babiker

4 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

2008 - McCain 60 million votes
2012 - Romney 60 million votes
2016 - Trump 60 million votes

2008 - Obama 69.5 million votes
2012 - Obama 66 million votes
2016 - Clinton 60 million votes

Even accounting for voter suppression, it doesn't account for the democrats shedding 15% of their vote since 2008. That's the reason why they lost, there wasn't a sudden influx of haters rather an increased number of Democrats stayed at home.

That's exactly right, and one of my frustrations with the party is that they will continue to put the blame on others without acknowledging what voters have to say. Even after this embarrassing defeat in the presidential election, they will push out a candidate that no one can get excited about. They'll continue to drive the lesser evil narrative that cost them this election, even though it's not likely to work.

Id vote for Donald Trump...i'd rather vote for the devil himself rather than  Clinton... trump for me is the lesser evil...It's a task to think any positive outcome either of two if they win . No real important issues were being attended to like reassessment of the US foreign policy and addresing the excessive power of the US executive brance or role of money in politics perhaps. Trump really seem as a racist anti-muslim,anti-political establishment and gives off a business-as-usual vibe. I'm looking for the unpredictability of what trump can do. . . maybe it's his Trump card ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).. God bless America

9 minutes ago, SeiZui said:

No real important issues were being attended to like reassessment of the US foreign policy and addresing the excessive power of the US executive brance or role of money in politics perhaps.

What are you talking about? Trump talked a bunch about foreign policy, like how he was going to pull out troops from South Korea and give them nukes instead. There was also the time he said that NATO would have to pay the USA for any assistance against a possible Russian invasion. 

7 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

What are you talking about? Trump talked a bunch about foreign policy, like how he was going to pull out troops from South Korea and give them nukes instead. There was also the time he said that NATO would have to pay the USA for any assistance against a possible Russian invasion. 

What I thought was the reassessment/re-evaluation of the foreign policy like what part of the international and political context to be understood by the state for better foreign policy options and implementations. Those were foreign policy issues pressed by trump ,that is yet to come also somewhat different on what the previous administration would do.I was wondering if there was a need for reassessment of the foreign policy/analysis

6 hours ago, SeiZui said:

What I thought was the reassessment/re-evaluation of the foreign policy like what part of the international and political context to be understood by the state for better foreign policy options and implementations. Those were foreign policy issues pressed by trump ,that is yet to come also somewhat different on what the previous administration would do.I was wondering if there was a need for reassessment of the foreign policy/analysis

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

44 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Why are the poor chaps from the contryside so eager to cancel obamacare? Do they enjoy being kicked out from hospitals? (strange hobby they have...)

The answer is as short as it's sad: Yes

Americans have a certain degree of difficulty at understanding what welfare state is and implies.
Well-being for all of the citizens? COMMUNISM, YOU MEAN!? :conspiracy:

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Why are the poor chaps from the contryside so eager to cancel obamacare? Do they enjoy being kicked out from hospitals? (strange hobby they have...)

My guess would be masochism or some relict of the cold war. Either that or they really should check their educational system. Maybe they should, anyway. Better education and understanding of the world is never bad.

5 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

The poor chaps from the countryside can't afford it as it is (ie. my family; I can only go to the doctor for emergencies because our insurance really wont pay for anything else). Democrats want to expand on it to hopefully fix it, but in many people's eyes, its unfixable, and they think expansion of it will make it more expensive for them. They aren't eager to be kicked out of hospitals, they are eager to not be paying most of their income on medical insurance, like it was before Obamacare. Only then, god forbid you have a pre-existing condition, or were a student. 

Over simplifying, or dismissing the concerns of those poor chaps is unhelpful, and part of the reason the Democrats lost the working class white vote. 

Do you mean health insurance costs for the people outside of obama care actually increased? I read something like that, but obamacare was a step in the right direction, you should get rid of Usa health care system asap. Even with our corrupted health care system where everyone involved steals a share of public fund, medical expenses are only 9% of the GDP, in the  USA they are like 17%. 

Edited by WinterfuryZX

5 hours ago, solidbatman said:

The poor chaps from the countryside can't afford it as it is (ie. my family; I can only go to the doctor for emergencies because our insurance really wont pay for anything else). Democrats want to expand on it to hopefully fix it, but in many people's eyes, its unfixable, and they think expansion of it will make it more expensive for them. They aren't eager to be kicked out of hospitals, they are eager to not be paying most of their income on medical insurance, like it was before Obamacare. Only then, god forbid you have a pre-existing condition, or were a student. 

Over simplifying, or dismissing the concerns of those poor chaps is unhelpful, and part of the reason the Democrats lost the working class white vote. 

It's a culture shock for many. Especially for Europeans, who see smth so basic, obvious and core to us, regarded as "unattainable" or "communist-like."

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

It's a culture shock for many. Especially for Europeans, who see smth so basic, obvious and core to us, regarded as "unattainable" or "communist-like."

Generally, Americans do not trust their government, especially in the Southern US. They would rather see the states run the show on a local level, than a large federal government. So anything that gives the government more power, and say in their lives, they don't like. A fear of many people against universal healthcare, is the government telling them what they can and cant have treated, where they can and can't go, and eventually, what some have labeled, "death panels" where the terminally ill, mentally ill, or elderly are denied healthcare to save costs. You can laugh at that fear all you want, but, at least here in the southern US, we are taught to not trust the federal government, to work more on the state level. This argument, strong federal gov't vs. strong state gov't goes all the way back to 1783 when the government was being set up with the Articles of Confederation, and again in 1789 with the Constitution. 

The irony in all of this, is the fact that many of these people want the government to dictate lifestyles and keep the LGBT community chained down. 

15 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Generally, Americans do not trust their government, especially in the Southern US. They would rather see the states run the show on a local level, than a large federal government. So anything that gives the government more power, and say in their lives, they don't like. A fear of many people against universal healthcare, is the government telling them what they can and cant have treated, where they can and can't go, and eventually, what some have labeled, "death panels" where the terminally ill, mentally ill, or elderly are denied healthcare to save costs. You can laugh at that fear all you want, but, at least here in the southern US, we are taught to not trust the federal government, to work more on the state level. This argument, strong federal gov't vs. strong state gov't goes all the way back to 1783 when the government was being set up with the Articles of Confederation, and again in 1789 with the Constitution. 

The irony in all of this, is the fact that many of these people want the government to dictate lifestyles and keep the LGBT community chained down. 

Well, I'd laugh at it if it wasn't such a terrible situation. It's more like a sigh of desperation. It does feel like the US has its fair share of problems and evils due to a fear of losing "local power" or "culture." I'd say another great example is the huge perma-discussion on weapon control. It's insane how much of a problem it's in the US, and how so many people are absolutely against any form of control no matter how bad things might get.