Long time Lurker here

CorgiKing

Hi!

I've been lurking this board for quite some time now and I guess it was finally time for me to make a profile account and start introducing myself. I'm a 30 year old (Happily Married) gamer who fell hard for visual novels and dating sims hard during his teen years and that love still burns quite strong to this day (something I'm trying to share with my wife, although she hates the emotional Nakige ones). I remember my first encounter with them was with True love and Season of the Sakura (Dem anime clones!) and I just sort of enjoyed the concept of a game where the object was to be loved and to find love when it was a time when games were reaching new peaks in how violent and edgy they could get. I remember wanting to play the new hotness of Japan which at the time was Sentimental Graffiti and To Heart...two games to this day I still haven't played despite my many years of taking Japanese during my college days.

Anyway. My hobbies are all over the place but I'm first and foremost a video gamer. Always have, always will. I am blessed with my job being able to reflect that love and passion, I work at a market and research firm strictly for the video game industry, something which I hope to be able to take advantage on as I always try to be vocal about my support on visual novels of all kinds. When I'm not talking about games or my jobs or visual novels I enjoy movies, going to the beaches of sunny San Diego California, and generally enjoying life with my wife and my adopted son(dog), Zorro.

I'm hoping to meet friends here real soon.

P.S.

I love Majikoi.

Momoyo and Benkei are best waifus.

48 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

You still manage to enjoy video games despite them being your job? Thats quite the feat from what I understand. 

The difference is I don't play games for a living.

I research them. SO every damn information you could think of that I could quantify and sell as valuable information to publishers and developers I research, record, and put on a report.

Although I did QA for awhile (testing for those who don't know) and that alone almost killed me. It was a stupid graveyard shift for a triple AAA game that flopped hard on the PS4.

Anyway thanks for everyone's welcome.

7 minutes ago, CorgiKing said:

The difference is I don't play games for a living.

I research them. SO every damn information you could think of that I could quantify and sell as valuable information to publishers and developers I research, record, and put on a report.

Although I did QA for awhile (testing for those who don't know) and that alone almost killed me. It was a stupid graveyard shift for a triple AAA game that flopped hard on the PS4.

Anyway thanks for everyone's welcome.

I think that the outcome of the job depends on the quality of the game,huh ?

5 minutes ago, Gaikonaiko said:

I think that the outcome of the job depends on the quality of the game,huh ?

Sorta, yes.

I guess it depends.

I've worked with developers who worked on shit games even though they had a talented staff. 

It was just no one wanted to work on it wholeheartedly.  And it showed.

Well my NDA by now has expired so I might as well tell you what that flop was.

It was Killzone: Shadowfall and despite being on the all time best selling list it was considered a commercial failure for Sony.

3 minutes ago, CorgiKing said:

Sorta, yes.

I guess it depends.

I've worked with developers who worked on shit games even though they had a talented staff. 

It was just no one wanted to work on it wholeheartedly.  And it showed.

Well my NDA by now has expired so I might as well tell you what that flop was.

It was Killzone: Shadowfall. 

You can sort of figure out why the game didn't really work out if you're familiar with the game and franchise.

I'm not X)

1 minute ago, Gaikonaiko said:

I'm not X)

Well long story short that game had problems from the get go but wasn't allowed the time to fix them due to Sony wanting the game to ship out during the PS4's launch cycle. 

Company greed won out over the desire to ship out a quality game. 

Well,the games on Sony consoles are better than the company ^^ (Coming from a PSP owner.)

14 minutes ago, CorgiKing said:

Well long story short that game had problems from the get go but wasn't allowed the time to fix them due to Sony wanting the game to ship out during the PS4's launch cycle. 

Company greed won out over the desire to ship out a quality game. 

2 hours ago, CorgiKing said:

I work at a market and research firm strictly for the video game industry, something which I hope to be able to take advantage on as I always try to be vocal about my support on visual novels of all kinds.

And you haven't gone insane yet? :makina:

Hello to our humble boards, hope you'll like it around here.

PS. I'll have to stab you straight from the beginning, but Majikoi is overrated :rimu: