Forums you've been to before joining Fuwanovel.

EastCoastDrifter

Like many others, this is my first and only VN forum. There are other VN forums out there, but they felt less... "official". Here, you have official translators like Sekai Project (I think it was Sekai?) gathering around and stuff, so it feels more professional.

Aside from that, I've naturally joined other forums prior to Fuwa, including:

- SakugaCity: A forum for anime, movies, comics, video games; just about anything geek-related.
- AnimeSuki: Kinda stringent and cold, so it was hard to connect with people there.
- MyAnimeList: The opposite of AnimeSuki. It's a mess. Chaotic, plagued with trolls, and rampant with arguments everywhere you turn. It's the YouTube comments of anime forums.
- AnimePlanet: Quaint place. Didn't stay for long.
- Hummingbird: A better version of MAL, though not by a large margin. Too bad it got closed down.
- Crunchyroll: See MyAnimeList. Left almost immediately after I joined.
- Anime League: Too many members and the members are too distanced (rarely chat up other members and merely keep to themselves). Much like MAL, without the trolling.
- AnimeForum.com: Long dead forum. I didn't really like this forum before it died either.
- AnimeForums.net: A perfect balance between stringency and lightheartedness. So underrated. Deserves a lot more members and attention.
- Filmspotting: A movie forum with one of the most courteous communities you can find on the Internet. And that's saying a lot.
- Movie Forums: What it says on the tin; it's a movie forum. Kinda uptight. The AnimeSuki version of movie forums.
- BSN: Bioware Social Network unofficial forums. Left a few weeks ago due to drama.
- CBR: Comic Book Resources forums. An "official" comic book forum, not unlike Fuwanovel. Lots of comic book writers gather there, including the notorious Joe Q (had an ugly argument with fans back then in the forums).
- Spider-Man Crawl Space forums: A forum for Spidey fans like myself. Tends to have drama like MAL.
- Roleplayer Guild: A very newb-friendly forum for those interested in Play-by-Post RPGs. Had a lot of fun myself, but never had the time to stick around a single RPG playthrough.

And last but not least...

- Player.me. Not technically a forum, but has a community of its own. Back in the heyday, when it first appeared, making friends was sooo easy because everyone was following each other for no reason other than to build up their number of followers. The problem with that was you get a lot of trolls and nasty types showing up. Nowadays, it's kinda hard to communicate with one another for the same reason as AnimeSuki and Anime League. People are just too distanced from each other, and they don't welcome newbs with open arms like a lot of friendly communities I've seen done (and thus thrived as long as they did because of such friendliness). Sigh. Oh well. Not every forum can be a Utopia.

• 2 weeks later...

Forums have been my home on the internet for a very long time. If I get an interest that I can't talk to people around me about, I pretty much join a forum for it. I was surprised when I found fuwanovel 2 years ago because i'd been searching for a visual novel forum like this for years. As my main interest, I am of course a member of quite a few idol forums, such as onehallyu (thats the korean one.)

hongfire - I joined this forum orginally for game making purposes but eventually used it for VNs

anime-sharing- I migrated here after hongfire went down the drain. This was my main VN forum before I found fuwanovel.

novelupdates- I'm not even into lightnovels but always wanted to be, one day... This forum is super active with like minded individuals so I use it anyway.

myanimelist- I use this sparingly.

forum.Nichegamer- I was so excited when I found this forum because I've always wanted to join a japanese gaming forum. Turns out the people on this forum were pretty terrible. I just checked it out again and the forum seems to be dead. Still searching for a japanese game forum.. I guess Gematsu will do for now even though its not an actual forum.

reddit - I guess this is like the "forum of the future" of sorts. Im pretty active on here for all my philosophy/science, and any other unmet needs.

And there are some other forums that I probs shouldnt mention cause they're embarrassing.:maple:

Edited by Noir

MangaGamer forums - I was pretty active there. It was by that time that I was actually reading VNs and wanted to talk about it, since I'd just learned Japanese. I still feel sad that it suddenly vanished.

ULMF - I'm more of a lurker in there just like I'm here on Fuwanovel. Not much to talk about since I usually don't play the games that are being discussed over. But I do enjoy reading the discussions, just like here.

Anime-sharing - there is only one thread that I used to post (not anymore), that being the Netorare General Discussion Thread. But I don't go over there anymore since I'm not a fan of how netorare became popular and I also find the most recent VNs released pretty terrible that I don't even consider them netorare. I also don't like the opinions of the guys over there. The people that I used to enjoy talking with seem to have the same opinion as mine, in which that the most recent netorare visual novels fail terribly at it. Oh, I also haven't gotten over elf's closure. I considered elf the mothership of the netorare genre.

Bleach Asylum - I used to be a huge Bleach fan, but I dropped it before its ending. Although Bleach Asylum is almost dead by now after Bleach's ending, I still enjoy going over there and talking with some users. I don't talk about Bleach anymore, but I'm always around games, other mangas, movies and sports threads.

Edited by vkalvkal