Badly describe a Visual Novel

Khazit

On 12.11.2016 at 1:40 PM, kilicool64 said:

I heard a pretty hilarious description of Zero Time Dilemma that I could shamelessly steal for this, but not only is ZTD not a VN, but the description is a pretty big spoiler. Might as well leave it here anyway:

Reveal hidden contents

Old man with complex motives needs his parents to develop super sperm and super ova, then get laid.

Here are some non-spoiler descriptions for actual VNs:

#1: Guy is eager to buy a farm.

#2: A world without clothing irons.

#3: Not all internet users are male.

#4: When you hear "unclean", you think of antidotes.

#5: Seven VNs for the price of one.

#6: The VN equivalent of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

#7: Damnit.

#8: Arson caused by the Hello Kitty franchise.

#9: Puppies are the root of all evil.

I think it's time I start dropping some more hints:

#1: It refers to the VN's first sentence.

#2: Already answered. I/O's characters have extremely wrinkled clothes.

#3: Already answered. The premise of Go Go, Nippon! is that the protagonist decides to spend a week in Japan living with two internet acquaintances without knowing that they're female.

#4: As I explained in an earlier post, it refers to a fairly unconvincing translation in the VN.

#5: It's a VN whose development was extremely mismanaged, resulting in scenarios that are fundamentally incompatible with each other, to the point where they almost feel like completely independent stories. There are insane amounts of continuity errors, and the tone is all over the place with no consistent focus.

#6: MGSV:TPP was a very controversial game due to being released in a clearly unfinished state. Dataminers have discovered that an entire third chapter got cut.

#7: As I already explained, the translation of the VN in question misspells "dammit" as "damnit".

#8: Already answered. Root Double features an article in a French newspaper about an arson. However, some of the text is actually related to Hello Kitty.

#9: There's a fairly obscure VN in which several incidents never would've happened if it weren't for a puppy.

Edited by kilicool64

15 minutes ago, kilicool64 said:

Thanks for the hint here. Didn't knew that MSG Phantom Pain was unfinished to be honest. Then again I'd never following any discussion on recent console games regularly to be honest. Oh, and it's still just my guess here.

Edited by littleshogun

3 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Thanks for the hint here. Didn't knew that MSG Phantom Pain was unfinished to be honest. Then again I'd never following any discussion on recent console games regularly to be honest. Oh, and it's still just my guess here.

That's it. From what I've heard, Remember11's executable contains some references to a Self Route.

41 minutes ago, kilicool64 said:

#5: It's a VN whose development was extremely mismanaged, resulting in scenarios that are fundamentally incompatible with each other, to the point where they almost feel like completely independent stories. There are insane amounts of continuity errors, and the tone is all over the place with no consistent focus.

Katawa Shoujo?

52 minutes ago, kilicool64 said:

My life

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, let me try another chance here but not for answering. Let's see how about:

'A prostitute in a crapsack world'

Have fun, and I knew it was very easy.

Rose Guns Days

2 hours ago, kilicool64 said:

Root Letter

5 hours ago, kilicool64 said:

Is it Rewrite?

Technically those two were right (Prostitute in crapsack world), but too bad that's not what I think for the VN. And no, it's not the protagonist by the way. So, let me gave three more hints here. Let's see, the hints here would be Ceui, Nanjou Yoshino aka Nanjolno, and floating continent. Oh, and pink as well. From now on it should be easy.

Speaking about pink, I think another riddle here. How about 'A MC was persevere to enrolled at school with two committees. Had lots of pink for interface'. Good luck.

49 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Technically those two were right (Prostitute in crapsack world), but too bad that's not what I think for the VN. And no, it's not the protagonist by the way. So, let me gave three more hints here. Let's see, the hints here would be Ceui, Nanjou Yoshino aka Nanjolno, and floating continent. Oh, and pink as well. From now on it should be easy.

Speaking about pink, I think another riddle here. How about 'A MC was persevere to enrolled at school with two committees. Had lots of pink for interface'. Good luck.

Aiyoku no Eustia and Princess Evangile?

2 hours ago, iamnoob said:

Did you even read Moon?

Of course. It did a good job building up to Terra, but completely failed to tie the previous routes together in a way that justifies their existence. The whole thing felt like seven different VNs in one (the common route, Kotori, Chihaya, Shizuru, Lucia and Akane's routes, and the combined scenario of Moon and Terra). I'm not saying there were literally no connections between the routes whatsoever, but they were of so little importance that you could've easily turned them into standalone scenarios. In fact, that might have been a better approach, since then they wouldn't have suffered from huge amounts of incredibly obvious continuity errors, and a horribly inconsistent tone and focus.

2 hours ago, kilicool64 said:

Aiyoku no Eustia and Princess Evangile?

Your right about Eustia here. But too bad the 2nd guess here was not what I think here (It's not Evangile, and not Primal x Heart here). Well let's see, the hints here would be big eater MC, KIYO, and time machine. Good luck once again.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Your right about Eustia here. But too bad the 2nd guess here was not what I think here (It's not Evangile, and not Primal x Heart here). Well let's see, the hints here would be big eater MC, KIYO, and time machine. Good luck once again.

Is it infamous for the 'quality' of its 'translation'?  And is it Flyable Heart?

Edited by Prinny

On 11/14/2016 at 10:59 PM, Prinny said:

Is it infamous for the 'quality' of its 'translation'?  And is it Flyable Heart?

Yes, it is. And persevere part was supposed to refrence to the translation itself.

For next VN, let's see. How about 'poison was quite useful status' for the description and for the hints it would be MC as demon king, had familiar with blonde hair, and SRPG. This should be easy, and have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For next VN, let's see. How about 'poison was quite useful useful status' for the description and for the hints it would be MC as demon king, had familiar with blonde hair, and SRPG. This should be easy, and have fun.

SRPG, Maou and blond familiar has to be Himegari Dungeon Meister. Wouldn't "One Ring to rule them all" fit more? If I remember right I was the only one ever being poisoned xD

I have a good one "Dogs like to watch Tetris"

7 hours ago, Prinny said:

SRPG, Maou and blond familiar has to be Himegari Dungeon Meister. Wouldn't "One Ring to rule them all" fit more? If I remember right I was the only one ever being poisoned xD

Yes, it is. Although I said poison, all other status actually was quite useful if only for some certain mechanic there ie I'd using poison status at Himegari to do some stat grinding. As for your riddle, well sorry couldn't guess that right now.