groping is an expression of love and love is all that matters :P

edit. & regarding the topic, feels like alt-rights and populists are currently on a rise, worldwide that is. at least this spares me from annoying jokes coming to orban and consorts for the next 4years or so, now that they got a similar dude as their leader themselves...

Edited by XReaper