Corpse Party - should I play with a guide or not?

Nuka

The first game. Wondering if I should do a blind play, or use a guide? Ive heared there are tons of endlings and easy to fuck up if i dont save at the right places...

Guides do not really decrease my enjoyment of VNs in general but what did you do when playing this for the first time?

Remastered 3ds version.

Just now, Satsuki said:

Personally, I think you should not play ANYTHING with a guide, unless you are stuck.

Same, that's my philosophy in games. I never use a guide until I'm absolutely, positively stuck, so stuck, that I've been trying to figure it out for the past 30 minutes to an hour.

I played Corpse Party after I had seen a few playthroughs of it, so I'm not sure if I would've used a guide or not. I'd say don't use a guide, because of spoilers as well as because you lose a sense of accomplishment and other such things.

While I understand the philosophy of not using guides, Corpse Party has like 10 different bad endings for every good ending. It's very easy to keep messing up and rather hard to figure out what you're supposed to do sometimes.

Though I will say if you look for the clues, they are there, so perhaps only use a guide if you're truly stuck after half an hour.

I used a guide for Corpse Party Book of Shadows because walking around the map and constantly getting stuck was annoying, and I don't believe that really ruined my enjoyment of it. I also used a guide for some bits of Corpse Party Blood Covered, and that didn't ruin the game for me.

For Corpse Party, use a guide. You can find spoiler free guides for the game. The smallest of details can cause you to get a bad end. And with the lack of text skip, replaying parts of the game is very tedious and time consuming. It was such a frustrating experience until I finally caved and used a guide. 

Don't use a guide.

Even if you have to re-start again, that feeling of fearing if you screwed up somewhere before or the surprise to find out that what you thought was a correct choice at first wasn't really enhaces the gameplay experience.

PS: Use headphones while playing it!