Characters you love to hate?

xGreyHound

What are some characters you love to hate? When I say this I mean you hate the character because they are well written. This can be from anything, some examples are;

Gilgamesh from Fate (real douche here)

Handsome Jack from Borerlands

Jason from Tokyo Ghoul

That one creep from the second season of SAO

There are plenty more those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.  

Male: Yuuji from Grisaia, Tomoya from Clannad, Kyousuke from ef.

Female: Elis from Canvas2, Nemu from DC1, Miyako from ef.

That's just off the top of my head.

P.S. Nevermind, I can't read. Those are just characters I generally hate. I'll leave them here for posterity and as a warning re: reading comprehension.

P.P.S. It's not even in the VN discussion section, so meh. I'm gonna clean the egg off my face and go get some sleep now.

4 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

Gilgamesh from Fate (real douche here)

>choosing anyone but Shinji

Never mind, I actually read the original post  :sachi:

4 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

That one creep from the second season of SAO

Ahhh, you mean stereotypical creepy waifu thief.  I honestly thought he was hilarious because of how poorly he was written.  Like, really, all he wants to do with his life is screw Asuna and torment Kirito?  lmao

Isn't the term "love to hate" suppose to refer to characters that are douches or jerkasses but we still love them because of how likable and memorable they are? (ie The Joker.) If that's the case, then why is Sugou/Oberon (the douche from SAO you listed) on your list? He's pretty much hated by every SAO fan and anime fan out there. I don't think characters that are hated so much fit the bill.

And maybe Gilgamesh too, but I don't know if Fate fans actually like him since I've only seen the anime adaptations of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. I'm actually indifferent about him really.

9 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

Think there's only this guy. Hate may be a little too extreme though. 

ReZero spoilers 

Reveal hidden contents

med_1472997726_image.jpg

Lol, I remember that. EMILIA IS BEST GIRL 

10 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

I'd say you would not really "hate" any well-written villain, seeing as the best villains are those to whom you can relate to in some capacity

I mean if they're a villain and you don't feel any negative feelings toward them they are poorly written. Handsome Jack is a perfect example, probably the best written villain of all time. I love him, he's hilarious, and witty, at the same time he's one of the biggest douche canoes I have witnessed.

11 hours ago, KonpekiUmi said:

Isn't the term "love to hate" suppose to refer to characters that are douches or jerkasses but we still love them because of how likable and memorable they are? (ie The Joker.) If that's the case, then why is Sugou/Oberon (the douche from SAO you listed) on your list. He's pretty much hated by every SAO fan and anime fan out there. I don't think characters that are hated so much fit the bill.

And maybe Gilgamesh too, but I don't know if Fate fans actually like him since I've only seen the anime adaptations of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. I'm actually indifferent about him really.

An example more or less, Gilgamesh is a well written Dickweed that's why he in on there. I like Gilgamesh but I think he's a douche flute. 

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Ahhh, you mean stereotypical creepy waifu thief.  I honestly thought he was hilarious because of how poorly he was written.  Like, really, all he wants to do with his life is screw Asuna and torment Kirito?  lmao

I still thought he was kinda an asshole, I don't remember much about him since I tried to forget watching that show altogether. I used him as an example more or less. 

12 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

HOW DID I FORGET SHINJI? 

• 1 year later...