Forums you've been to before joining Fuwanovel.

EastCoastDrifter

As the title says, are there any forums that you've been on before joining Fuwanovel? And if so, what was your story behind them?

I'll start. Here are a couple of forums that I've been on.

Ani.Me: This was the first ever forum I joined in my history on the internet. Back then, it was THE site to go to and talk about anything anime-related. Sadly, this forum had shut down because the admins had trouble keeping the site up financially. It no longer exists.

Elforums: I joined this back when I was into that MMORPG Elsword, but I left it from a combination of poor communication (I was socially awkward back then) and loss of interest. I never logged on to the forums since.

Nepboards: Despite being a Nep fan, I never stuck with this forum for very long because it had a severe lack of activity. I was informed that an incident with a rogue user along with the incompetence of some admins and mods caused the site to literally implode on itself, resulting in a lot of users leaving.

Senran International Academy: I joined this one because (much to my shame), I was once into Senran Kagura. Overexposure to the series eventually took its toll on me and I lost interest in it completely, so I never logged on since. I was more of a frequent member on its Skype chat but I left that for personal reasons.

I haven't really hanged around any internet forums for any meaningful amount of time. Although.... I suppose one could say that I conversed allot on Runescape. I still have vivid memories of celebrating complete strangers newborn nephews, arguing politics, and playing psychiatrist to depressed people. They were good times, not good for my sleeping patterns though.

The Katawa Shoujo forums were my first forum and I stayed there for about a year, till I had literally nothing of any worth left to offer.

I've been part of Sputnikmusic for about two-and-a-half years now, probably my most active. Community is... acerbic sometimes, but I can't seem to leave it alone.

And here. Obviously.

Smashlabs.de: the german forum for smash 4. sadly after half a year after the game came out I realized that it sucks competetively and a couple of days ago I deleted my account. Glad I quit it though, the german community of this game is cancer.

GermanSmashBoards: the german Melee forum. Although I'm not active there, the community is pretty chill and funny a lot of the times.

Is it allowed if I said the forum that I joined after Fuwanovel? If so, then let me tell my story with forum here.

Erxxxgxxxs.com - Looking at the first post, I saw some debate about Fairy Tail and decided to voice my opinion there (I'm neutral about Fairy Tail by the way, although I must admit there's some questionable twist though).

Pretty Cure Live Journal - It's Live Journal blog, but since there's many comment that sometimes formed in one of the post (And sometimes there's replies) I guess it could count. I couldn't tell my story at there quite well, but at least I tried to write about Pretty Cure seiyuu whose involved in Visual Novel and of course tell my opinion about the particular episode sometimes (My blog name was derived from this 'forum' name for the trivia).

VNDB - Need I add link for this one? Neverthless, before Fuwanovel was like this nowadays, I'd like to write about my opinion there and obviously used it as forum for VN. Let's just said that there's some interesting individual there as far as I remember back at VNDB.

Other than those three, I'd also got my account at Animesuki (It was just to ask Seinarukana walkthrough through private message) and Rutracker (Quite hard to do because of language, and only to got stuff which at one time need to registered as the requirement iirc). For other account, I mostly just lurking though. I think that's all I could share in regard of forum.

Edited by littleshogun

I actually haven't participated in a forum community for quite a few years before I joined Fuwa earlier this year (2016).

I used to frequent Goku's Corner and most notably the Bethesda forums since I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan. I haven't been on neither in many years though, and I believe Goku's Corner doesn't even exist any more.

I doubt anyone is going to remember this, it was during the dark ages of the early internet where AOL ruled supreme and DSL was for royalty with money to burn but I used to be part of the one of the earlier Anime Forum boards called Anime Genesis or AG for short. It was a humdrum collection of Internet scum and villainy before any of that shit ever really existed. 

I loved it. Even had an internet girlfriend over on the forum board (My Chunbyou levels of cringe of that memory still persist to this day)

I'm pretty sure it's no longer around but it serves as a great memory for me.

Also Gaia Online... is that still a thing?

• 3 months later...

This is my first VN forum that I've joined, however I've been involved with a few others such as the Dollars for their interesting discussions on a wide range of topics, and several different game projects, ranging from attempts to rebuild games that have died to creating new games entirely. It's always an interesting experience being part of a set of forums.