Donald Trump Megathread

babiker

Ahahahahaha he actually won. This is why I love America, it's a country that can get spoon-fed data from all around the world about a candidate being insanely detrimental for the country politically and economically, and they'll nevertheless vote him as Mr. Jock 2016.

All hail Trump!

America got lucky(?) with this one. He is what they brought upon themsleves. Vox populi & all that stuff.

Still better than Hillary, imho. I don't like her at all. Something about her is just creeping me out. Obligatory inb4 "U afraid of womans, m8?!"

I think Colbert said it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhFGO8R7aU

This hell of an election is over, now stop this divide, stop this mutual fear and hate and accept that neither side is THAT bad. Trump isn't really a massive idiot who will set the country back 20 years and Hillary isn't really a corrupted hag who would have have caused WW3. We can still get through this.

8 minutes ago, Amuzie said:

Will Trump being the president affect the VN and or anime community at all?

*Obligatory "he will make anime real" answer*

Except for some memes, I don't think so. Him being in charge might as well be a plus for us since all people that scream "censor XYZ" seem to be against him

Whether you like him or not, Trump is a clear testament that the entire mainstream media and the government trying to hammer down a candidate isn't the solution. (unless the plan was to elect him all along through reverse psychology i guess) 

He is a meme and he was damn good at memeing his way to the White House. 

Fix America's electorial system is you don't want this shit to repeat itself. 

As always, the human capacity for total blindness to reality and selective listening astounds me...  damned populist politics.  Nixon ruined things for everyone.

Edit: Incidentally, I plan to just ignore national politics for the next four years... it isn't like anything good is going to come of this.  This reminds me of 2010, when a bunch of morons who believed the talk of 'death panels' elected a bunch of rowdy incompetents and so-called ultra-conservatives who act like three-year-olds for the first time... 

Edit2: I will vote in 2018, if only to get rid of Paxton and Abbot (the AG and Governor of Texas), but I honestly have lost what little faith I had in human nature over the last eight years...

I was hoping that we would buck the international trend toward nationalism, populism, and protectionism, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected sense from a country that thought electing people who called themselves the Tea Party was a good idea... 

30 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Whether you like him or not, Trump is a clear testament that the entire mainstream media and the government trying to hammer down a candidate isn't the solution. (unless the plan was to elect him all along through reverse psychology i guess) 

This and this is the only reason he won in my opinion. You are saying you want equality and free speech in media but the next second you are ridiculing every Trump supporter and throwing dirt right and left. It is so freaking sad to see celebs, TV stations and I don't know what doing anything to give Hillary support and bash Trump.

The same happened in Sweden  2 years ago when we had our election. Media, celebs and everyone with just a small dose of influence was bashing one of the parties because their roots were racist and extreme. The solution isn't bashing and hating on someone. The solution is to bring the conversation public and pierce the political party and their key political issues. Bring it to the light and discuss it. You can't sweep something like immigration/housing/medical care/education under the carpet for example. You have to tackle it with your own solutions and pierce the bubble to break the other side. The Swedish democrats got almost 13% and destroyed the political stability we got for a long time. And it gets worse for every year.

But no let's have a kindergarten level on the politics. That's doing great. 

5 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

This and this is the only reason he won in my opinion. You are saying you want equality and free speech in media but the next second you are ridiculing every Trump supporter and throwing dirt right and left. It is so freaking sad to see celebs, TV stations and I don't know what doing anything to give Hillary support and bash Trump.

The same happened in Sweden  2 years ago when we had our election. Media, celebs and everyone with just a small dose of influence was bashing one of the parties because their roots were racist and extreme. The solution isn't bashing and hating on someone. The solution is to bring the conversation public and pierce the political party and their key political issues. Bring it to the light and discuss it. You can't sweep something like immigration/housing/medical care/education under the carpet for example. You have to tackle it with your own solutions and pierce the bubble to break the other side. The Swedish democrats got almost 13% and destroyed the political stability we got for a long time. And it gets worse for every year.

But no let's have a kindergarten level on the politics. That's doing great. 

It’s seen as elitist snobbery. There’s growing resentment toward the intellectual left (or the liberal elite) because of how they treat people whenever there’s an election, or if the right win. One of the first things claimed is how everybody’s stupid. No, they’re not stupid, they just have different concerns and you dismissing those concerns will just cause deep resentment. It's just arrogance, and conceit. 

I agree with you 100% here.

2 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Isn't the institutional left the same everywhere, though? They make really bad losers. If they win, however, all is lollipops and rainbows.

Trump was promising a bitter fight if he lost, while Clinton conceded peacefully. Makes you wonder how things would be if the situation was reversed.