So I just finished this video... thing... about Narcissu

Ashadow700

...aaaand I really need some feedback on it.

Somehow it turned into one of the most embarrassingly pretentious things I've ever made, so I can't really tell myself if it's good or not. :(

So... what do you think? It is currently set as unlisted, so are there any changes I need to make before I upload the final version to Youtube?

(Or should I simply bury it under a mountain and forget I ever made it...?)

It's like you just narrated it, summarized it, told the game's name then recommended it. However, I really can't criticize it since I'm not that knowledgeable about this kind of things..

+ "Narcissu can be downloaded from funwanovel:" Fix that please.

It's like you just narrated it, summarized it, told the game's name then recommended it. However, I really can't criticize it since I'm not that knowledgeable about this kind of things..

+ "Narcissu can be downloaded from funwanovel:" Fix that please.

Yeah, just a quick summary was more or less what I was aiming for, rather than a deeper analysis.

But I don't quite understand what it was that you wanted me to fix. Just the name or where to download it from?

Ok some short feedback

Firstly you have some good pacing and your voice and tone are good as well

Secondly. Narrating the text is fine, for 40 seconds. At that point I thought. I'm turning this off, so start your summary of the game about then. Otherwise you are just rambling.

If you want to post the source you got it from, that's your choice, it's not a requirement.

Other than that, decent video. Maybe a bit more detail about things you though we're high points and improvements the game could have made, also try and make it apparent on who it might appeal to.

Ok some short feedback

Firstly you have some good pacing and your voice and tone are good as well

Secondly. Narrating the text is fine, for 40 seconds. At that point I thought. I'm turning this off, so start your summary of the game about then. Otherwise you are just rambling.

If you want to post the source you got it from, that's your choice, it's not a requirement.

Other than that, decent video. Maybe a bit more detail about things you though we're high points and improvements the game could have made, also try and make it apparent on who it might appeal to.

Big thanks for your feedback Kendjin!

You gave me a bit to think about with the about narrating text and since I actually did that intentionally. Not sure if it was a very good idea, so I don't think I'm doing that again.

Also I'm quite happy that you liked the tone and pacing of my speaking since that's what I'm having the most problem with.

I know how embarrassing it is, but hey, you did a good job. I could never do something like that.

Now for some feedback:

Aside from the pros and cons that Kendjin and Mouse have mentioned, I only have one point - your choice of music. Scarlet is a great piece of music indeed, but I don't think it fits the atmosphere that you wanted to create in this video. The Emerald Sea or The World is Coming to an End (don't remember correctly the name of the song) would be more suitable in my opinion.

Anyway, +1 for your efforts!

I know how embarrassing it is, but hey, you did a good job. I could never do something like that.

Now for some feedback:

Aside from the pros and cons that Kendjin and Mouse have mentioned, I only have one point - your choice of music. Scarlet is a great piece of music indeed, but I don't think it fits the atmosphere that you wanted to create in this video. The Emerald Sea or The World is Coming to an End (don't remember correctly the name of the song) would be more suitable in my opinion.

Anyway, +1 for your efforts!

Hey Rachshen. Thanks for your feedback.

I went back and forth between the different tracks of the game and personally I felt that the atmosphere between them was fairly similar. Maybe that was just me, I dunno. I'm going to have to give it some time and then go back to judge which one "feels" better.

But either way, thanks again for taking time with this thing. :)

• 9 months later...

as old as this is... i'm going to reply here and now:WHY IS THIS NOT ON YOU CHANNEL???!!!

as for the actual feedback: i think your video would work perfectly as an intro to a full review, if you shorten it just like kendjin told you. but, if thats not what you whant, i think leaving it the way it is wouldn't be a bad idea. it's more fitting you give this VN a special kind of video, as it's not quite like most other VN's.

i would also suggets giving it a title the will draw in any kind of person. something with a question mark at the end.

