(ANSWERED) Automatically display text from ITH with Chiitrans?

Dergonu

Like the title asks, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically hook the text that pops up on ITH in Chiitrans. Some games simply aren't hookable using Chiitrans, but I still prefer the lightweight and simple Chiitrans window when reading for full immersion.

Does anyone know of a way where you can hook the game with ITH, but keep the Chiitrans window open and then have the ITH text displayed on there automatically? Having to go into the ITH window and highlight the new text every time in order to get it to pop up on Chiitrans is quite tedious at times. You basically have to take a short break for every line when reading like that.

Yeah you can hook ITH with Chiitrans as mentioned above, but an easier way is to just use a custom hook in Chiitrans itself. That's how I got Maitetsu running on Chiitrans alone.

If ITH can grab the text, simply copy the hook ITH uses, which is this bit here:

8233d0046c604f58a77c3f6540321845.png

Open Chiitrans, go to Options > Text Capture > Install User Hooks, and paste the hook into the top bar, then press "add". It should look like this once you're done:

b7bc30fef3c343568de47b639650a8bd.png

Then just press Ok and Chiitrans should have a new hook to select from :) (there may be multiples, just select one that works properly)

5801323249f04c7ca34557e47f9eb0b3.png

I hope this is useful. I myself don't like having to run ITH alongside Chiitrans, especially because there's an extra bit of delay added when you do use the two together, so it's pretty convinient that Chiitrans can use custom hooks as well. You can use this for literally any game, so next time you have an h-code for a game, just use it on Chiitrans directly instead of ITH.

2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Yeah you can hook ITH with Chiitrans as mentioned above, but an easier way is to just use a custom hook in Chiitrans itself. That's how I got Maitetsu running on Chiitrans alone.

If ITH can grab the text, simply copy the hook ITH uses, which is this bit here:

8233d0046c604f58a77c3f6540321845.png

Open Chiitrans, go to Options > Text Capture > Install User Hooks, and paste the hook into the top bar, then press "add". It should look like this once you're done:

b7bc30fef3c343568de47b639650a8bd.png

Then just press Ok and Chiitrans should have a new hook to select from :) (there may be multiples, just select one that works properly)

5801323249f04c7ca34557e47f9eb0b3.png

I hope this is useful. I myself don't like having to run ITH alongside Chiitrans, especially because there's an extra bit of delay added when you do use the two together, so it's pretty convinient that Chiitrans can use custom hooks as well. You can use this for literally any game, so next time you have an h-code for a game, just use it on Chiitrans directly instead of ITH.

The "install user hooks" is greyed out, and has a key next to it for me, so I can't click it. Any idea how to make it clickable?

30 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The "install user hooks" is greyed out, and has a key next to it for me, so I can't click it. Any idea how to make it clickable?

you can only add an h-code ("user hook") if you start the visual novel itself with chiitrans if you dont do this it will grey it out (it wont let you use it since you are not starting the ITH that comes with the chiitrans itself)

I don't recommend you to use the text hooker that comes with chiitrans, the delay thing that nosebleed talks about can be fixed within ITH itself, in fact some engines wont be able to hook properly with the ITH that comes with chiitrans (like NScripter ) since it only comes with a delay function and not an split time.

29 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

you can only add an h-code ("user hook") if you start the visual novel itself with chiitrans if you dont do this it will grey it out (it wont let you use it since you are not starting the ITH that comes with the chiitrans itself)

Ah I see, thanks, it's working now.

29 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I don't recommend you to use the text hooker that comes with chiitrans, the delay thing that nosebleed talks about can be fixed within ITH itself, in fact some engines wont be able to hook properly with the ITH that comes with chiitrans (like NScripter ) since it only comes with a delay function and not an split time.

Well, I'll use this method when possible, and just use ITH + auto paste to clipboard + Chiitrans for other games.

I prefer to always use Chiitrans to display the text itself, though what actually hooks said text really doesn't matter to me at all, as long as it's displayed propperly in Chiitrans in the end.