Help me decide between two great choices

CorgiKing

Hi guys,

Just finished up chusingura and while the ride was great it was only decent for me. Nothing really stood out other then the time period. I love novels set in the feudal times. 

But that's beside the point. Point is I need to start a new one and I was wondering if I should go for G senjou no Maou first or Stein's gate? I heard glowing reviews for both and to be honest I've kind of put them on the back burner for awhile now and I need to finish them. So which one should I start first? 

Cheers and thanks.

Maybe Steins Gate here if only most of this forum like that. But both of those VNs were good in their own way of course, although the genre was very different though (Steins Gate was sci-fi, while G Senjou was something alike Death Note iirc). In the end, I'll leave the decision to you to follow my suggestion for playing Steins Gate or ignore this and play G Senjou.

Haven't played Steins Gate yet, but G-Senjou was awesome.

If it's easier for you take this point of view: for a policial/yakusa VN (with great Kira vs L like moments) choose G-Senjou, or if You'd rather like Sci-fi (As i said, I didn't read it but all I read from forums and reviews and amazing comments) go for Steins Gate.

Either way you won't be disappointed.

I think that Steins is more complete and consistent, something rare in time travel stories, it is more extensive and the art is a bit hit or miss, but it's a sci-fi more "realistic", not the "we build this rocket with the power of friendship" pseudo sci-fi crap.

G-Senjou in other hand, is a work with a high higher, but a low lower, the end is really good, but how the route system works and the inconsistency between the routes kills the score to me, you could send the other heroines to hell and only go to the true end.

To me, Steins is a better work because of the consistency, but if you overlook the flaws, the end of G-Senjou it's really a "boom".

They're both really good choices.

I haven't actually played Steins;Gate yet, but a lot of people on this forum love it, so I'd recommend playing it. 

G-Senjou is possibly my favorite VN of all time, (I know that isn't saying much,) but it has a just slightly lower review score. So I'd recommend playing Steins;Gate, then playing G-Senjou no Maou

To be honest, I thought G-Senjou was just okay, not a masterpiece. Though I did enjoy the ending immensely, the journey there was slow at times. If I hadn't had a mountain of spare time on my hands when I was reading it, I probably would have dropped it.

Steins;Gate, on the other hand, is one of only two games I've ever given a 10/10, and that in spite of the fact that I had already watched the anime, which usually makes me less interested in reading the VN. It's as close to perfect as any VN I've ever read.