Donald Trump Megathread

babiker

12 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Damn people! Give the man a chance! He has not even taken office yet and you are already bashing him, good grief!

lol  Are you new to politics or something?  Either that, or you haven't been paying attention the past 16+ years.  Welcome to the American political scene, baby.  If you're not with us, you're against us.

13 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Damn people! Give the man a chance! He has not even taken office yet and you are already bashing him, good grief!

What's bothersome is that, while I'm giving him a chance and I do want him to succeed (more in a minute), my expectations are so damn low of him that if he doesn't throw up on the shoes of a Japanese dignitary I'll be pleased.

19 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

"Why should we be fair to someone who has more money than us, more fun in his life and accomplished more with just existing than all of us combined did by doing stuff!" /sarcasm

I think it's just modern "political correctness" that teaches us to hate anything that is not the popular opinion.  "Don't like what we do, well sucks, you racist child ra**er born from incest. WE are the tolerant ones and YOU are intolerable!"

And it might not be obvious, but this is an opinion. If it offends you, just don't listen to it.

Edited by Prinny
Just to be sure

26 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

You are right we shouldn't let his history of awful business decisions, his refusal to pay workers, a god awful "university" under his name, racist rhetoric, fucking insane delusion of a border wall, praising the rule of pretty much every dictator, childish behavior, history of creepy sexist behavior, and the inability to speak like a grown up give us the wrong impression of him. 

He could completely change in the next few months....... but than I have to ask what the fuck is the point of voting for someone if you believe they will become a different person when they are actually president. 

25 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Yup, especially when many are ignorant comments.

I didn't mean to say that many comments are ignorant ... But ... Yeah ... some comments are just ... I think you understand what I wanted to say xD That's why I dislike politics and respect people who try to avoid it as much as possible ... The fact that so many netizens are freaking out over Trump's victory is like looking at bunch of people being butt-hurt and very emotional over something that they can't control ... I think many aren't able to think rational right now because of all of these emotions that are being generated at such a short notice ...

Interestingly, as the rest of the votes are being counted, it is becoming apparent that Clinton actually won the popular vote. More people wanted her to be president than Trump.

Shades of 2000 all over again. Isn't it wonderful how this has happened twice now in the last five elections?

I respect people not wanting to talk about politics. That's your decision. But politics have a heavy weight on the everyday life on this planet, like it or not. It may even come down to VNs even. Politics influence the state of affairs, globally and locally. It's an important matter.

6 minutes ago, Okarin said:

It may even come down to VNs even.

:michiru: Is Trump planning to go to war with Japan maybe? I didn't hear of that one xDD ...

Yeah, politics is important but being angry and emotional like some people are right now isn't going to help in the politics discussion, in fact, it's just going to make matters worse because of so many conflicting opinions on the matter and the way some people are engaging in the politics discussion makes me dislike the subject as a whole even more (it's not related to Fuwa, I am talking about it in general, the net is literally on fire with angry Clinton and Trump fans who are threating with killing each other and what-not) ...

About the VN thing -major aspects like censorship or import regulations can be influenced by a particular direction in power. That's law. Trump wants to build a gigantic wall to keep immigrants away, so it wouldn't be surprising if he wanted to starve Japanese media fans away, too. He'd probably view some works as obscene, provided he got to know about them. Damn, don't you know about the 80s and the PMRC?

And Trump's ascension is an actual problem. Not for his followers, of course, but in truth, probably for everyone under the Sun.

7 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

And that's still based on the majority of the people, who gives a fk about states1!

In the scenario I painted, I'm sure most of the country would be thrilled with having their leader shoved down their throats by the 3 sole states. Disenchantment might grow to the point where a section of the country wants to break away and form their own country, like how Scotland wants to break away from the UK, and Catalonia pushing for independence from Spain. People don't like having things decided for them by far away people who are different.  

I mean, I have problems with the way votes are split with electoral colleges, and maybe the winner takes all delegate system, but I don’t like the idea of a popular vote. We don’t have one in Australia, either. Each area elects a representative, the party with the most representatives forms Government, the party elects a Prime Minister.

We also have cases where Prime Ministers win office but lose the popular vote. I’m not really fussed when it happens, though. It means the loser of the campaign was disproportionately popular in some areas, but I think giving those areas excessive influence could cause problems. 'We're being governed by those folk in *such and such* a place, and I'm sick of it.' 

Catalonia/Basque Country/Quebec is deeply unlikely in the USA. At least here, they push a nationalist agenda that's rooted on different identity -different language, different customs, different culture. This isn't true even in Spain, much less in the case of America. How is Texas essentially different from New York? Not enough differences to create another country, I think.

Moreover, the very concept of the USA already allows for a lot of independence in laws and government from one State to the next.

21 minutes ago, Okarin said:

About the VN thing -major aspects like censorship or import regulations can be influenced by a particular direction in power. That's law. Trump wants to build a gigantic wall to keep immigrants away, so it wouldn't be surprising if he wanted to starve Japanese media fans away, too. He'd probably view some works as obscene, provided he got to know about them. Damn, don't you know about the 80s and the PMRC?

About the giant wall thing, it will never happen and I am willing to bet my money on it ... You take too much things Trump says for granted, he is a populist, he talks a lot and a bunch of things he says aren't going to happen, here in Serbia we have populists like him, they only talk big but when they need to do something real, they are nowhere to be found. The giant wall with Mexico is never going to happen, for many different reasons. As for 80s, I don't know anything about PMRC, I wasn't alive at that time. As for banning Japanese obscene stuff (where VNs also come into play), I don't really see it happening, unless some higher forces were to come into play. I am more worried about copyright laws and Trump ... But that's another matter ...

21 minutes ago, Okarin said:

And Trump's ascension is an actual problem. Not for his followers, of course, but in truth, probably for everyone under the Sun.

People rise and fall, so will Trump, every populistic politican out there eventually runs out of fuel ... Besides, from what I have heard, both Clinton and Trump are disliked very much so this whole voting between those two was more like voting against the other candidate so he/she doesn't win, I think that this is so far the worst president election cycle in the history of the USA, having two such candidates is by itself a defeat for USA, either of them winning is a lost battle for the general public and I see no reason for people to be so angry about it right now, anybody who has even remotely followed the election could see how bad the options really were ...

20 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

In the scenario I painted, I'm sure most of the country would be thrilled with having their leader shoved down their throats by the 3 sole states. Disenchantment might grow to the point where a section of the country wants to break away and form their own country, like how Scotland wants to break away from the UK, and Catalonia pushing for independence from Spain. People don't like having things decided for them by far away people who are different.  

I mean, I have problems with the way votes are split with electoral colleges, and maybe the winner takes all delegate system, but I don’t like the idea of a popular vote. We don’t have one in Australia, either. Each area elects a representative, the party with the most representatives forms Government, the party elects a Prime Minister.

We also have cases where Prime Ministers win office but lose the popular vote. I’m not really fussed when it happens, though. It means the loser of the campaign was disproportionately popular in some areas, but I think giving those areas excessive influence could cause problems. 'We're being governed by those folk in *such and such* a place, and I'm sick of it.' 

Ppl are mixing up regions with people, 3 soles states ARE most of the country based on population, who gives a fk about states, its the people that matter!