...aaaand I really need some feedback on it.

Somehow it turned into one of the most embarrassingly pretentious things I've ever made, so I can't really tell myself if it's good or not. https://forums.fuwanovel.net/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif

So... what do you think? It is currently set as unlisted, so are there any changes I need to make before I upload the final version to Youtube?

(Or should I simply bury it under a mountain and forget I ever made it...?)

http://youtu.be/WCWb6WXL_00

Oh wait a minute, you're that guy on YouTube! Loved your Rewrite review by the way! As for the video, I really liked it. It really drew me into the story, and I can see how people will be curious to find out more about it.

Oh wait a minute, you're that guy on YouTube! Loved your Rewrite review by the way! As for the video, I really liked it. It really drew me into the story, and I can see how people will be curious to find out more about it.

as old as this is... i'm going to reply here and now:WHY IS THIS NOT ON YOU CHANNEL???!!!

as for the actual feedback: i think your video would work perfectly as an intro to a full review, if you shorten it just like kendjin told you. but, if thats not what you whant, i think leaving it the way it is wouldn't be a bad idea. it's more fitting you give this VN a special kind of video, as it's not quite like most other VN's.

i would also suggets giving it a title the will draw in any kind of person. something with a question mark at the end.

....what the heck, guys?...

I haven't seen a thread necrosis this bad since InvertMouse dug up the old Fuwanovel podcast thread, and that one was only 6 months old at that time.

Well, might as well tell you, I just felt that this video wasn't nearly on par with my other works at the time on finishing it, so I basically just decided to scrap it. I'm keeping it unlisted so that I ever find myself disconnected from youtube and unable to make anything for several months,  I could just reupload this one to fill up that void, telling people that it was something I made way back in summer 2013 and that they should not get their expectations up.

And thanks for your compliment about my Rewrite review, Tenkuru =)

....what the heck, guys?...

I haven't seen a thread necrosis this bad since InvertMouse dug up the old Funwanovel podcast thread, and that one was only 6 months old at that time.

Well, might as well tell you, I just felt that this video wasn't nearly on par with my other works at the time on finishing it, so I basically just decided to scrap it. I'm keeping it that one so that I ever find myself disconnected from youtube and unable to make anything for several months, I could just reupload this one to fill up that void, telling people that it was something I made way back in summer 2013 and that they should not get their expectations up.

And thanks for your compliment about my Rewrite review, Tenkuru =)

Wait what?! It was this old? I swear I saw this on the front page...

Well now that it's been revived, may as well keep it going :P.

You should do a full on review of Narcissu! It's one of my all time favorite VNs and I'd love to hear some extended thoughts on it :).

Eh... maybe, but I won't do that any time soon. it's like a year ago since I read Narcissu now, and I don't feel any real need to re-read it at the moment. Besides, my buddy Mattrocks101 has said he is making a review of it, and it's probably going to end up better then anything I could do right now

Yepp that old.

And there is no way you could have seen it on my channel front page because it has never been there. This video has always been set as unlisted.

Yepp that old.

And there is no way you could have seen it on my channel front page because it has never been there. This video has always been set as unlisted.

Oh, I meant that I saw the thread on the front page. And you should do more reviews, you're a funny guy!

Thats because i was the one to revive it; i was searching for ahadow700's post's, and while there, i found this wonderfull gem!  :D

and i'm still saying you should upload this in your channel. do you understand the amount of fans who will rejoice, or non-fans that will discover this masterpiece? your choice of withhelding this work of art is tantamount to blasphemy! what happend to the guy that whanted to spread visual novels?

and who cares if there's more than one video about it? the more the merrier i say.

something else i noticed in your posts, ashadow700, is that you keep degrading your videos. Dood, i'm not exagerating when i say your one of the best reviewers on youtube. give yourself some credit.

Oh, I meant that I saw the thread on the front page. And you should do more reviews, you're a funny guy!

exactly my point.